Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Bosses wiki page

ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Bosses wiki page Empty Bosses wiki page

Post by ublug Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:45 pm

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/bosses - I recently noticed that the bosses page haven't been updated since around release, and have since been locked and forgotten. This should also (I hope) make the DLC areas/bosses easier to sort and understand (for players without the dlc). The page is for now just an alphabetic list of bosses and mini-bosses generated from page tags. By now we have ironed out what is and isn't a boss/mini-boss, so it's about time it gets an update. The tag lists will still be available on the page, but as tag-links instead of the lists.

I was thinking of listing both bosses and mini-bosses sorted by area, but I'm a bit unsure about which order the different areas should be listed. What's the normal/logical game progress route?
    Asylum - Burg - Parish - Lower burg - depths - Blighttown - Sen's - Anor Londo - Garden 1/2 - Demon Ruins 1/2/3 - Izalith - Catacombs - Giants - New Londo - / - Drakes - Asylum(2) - Painted - Ash Lake - Hollow.

Examples for new format:

Undead Burg:
    Taurus Demon - boss - souls - drops - short description.
    Black Knight - miniboss - souls - drops - short description.

Undead Parish:
    Belfry Gargoyles - boss - souls - drops - description
    Panzer Boar - miniboss - ...
    Channeler - miniboss - ...
    Berenike Knight - miniboss - ...

I was thinking that areas sealed by the great lords power should be listed after anor londo, but I'm not sure where to place the completely optional worlds. Also the red dragon, is its location considered to be in the burg or the parish?

All suggestions and ideas are appreciated.

Last edited by ublug on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Bosses wiki page Empty Re: Bosses wiki page

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:49 pm

Wyver is parish Im pretty sure, as it guards the entrance.

Asylum - Burg - Parish - Lower burg - depths - Blighttown - Sen's - Anor
    Londo - Garden 1/2 - Demon Ruins 1/2/3 - Izalith - Catacombs - Giants -
    New Londo - / Asylum(2) - Painted - Ash Lake - Hollow.

I think this list is fine. However I would also recommend

Asylum (Asylum(2))- Burg - Parish - Lower burg - depths - Blighttown (Ash Lake - Hollow) - Sen's - Anor
    Londo (Painted) - Garden 1/2 - New Londo - Demon Ruins 1/2/3 - Izalith - Catacombs - Giants

Personally I would also put the garden and New londo JUST after anor londo as they are often done first to become a DW
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:23 pm

What you have seems a logical progress route for difficulty, although the lore seems to lend itself to doing Upper New Londo, then Sif, and then Lower New Londo. Really depends on what kind of cadence we'd like to lay out. Alternatively, we could present dual routes with one based on a newcomer's difficulty progression, and another laid out for a NG+'r looking for a more structured lore impact.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:15 am

@ Emergence: The progress route is only to sort the areas by something, and shouldn't have to be too well planned. I was thinking that the page should be a quick overview of the various bosses, and to roughly sort them by area. We can also do the sorting later, after the page is filled in.

I made some quick samples on the test page: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/test+page
    I had some problems with listing the drops, because so many of them are just possible drops, which ideally needs an additional description and takes up a lot of space. Each boss page have in depth desriptions of drops and strategies, so that shouldn't really be necessary for the overview either. (keep in mind that the current boss list only consists of their names)
    The attributes I've added so far are:
    / Name / Boss Type / Souls / Weakness / Optional /
    I'm not sure if the 'Weakness' is needed either, this should also be listed on each boss page.

But what other attributes should be listed? Should we also list NG and NG+ values for souls & hp?
    / Health / Location (where in the area) / Description / Attack Type / ?

We could also keep the current page and link to it.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:22 am

I dont think description is needed, they are all fairly easy to find and the description is included in the wiki pages for each. I dont think you need to include precise info like hp and attack type in the overview. If people want that much info they are probably on the bosses wiki page.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:50 am

Could drop weakness and add location instead. If the aim is an overview, weakness would tie into strategy while location gives quick info needed.
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:26 pm

The wiki already has a recommended route so why not follow that?
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:39 pm

FexDS wrote:The wiki already has a recommended route so why not follow that?
    killjoy... :oops:

Is this the order listed on top of the places page? http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Places
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:04 am

Yes big grin

Here:

Walkthrough of Areas

Follow the areas in the order proposed below for our recommended approach.
    Progress Routes I Northern Undead Asylum I Firelink Shrine I Undead Burg I Undead Parish I Depths I Blighttown I Quelaag's Domain I Sen's Fortress I Anor Londo I Darkroot Garden I Darkroot Basin I New Londo Ruins I The Duke's Archives I Crystal Cave | Demon Ruins I Lost Izalith I The Catacombs I Tomb of Giants I The Valley of Drakes | The Abyss | Kiln of The First Flame

Also here guess the graphic could use some updating I made that one ages ago.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:03 pm