Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Darkson
Green__Eagle
6 posters

How do you counter this nasty technique?

Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

How do you counter this nasty technique? Empty How do you counter this nasty technique?

Post by Green__Eagle Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:21 am

If this isn't the proper place to discuss this, please move it (with my thanks).

I'm SL10 in New Londo Ruins and got invaded by some guy with a dragon's head who snared me and was able to push/drag me all over.

I don't know if it was intentional, but when he pushed me off the bridge, he followed me to our deaths.

I could not break free. It felt like a stun-lock, but I could not change weapons, which is how I was able to break a stun-lock in Demon's Souls.

edit: I suppose I should have put this in PVP discussion, but I cannot find a way to move it...

I haven't seen this discussed here, but has anyone else encountered it or found a way to break free from it? This is nasty; I felt like a puppet.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

How do you counter this nasty technique? Empty Re: How do you counter this nasty technique?

Post by Darkson Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:35 am

You are probably talking about that "new" (?) glitch with the dragon head. Did it look like he has unlimited dragon breath? It really isn't supposed to be like that. It gives those dumbbutts who use it the ability to "machine gun" it... I just started playing Dark Souls again after a rather long break and this was something new to me. I've encountered several of these glitchers by now, it's annoying, and you can't escape it (at least I haven't found out a technique).

I feel you man. winking
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

How do you counter this nasty technique? Empty Re: How do you counter this nasty technique?

Post by Juutas Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:54 am

Yep. No escape. The best thing to do if you don't want to give a glitcher your souls is to just dashboard.
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:00 pm

The only way this new glitch works is if they have unlimited stamina. And if they are within lock-on range. Sometime the only way to beat a tactic is to understand how it works.

I have started carrying crossbows and dung pies just for these aholes. If you poison/toxic them they lose thier stamina regen so they can only do the glitch for about a minute. Also WOG has a larger zone than roar, so you can stun them out of it if you get the timing right. I have actually beat 2 ouf the 3 I have run into using this technique.
    Motopsycho
    Motopsycho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Motopsycho Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:15 pm

The problem with the above strategy is the roars deflects anything you throw at them. I tried like a mad man to get distance, and get to an unreachable place without stopping the glitch, and poison arrow him to death, but all the arrows got deflected.

One thing you can do, and it's extremely risky, is to use a demon spear or any other super long reach spear.
    Since they are dragons, they have 0 poise if they are not wearing the wolf ring, if if they are you can tell. Anyways poke him from as far away as you can, you will stun them thus preventing the roar to continue. It's REALLY difficult though, but i did manage to kill one like that recently.
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:27 pm

Yes hitting them with arrows or bolts has to be done before they start roar. It is to force them to keep their distance as they need the lock-on to initiate the glitch. Once they start it no projectiles will make it through to them. But you can occasionally hit them with dung pies, you just aim around them not directly at them. Actually I think something like poison or toxic mist would probably be great in this situation as well.

They have little to no poison resistance and usually no poise either. Ideally the object is to keep them from initating the glitch. Once they start it they can only walk slowly so you can easily outrun them and force them to try again or cancel the glitch.

Last edited by RagingDragon_69 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:32 pm

Suprise fire tempest can kill them as well, its risky at best though.
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:54 pm

Ya, anything with a wide AOE is your friend. I would also bet drop attacks would probably work as well if you could land them.
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:07 pm

Realistically we should only have to deal with these dbags for a couple more months. Once the DLC comes out we should start to see some patches again. And I would even bet we get a patch shortly after the PC version has been released.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:40 pm

I haven't had the chance to do anything. They already have the roar on when I spawn and they are waiting at the spawning spot and since I duel in the Burg, you know the pit is not far from the spawning spot...
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:42 pm

Sadly all the glitchers are at locations where they can toss you off something easily. Burg, Forest, Sens are the 3 main hot spots for them. I have started avoiding those places and i haven't run ibto a glitcher in a couple days now. I reccomend we all just avoid those area's for PVP.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:47 am