Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Buggy Virus
Eudaemonium
Bioraptor
Bcc17
RandelOolacile
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Azran
cloudyeki
amirali69
14 posters

killing skeletons without a divine weapon !!

Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

killing skeletons without a divine weapon !!  - Page 2 Empty Re: killing skeletons without a divine weapon !!

Post by Bioraptor Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:09 am

I bought The Witcher 2 and I think it sucks.

The only thing that is a bit dodgy in the Witcher is the combat,apart from that it as a compelling story.
    But if you gave up on the game you will not have known this.

To the OP DkS is all about exploring my friend and either surviving or dieing from your actions.It is then up to you to learn from your mistakes and move on.
    So if you want to go somewhere in this game?,then go.
    The only way to learn is to die.
    Yeah the people have given you good advise,(most) although I believe asking for help ruins your 1st time experience DkS will give you if you just play it blind.
    Good Hunting.

Last edited by Bioraptor on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Eudaemonium

killing skeletons without a divine weapon !!  - Page 2 Empty Re: killing skeletons without a divine weapon !!

Post by Eudaemonium Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:11 am

Dark Souls has ruined me as well. It's one of the few games I've carried on playing since getting the Platinum trophy, and I'm seriously stoked for the DLC. That said, I can still play other *types* of RPG, but I find that anything that's meant to be similar gameplay-wise to DkS just suffers poorly in the comparison.

Unfortunately my 136 hour Skyrim save corrupted on me, so I have to play that again before PS3 finally gets the DLC (so like 2015) =P.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:18 am

Eudaemonium wrote:Dark Souls has ruined me as well. It's one of the few games I've carried on playing since getting the Platinum trophy, and I'm seriously stoked for the DLC. That said, I can still play other *types* of RPG, but I find that anything that's meant to be similar gameplay-wise to DkS just suffers poorly in the comparison.

Unfortunately my 136 hour Skyrim save corrupted on me, so I have to play that again before PS3 finally gets the DLC (so like 2015) =P.

Yeah DkS does set the bar for all other`s that try to reproduce anything as close to it.
    Sorry to hear about your Skyrim corrupt save,this is a game I just did not get the feel for.
    I am not saying the game is no good,but I just did not get the feel of the combat.It felt false and dead.
    But this is just my personal opinion.
    amirali69
    Casual
    Casual

Post by amirali69 Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:11 am

it's ruining me 2 hahaha i think it's a game that you need to spend time on it, it might be confusing at first but i love evert aspect of it ! big grin I couldn't find the Demon's Soul in malaysia, sadly sad
    amirali69
    Casual
    Casual

Post by amirali69 Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:58 am

is it un the patch 1.05 that you get souls from killing skeletons ?! i remember the first time i played the game there wasn't any soul, the first skeletons in graveyard :O!?
    Eudaemonium

Post by Eudaemonium Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:40 am

Bioraptor wrote:Yeah DkS does set the bar for all other`s that try to reproduce anything as close to it.
    Sorry to hear about your Skyrim corrupt save,this is a game I just did not get the feel for.
    I am not saying the game is no good,but I just did not get the feel of the combat.It felt false and dead.
    But this is just my personal opinion.

See, I played DkS after Skyrim, and I'm finding Skyrim really difficult to get back into. Maybe coincidence? =P

DkS is just more *fun* to play for me, now. It also has a more interesting plot, characters and a better overall atmosphere. I mean, the first two aren't that surprising, seeing as Skyrim basically has no characters worth mentioning and its plot is the biggest pile of cliche ever imagined.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:00 am

When I played Skyrim I got as far as turning myself into a ware-wolf then I stopped playing.

I dunno its chalk and cheese skyrim I think you either love it or hate it.
    But enough of skyrim I do not want to de rail the topic.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:08 am

amirali69 wrote:is it un the patch 1.05 that you get souls from killing skeletons ?! i remember the first time i played the game there wasn't any soul, the first skeletons in graveyard :O!?

