Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
DoughGuy
Federally
Shkar
ZikoLogiKa NL
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ViralEnsign_
10 posters

Anthology of the 1st Painted War ( Fiction based on the Lifehunter vs Noble Knights)

RaynexFall
    RaynexFall
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Anthology of the 1st Painted War ( Fiction based on the  Lifehunter vs Noble Knights) - Page 2 Empty Re: Anthology of the 1st Painted War ( Fiction based on the Lifehunter vs Noble Knights)

Post by RaynexFall Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:26 pm

very nice, i love the way you write, it leaves me wanting so much more of the story.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Anthology of the 1st Painted War ( Fiction based on the  Lifehunter vs Noble Knights) - Page 2 Empty Re: Anthology of the 1st Painted War ( Fiction based on the Lifehunter vs Noble Knights)

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:47 pm

Hey thanks guys. Its good practice for me and also good to know that people like in the style that I write. Next piece comes up ina few hours once I've proof read and done som revision of dialogue.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:58 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Will change the name man. Was going on memory. Sorry about that

haha no worries at all my friend ., offcourse you hadn't imprinted it in your memory :pirat:

I just thought Id give you the heads-up because writers tend to be perfectionists in what they do lol
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:10 pm

Sorry set back in the form of uni note taking. I have a three hour break today between Tutorials and my lectures so I'll get the next bit done then.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:33 am

Next bit right here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Lifehunter next to Etraiu screamed in pain as a crossbow bolt thudded into his shoulder, tearing the arm off in a spray of crimson blood staining his battered brass armour. He raised the flat angle of his blade slightly higher as a dozen more bolts bounced harmlessly off his blade and shield of his brothers now huddled tightly around the pristine statue of the Maiden at the centre of the keep.

The first line of defence had failed. The tactician Oscar proving that even in his absence his battle plans and men could ensure him the day. The assault by the Berenike Knights had seen to that, though they were all dead now, save a few who were slowly limping their way towards the rear guard of the Noble Knights formation. The Knights had begun to encircle the Eclipse since the initial battle had gone in their favour and now were busy forming their own shield wall, from behind which they were launching furious barrages of lightning, bolt, and spear at the frightened defenders.

Etraiu was trapped. He knew it. The lines had not been able to hold once the Gravesworn had been drawn away from the right flank. His own men had been lacking to, numbers perhaps but not resolve and had put up a valiant effort in repulsing the knights, the results of which could be seen piled in the snow. However resolve had not been enough to stymie their more numerous foes and the battle had spilled out into the open where the knight’s strength in numbers had be fully brought to bear.

He glanced around anxiously. His brothers were dying. While shields could stop the physical missiles being thrown at them very few of the steel and iron shields could protect them from the holy energies that would hiss and crackle as they hurtled towards an unsuspecting brother. Four more died. Each pumping their lifes essence to the frigid air from fist sized craters in their chests. All around the shield wall the Lifehunters were putting up signs of resistance. The solid twang of a cross bow, the screams of knights as a fire ball exploded in their midst, the chocking, hacking coughs of those knights who had been doused in the virulent poisons of the Painted World’s hollow denizens.

Behind him Hihime began to shudder uncontrollably. She had used up so much of her fire that day. When the knights had finally broken through the gate she had been the first of the pyromancers to step forth, whereupon she called a raging inferno out of the air to engulf the aggressors front ranks. Even then she had not let up, adding her powers to the volleys of fire orbs that had rained down on their heads, even immolating a Knight as he struck out at a fleeing man. She had no more to give and the paroxysms of pain that wracked her body had been the only thing able to draw Etraiu away from the rear guard action he had been mounting.

When he had arrived at the statue he had bodily thrust himself in front of her as the first of the volleys begun, receiving twin wounds, one where an arrow pierced his stomach, the other when a lightning spear clipped the side of his crown melting off one of the spikes and leaving him with a nasty stinging burn by his right eye.

Around him gathered the lieutenants of the Eclipse, they look dishevelled, worn, each man covered in a mix of his own blood and that of his enemies. They clamoured for orders, screaming, begging him to reconsider, their combined voices drowned out by the overwhelming silence that had settled over Etraiu.

His face pale and gaunt, lips purple and shaking gave the order.

Outside the ring of encircling Knights Wulf stood back to back with Rayne fending off a thrust from the shattered spear of his foe. The two meter long shaft of polished beech had been nothing when his blade snapped the spear tip off after a well placed counter attack but the splinted tip and iron capped haft were still dangerous enough and thin crescent of the waxing moon was still visible.

The Knight gave a guttural cry and thrust for the Wolf of Nito’s guts, but the silver haired man danced to side avoiding the blow. However the tip of the spear slid easily through Rayne’s turned back, and stuck there. Rayne rounded on the armless knight rendering him well and truly armless with two quick strokes of his twin Gravelord Swords.

“Wulf !” His enraged scream. “This is your doing. Get it out of me or I swear I’ll rip out tho.....!”

Sighing heavily Wulf turned, grasped the spear haft and with little effort at all ripped the beech from his brother, which he then sent hurtling after the armless warrior which took him full through the throat.

To the left and right the melee raged strong. Neither the Knights nor their bitter enemies showed any signs that they were willing to give ground, nor mercy to a hated foe.

At the head of the Gravesworn’s advance was Drake. His black armour now stained a dull red, his halberd an emissary of Nito as it cut through bone, steel, and flesh. Flanked on either side by a member of the Black Plague his vanguard was implacable, silent, and unstoppable. His polearm was about to descend on an armoured body when a blade skittered off one of his armoured gauntlets.

