Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
joeclone
Baiulus
TheBigLebowski
Uparkaam
passivefamiliar
callipygias
napski
11 posters

Peculiar Doll is gone!!

napski

Peculiar Doll is gone!! Empty Peculiar Doll is gone!!

Post by napski Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:17 pm

Hi everyone,

Well I have a problem here, but I am pretty sure I know what happened.
    Still I thought I'd ask just in case.

I need to get the Peculiar Door so I can go to the Painted World of Arimas.

Now earlier in the game, I went back before and fought the Black Knight there and beat him, but never went back to my old cell because I had no idea anything was in there (I lured out the BK and fought him).

Now that I've just learned that the doll was in there, I went back, but now it's gone.
    I've searched all over, but it's not there. I guess it just disappears if you don't pick it up?

If so, that really stinks, because now I can't get to the Painted World.

Does anyone know anything about this or if I can still get there somehow?

Thanks!

-napski
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Peculiar Doll is gone!! Empty Re: Peculiar Doll is gone!!

Post by callipygias Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:26 pm

That's really strange. Have you checked to make sure it didn't somehow find its way to your inventory? If not I'd try quitting/reloading if you haven't already.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:28 pm

Ya...if you didnt touch it. Didnt pick it up. It should stay there. ...can you be invaded there? Or summon there? Did you?maybe a phantom got it...rare crazy off chance of that. But if we are taking guesses.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:48 pm

passivefamiliar wrote:Ya...if you didnt touch it. Didnt pick it up. It should stay there. ...can you be invaded there? Or summon there? Did you?maybe a phantom got it...rare crazy off chance of that. But if we are taking guesses.

You can't be invaded in the Asylum. And you can't summon anyone there. Also, phantoms can't pick up items that belong to your world.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:04 pm

Maybe Cliff Richard has it?
    Baiulus
    Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baiulus Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:44 pm

Check your bottomless box, inventory, your cell again, and then, if all else fails, quit and reload in your cell.

If none of the above works, the Painted World isn't that fun anyways.
    joeclone
    joeclone
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by joeclone Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:26 am

wow this is really weird. i did the same thing yesterday. and went back and the doll was sitting there waiting for me.

maybe a new glitch?
    Baiulus
    Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baiulus Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:37 am

And maybe we all should spend less time questioning where his doll went, but why there is a strange corpse with the Half-Breeds doll in our old cell.

:affraid:
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:11 am

Baiulus wrote:Check your bottomless box, inventory, your cell again, and then, if all else fails, quit and reload in your cell.

I beg to differ. The Painted World of Ariamis is a lot of 'fun' as you put it with new enemies that do not appear in other areas of the game like harpies, snow rats and Phalanx, some of which drop unique items like Souvenir's of Reprisal, which are essential if you want to join the Blades of the Darkmoon. It's also where you'll find the Dark Ember, Velka's Rapier and armour set and the the miracle Vow of Silence and a pyromancy spell as well, so far from being just 'fun', it's a pretty essential area if you want to complete the game. Last but not least, if you don't go there you will never get to fight Priscilla, cut off her tail and gain a unique weapon.

Of course, if you're only interested in PvP the above will be of no interest.
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:24 pm

did you bb glitched?
    Baiulus
    Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baiulus Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:07 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:
    Baiulus wrote:Check your bottomless box, inventory, your cell again, and then, if all else fails, quit and reload in your cell.

I beg to differ. The Painted World of Ariamis is a lot of 'fun' as you put it with new enemies that do not appear in other areas of the game like harpies, snow rats and Phalanx, some of which drop unique items like Souvenir's of Reprisal, which are essential if you want to join the Blades of the Darkmoon. It's also where you'll find the Dark Ember, Velka's Rapier and armour set and the the miracle Vow of Silence and a pyromancy spell as well, so far from being just 'fun', it's a pretty essential area if you want to complete the game. Last but not least, if you don't go there you will never get to fight Priscilla, cut off her tail and gain a unique weapon.

