Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

I believe this is arguably my best build yet.

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

I believe this is arguably my best build yet. Empty I believe this is arguably my best build yet.

Post by Rynn Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:35 am

I make this claim on the basis of how I'm not getting bored of playing it.
    Simply put, I posted a Great Sword of Artorias build earlier this week, and it's actually really fun under a multitude of playstyles.

Here is all my weapons for the build.
    The Cursed Greatsword of Artorias
    This is the builds intended use. The Greatsword of Artorias is generally just your standard greatsword, but its got a significant increase in range, and this helps against a lot of opponents. I do not have it armed with a shield however, as it's intended to two hand it's weapon.
    The Zweihander
    Anyone that has fought a Zweihander before knows how effective it really is. It's get a great attack speed, and in the hands of an opponent not fighting for a backstab, it's a violent and powerful weapon that easily dead angles and punishes many an opponent. I buff it with Gold Pine Resin.
    The Shotel
    This is one of my favorite weapons in the entire game! The damage might be low, but it's a perfect weapon for those that sit behind a shield and try to backstab you all day long. It can also be viably useful against a spear turtle, however this can require you to out DPS them... which isn't always possible due to counter damage. Fortunately, all your blows will be considered counters too. I also buff this with Pine Resin.
    The Chaos Blade
    Replenishment cancels the HP loss a lot of the time, and the Chaos Blade is the most powerful Katana when you're not buffing, which this build doesn't tend to be very good at!
    Velka's Rapier
    Despite not having the best stats for it, this rapier is absolutely one of the best available! It's R2 is very more viable then the average R2, it does chip damage through a block, and it still deals pretty good damage when they don't block. I do turtle behind this item, and the rapier is just so fun to use against practically anyone. Please remember that 190 damage per poke = 10 hits to kill... when you are blocking, and essentially invincible. You have all the time in the world, and your pokes are not required to hurt all that much.
    Lifehunt Scythe
    I don't attack often enough to suffer from a self bleedout with this weapon. Meanwhile, my opponent dies in 3-4 hits. I have a shield for if I have a sudden interest in parrying as well.
    Demon Spear
    I prefer rapiers to spears. This is generally a direct response to anyone using the Dragon Slayer Spear to kill me. I also use the Dragon Slayer Spear on this build instead of the demons sometimes, but I usually favor the Demon due to having a shield.

I've had a lot of fun with this build, because I can do mid battle weapon swaps. In addition, because of my choice of equipment, I look like a patient from the insane ward; a white shirt, tattered pants, and shackles on my arms. It is both Aesthetically pleasing, and very fun to dress as. My poise is above the magic 53, and I do light rolls... while having an appreciable HP bar. I've never been happier with a build. I even have magic if I'm willing to work with lower grade effects!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

I believe this is arguably my best build yet. Empty Re: I believe this is arguably my best build yet.

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:45 am

Why don't you try the Shotel in your off-hand?
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

I believe this is arguably my best build yet. Empty Re: I believe this is arguably my best build yet.

Post by dancash1808 Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:45 am

Glad your having fun although I have seen you post mechanically superior if less flexible builds before now winking
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:53 am

dancash1808 wrote:Glad your having fun although I have seen you post mechanically superior if less flexible builds before now winking
    I don't think I'd be lying to say I can make insanely powerful specialized builds before. However, I feel the flexibility of this build generally makes it far funner then my robitically evil builds. Especially because I can go "Okay, this isn't working, but I have a plan!

Also I don't use an off-hand shotel because this builds weaponry isn't designed with style points in mind. This is a close balance of Strength and Style... mixed with a rare spice of variety.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:25 pm

Why so much Att? I'd put those points into End, it looks like you need them.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:I'd put those points into End, it looks like you need them.
    Hey.... Gaiz?
    Don't I normally play with like 15 endurance and no RoFAP, so 100 or less stamina?
    (I have MORE then enough endurance....)
    Also I needed 4 slows to get all my strategies. I usually use Iron Flesh and Force together, for projectile defense, forcing my opponent to get close. TWoP is used on certain types of opponents, and Replenshment is used on the other type.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:32 pm

I added this to the build thread sticky, I think.

I hope you ascend towards a form near 'perfection'... then perhaps even reach further.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:17 am