The Herald of Misery turned to face his foe. He was a small man, smaller than Drake anyway, near enough six feet tall, armoured in enamelled white plate mail, his shield bearing the crest of the Noble Knights. The way the man stood told Drake he was no ordinary knight. The “White” Knight exuded an air of peace and tranquillity which struck Drake as somewhat menacing in the chaos of the fighting.

However before the knight could make a move to engage him the battle swept him away in sea of pressed bodies and explosions of flame. However Drake felt as if such a confrontation had best been avoided. Sagely he removed himself from the form lines to see to the disposition of the men.

This proved to be wise as moments later the vanguard was shattered when a burst of pure energy ripped through the melee, whipping up snow and driving it into a frenzied blizzard. Six Gravesworn slumped to the floor, dead, two killed in the initial burst, three were rent and torn by half a dozen vicious cuts, while the last was forcibly borne to the ground, two meters of steel blade being drawn slowly from his chest. Bloody stains on white enamel.

Throwing all caution to the wind, enraged by the loss of so many brothers, Drake broke apart his own ranks, wading through the sea of bodies, and threw a violent thrust at the offending knights helm with the intention of removing it ,and the head within, from its shoulders.

The “White knight ducked low, and parried the second swing with the edge of his shield, following up with a savage counter attack. Sparks burst and blades were deflected by solid plates of iron and steel, resounding drum beat whenever the knights blocked blows with their shields, just the same a blood dripped from fresh wounds when guards were lowered.

The fight wore on for several minutes, the advantage swaying both ways, and at times when it seemed as though one combatant would finish the other the defending knight would find some reserve of strength to escape his fate.

Finally it seemed as though the White Knight had had enough, his voice lowered as he muttered some sort of prayer over his weapon and seconds later it crackling bolts of lightning were running along its reflective silver surface. With a flourish he parried the blow Drake had sent his way and thrust the entirety of its length through his chest with a sickening crunch.

With a twist the knight bore Drake to his knees where he continued to be ravaged by the arcing tracers of light.

Far off in the distance a murder of squawking crows began to abandon the monastic ruin of Priscilla’s inner sanctum, their feather blotting out the sky in a soft black rain.

Im churning this stuff out now. All look grim for the Liehunters and Gravesworn but what is happening in the ruins of Priscilla's Sanctum that could make Avrik's flock abondon him?
    RaynexFall
    RaynexFall
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RaynexFall Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:42 am

wow, viral this stuff is awesome to read, can't wait to see what you have next.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:50 am

Its heading to the climax about nowish so its got more to come.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:55 am

It's amazing , I just had to up rep the third part , aswell as the first big grin

You can really tell he sees everything he writes as a clear image in his head, which in return reflects on the recipient aswell !

I really like the use of as many adjectives as possible in a writing or songtext
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:20 am

Wicked writing man and rayne srry for the broken spear to the back bro Prostration
    RaynexFall
    RaynexFall
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RaynexFall Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:35 am

>.> i see no spear in the back, i thought you took it out. should i rip out some throats? <.<
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:37 am

You will have no fear.... I did like how you cut that guys arms off though
    RaynexFall
    RaynexFall
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RaynexFall Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:39 am

you give him credt sir, Bow as he does have no fear. and i liked it too, made him look awesome imo.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:42 am

Anyman who wields two massive as **** curved swords deserve so freakingg respect.

Also as a dual weapon user i feel you deserve some spotlight.... we brave non shielding villains must stick together against all of those cowardly shiel....... oh wait Im not supposed to say that.
    RaynexFall
    RaynexFall
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RaynexFall Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:44 am

in all honesty, i built this character as to escape my terrible turtling habits. as i've never truly tried dual wielding.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:48 am

Time to read this I guess. I hope you didnt take to many liberties being the leader of one side silly
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:55 am

Nope you will see that I praise you sufficently in the last two section. Will continue to do so in the next two. White beats out Fed (not saying that happened in reality) but as Drake is no mortal he can't die that easily. Will have the Knights winning a bit longer. Etraiu in trouble.

Avrik's flock leaving him? What is going on here?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:57 am

Just so you know Serious's toon is Andarta, and Chi's is Gabranth.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:01 am

Also just read Chi's first fight with Fed, he is a Knight of Havel. So for the showdown you should have him in Havels armour if possible.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:03 am

Will do I tried to be vague and took a few liberties with them..... still okay though right? And does Gabranth use a Dragonbone Hammer?

I will PM serious and revise the section about Gabranth making him more in character.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:06 am

Gabarnth ...during the PW war would be using a dragonbone hammer, yes thats good. And yeah what you've got atm is fine.
    Andarta is a mage who uses the balder side sword. He wouldnt yet be using crystal magic, just normal sorceries.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:08 am

RaynexFall wrote:>.> i see no spear in the back, i thought you took it out. should i rip out some throats? <.<
    yes always rip out some NK throats.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:10 am

Okay thanks for letting me off the hook this time.... but I think I will revise. it is a bad habit to let lack of research get in the way of good story telling. I was in such a hurry to get this part out that I didnt think to check with either of them about use of character.....:oops:
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:12 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Anyman who wields two massive as **** curved swords deserve so freakingg respect.

Also as a dual weapon user i feel you deserve some spotlight.... we brave non shielding villains must stick together against all of those cowardly shiel....... oh wait Im not supposed to say that.
    hey not everyone that uses a sheild is a coward Wulf for example good sir
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:36 am

LOL im just messing with you shield users. They mean nothing to me seeing as I use dual shotel......
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:39 am

Anthology of the 1st Painted War ( Fiction based on the  Lifehunter vs Noble Knights) - Page 2 9k=

This is my interpretation of a shield in Dark Souls.

just messing with you guys shield users beat me aswell

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:22 am