Yeah after the patch you then received souls from killing the skeletons which personally I thought was wrong and a bit stupid.
    I mean skeletons are supposed to have no souls or am I mistaken?.There was a lot they put right with the patch but there was also a lot they put back.
    I also think its way to easy to up grade your gear now with being able to buy all the necessary elements needed.
    You get way way too much souls now from boss kills and others
    I belive they nerffed the game down in my opinion but this is just that.
    amirali69
    Casual
    Casual

Post by amirali69 Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:12 am

yes, i totally agree with you, it's much easier to go forward in the game and as you said you can buy almost everything from merchants !!
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:05 am

I remember the first time I went into the great hollow. . .

It was after Blighttown. . .

The horror. . .
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:32 pm

Did you rest in ash lake, buggy? I did...i was so excited to be part of the dragon covenant and was ecstatic that I had reached the bottom of the great hollow after what seemed like an eternity of constant You Died! Then on my way back I realized...i have to go up that tree now. I almost went insane...
    amirali69
    Casual
    Casual

Post by amirali69 Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:37 pm

haha so I should expect scarier places than blightown big grin I got in there today and I'm still wondering around looking for the treasures and all hehe i went there from the depths entrance big grin
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:40 pm

Just wait til you reach the ToG.
    First time I got there it was still pre patched... It was hell, I don't remember how many times I died from falling.
    I didn't get any skull lantern from the necromancers nor was able to cast light. Actually I didn't know Oolacile existed and was you know where... (trying to not spoil the game)
    I wanted to cry...
    JustT

Post by JustT Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:41 pm

I honestly don't know why I even buy new games anymore. Since I started DkS a couple months ago I've bought Witcher 2 (decent, but just doesn't captivate me the way Dark Souls does), Lollipop Chainsaw (only played for an hour. fun, but not dark souls fun), and Dragon's Dogma (I have yet to open it).

I was actually thinking about headed to the Great Hollow tonight but you guys may have just scared me out of it. Would it be so bad if I just rest at a blighttown bonfire and homeward bone (assuming I make it to the bottom )?

This thread is kinda all over the place, but here's my attempt at being on-topic/helpful:

Skeletons are weak to fire.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:I remember the first time I went into the great hollow. . .

It was after Blighttown. . .

The horror. . .

These are the things that can make Dark Souls difficult. The game itself isn't the problem but if you make one of these foolish choices you are like to get punished. Severely.
    amirali69
    Casual
    Casual

Post by amirali69 Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:42 am

ah man I'm stucked in blightown ! big grin I just can't get use to the place hahah but it's super fun discovering it ! big grin fortunately there aren't snipers around at the time, i killed three or two of them big grin I die a lot by falling off!
    and about the new games JustT , I bought the dragon dogma last week, i played it for like maybe 15 minutes and I was like: hmmmmm , let me play some more Ds hahaha i think we should stop comparing them to DS , coz it's obvious they LOSE big grin
    amirali69
    Casual
    Casual

Post by amirali69 Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:45 am

BTW, I finally got the Demon's Soul big grin I think I'll enjoy it the same after i finish DS big grin
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:48 am

Blighttown is hell for everyone their first time. It's totally normal.
    amirali69
    Casual
    Casual

Post by amirali69 Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:51 am

yea it's normal big grin I always expect worse from the game hehe
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:31 am

amirali69 wrote:not ready? big grin oh my god hehe then I'll discover sen's fortess next, i mean after blightown, is that right? big grin
    With a bit of persistence, I don't think the catacombs are too difficult. At least in my first playthrough I did the catacombs before Sen's. Without spoiling anything, the level is significantly harder than the boss. So if you can make it to the boss, you're probably fine.

If you don't have a divine weapon, practice kicking. Run up towards the tunnel to the Undead Burg from the firelink shrine, and practice kicking those enemies off the cliff. I would recommend not drawing them too close to the edge first. The further away the better, to see if you can get used to kicking them over and over for a decent distance. If you're careful about pulling skeletons, you can get rid of a lot of them in the Catacombs like this without much trouble.
    sean1230
    sean1230
    Casual
    Casual

Post by sean1230 Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:35 am

Go head into the catacombd...bring a silver knught spear...it has high damage and it perma kills the skellies...makes for an easy catacomb visit

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:10 am