Of course, if you're only interested in PvP the above will be of no interest.
    Hey, if you think undead fireball spam and harpy face-**** are fun, that's your business.

And all the various items aren't necessarily counted under 'fun', but more under the category of 'useful'; and I never said the Painted World didn't have its uses.
    Well What is it
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:11 pm

If you don't mind my asking, what about the Painted World drains the game's satisfaction for you? You just mentioned the enemies but the fireball guys don't spam spells worse than channelers or the sorcerer in the woods and I'm not sure what the complaint is about the harpies. I'm not trying to say you need to have fun in the world but as a person who enjoyed every stage of this game I would be interested in your viewpoint.
    Baiulus
    Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baiulus Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:04 pm

I never said anything so drastic as to imply that it 'drains the game's satisfaction for me.
    I just said that Painted World isn't that fun, implying that it isn't among my personally favorite areas.

And I never had so much trouble with channelers or sorcerers, but the pyro undead there would continuously shoot incredibly power and far-reaching pyromancies at me in groups. I may be a tad biased, due to the time I spent there was before a patch fixed some glitch or something, because there were BP pyro undead accompanying the regular ones, and I'd never even had online on at that point to make Gravelording A remote possibility.

I still don't see why my earlier comment has received so much attention. I didn't rant about how Painted World is the worst thing ever or anything; I just passively mentioned that it wasn't among my favorites.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:30 pm

Well.......since you asked.

Personally I just wanted to know why this area was different for you. If you're on the forum it's assumed you love the game so it's always intriguing to hear dissent I suppose.

Not personally and with a few psychology things first.....

Again, we all love the game here so any squeak of dislike sticks out like a sore thumb, thus drawing attention. So your comment sticks out. Coupled with that and in concert with love for the game, most of us assume other players would want the "full" experience which means going everywhere and getting everything. Also, there's no inflection or other nuances of speech while writing so that leaves comments open to the perception of the reader more so than a face to face conversation would. So......

The reason your comment drew so much attention is that the likely perception of it was you telling someone the equivalent of "**** it, who cares, kinda sucks anyway."

Now, that's not what you said and I'm not implying you meant it that way. In all reality you may have been trying to say something more like "it's not the end of the world, you'll still enjoy the game immensely."

And getting personal again, you have the right to say it either way or any way you want. I wasn't worried about and really was just curious so hopefully I didn't come across as hostile.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:21 pm

I agree with Skare. As always 'it's not what you say but the way that you say it' that matters. Your offhand dismissal of the Painted World implied that it wasn't worth bothering with which is absolutely not the case if you want to enjoy the game to the full. My comment was not intended to be personal, merely enlightening for any player who is new to the game.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:48 pm

Painted World is fun if you know every single inch of every shortcut to use the world as your advantage. If you do, you never have to open any fog gates and only one door, the annex door. Both PvP and PvE wise, the painted world can restrain and hold enemies back, as they get lost in the painted world. Get a bow, some chaos Pyromancy, other projectiles, and trapping techniques... It is a perfect game of cat and mouse of all of the enemies, both NPC and Human.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:04 am

Baiulus wrote:the pyro undead there would continuously shoot incredibly power and far-reaching pyromancies
    Those fireballs are so freakin' OP, especially into the +'s.
    joeclone
    joeclone
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by joeclone Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:23 am

i love the painted world 400 souls to kill a rat? awesome and i love killing the spartan tards.

and it feels like dlc
    Baiulus
    Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baiulus Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:49 am

callipygias wrote:
    Baiulus wrote:the pyro undead there would continuously shoot incredibly power and far-reaching pyromancies
    Those fireballs are so freakin' OP, especially into the +'s.
    I know! :x
    I picked up Fire Surge from that one hollow, thinking I'd be able to do the same thing; but I get got to cause game-freezing pyro instead. D:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 9:23 pm