Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Forest Hunter invasion difficulties

Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Forest Hunter invasion difficulties Empty Forest Hunter invasion difficulties

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:37 pm

Now, I've been forest hunting on my first character for a few months, and I never had much trouble getting invasions. Every 30 seconds to two minutes, given that the internet or game wasn't acting weird, I got to invade while wearing the ring. This was fairly consistent from level 100 to my current level, 214. Nowadays, however, I can't seem to invade anyone. It's not a problem with my internet, I can switch to my 55 DW and kill someone, then switch back and nothing. I spent 30 minutes last night running around the Garden, which is by far the fastest place to invade from, wearing the ring and nothing.

I really have no idea what's going wrong. I was sure that my SL had no bearing on invasion,that I could invade a guy at lvl 1 with the same ease as one at 700 no matter what level I was. Could that be wrong? Could it be that since I've killed hundreds of hosts, the game doesn't recognize me as FH+3 anymore? Do the ranks have anything to do with invasion priority? I'm at my wit's end here, I've pretty much had to give up on hunting lately because invading has been infrequent at best, impossible at worst.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Forest Hunter invasion difficulties Empty Re: Forest Hunter invasion difficulties

Post by DamageCK Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:36 pm

I know this sounds stupid... just double check that you're still in the cov. I've made that mistake tons of times.
    ithunktwice
    ithunktwice
    Addicted
    Addicted

Forest Hunter invasion difficulties Empty Re: Forest Hunter invasion difficulties

Post by ithunktwice Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:01 am

I have a 240 FH and I have no problems getting invasions. Try what Damage said, it's happened to me before too.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:52 pm

Nope, still in the cov. I was really wondering if someone understood the hidden mechanics of the ring's matchmaking so i could see where I was going wrong.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:55 pm

Occasionally the ring gets glitched. Leaving the Covenant and rejoining will fix it. Use Velka's "leave covenant" option to do such.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:56 pm

Thanks Rynn, I didn't know that. I'll try it and see if I can keep invading.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:57 pm

What SL are you? As far as most of us can tell, while there's no limit to who you can invade, there might be a couple things working against you. First, the levels sorta matter I believe. My 218 hunter mostly invades people around 200. Best guess is it's a search pattern that takes a look for the closest SL host and then begins working out. Who knows what the refresh rate is on the search though but I don't get a lot of beginners or level 700 these days. It mostly keeps me near my own range. Secondly, the game seems to group players into lobbies. So if you're in a particular group it can be hard to get out. How could that be a problem? Well if everyone in the lobby is tied up you might have to have to wait for a free host.

Personally I used to see a lot more variety in the 100s and months ago. 1v1, 3v1, any soul level etc. Currently it's almost always 2v1 and near my level.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:01 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:What SL are you? As far as most of us can tell, while there's no limit to who you can invade, there might be a couple things working against you. First, the levels sorta matter I believe. My 218 hunter mostly invades people around 200. Best guess is it's a search pattern that takes a look for the closest SL host and then begins working out. Who knows what the refresh rate is on the search though but I don't get a lot of beginners or level 700 these days. It mostly keeps me near my own range. Secondly, the game seems to group players into lobbies. So if you're in a particular group it can be hard to get out. How could that be a problem? Well if everyone in the lobby is tied up you might have to have to wait for a free host.

Personally I used to see a lot more variety in the 100s and months ago. 1v1, 3v1, any soul level etc. Currently it's almost always 2v1 and near my level.
    It does no such thing, there is just a tendancy to place higher level characters with hosts that have killed a lot of invaders in 1 life... which tends to be gankers.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:19 pm

Right now I'm SL 225. I know I said 214 in the op but I started a NG++ for a new slab and got a few more levels.

Edit: I'm not sure if that's true rynn, I've invaded and killed gankers and gotten multiple subsequent invasions on them when they were just coming back and starting to summon/kill the NPC's.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:25 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:Right now I'm SL 225. I know I said 214 in the op but I started a NG++ for a new slab and got a few more levels.

Edit: I'm not sure if that's true rynn, I've invaded and killed gankers and gotten multiple subsequent invasions on them when they were just coming back and starting to summon/kill the NPC's.
    It takes 1 hour for their kill rate to reset, roughly an hour.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:26 pm

Didn't know that either. How'd you find out so much about the mechanics of the ring and invading?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:38 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:Didn't know that either. How'd you find out so much about the mechanics of the ring and invading?
    Like Tolvo, I'm a long time Forest Member. I don't like other covenants much. As for how I know so much, a lot of it is just rough "it generally seems to work this way", a lot of which I set down the groundworks for in 1.04, when ganking didn't happen very often, and so I'd start getting summoned a LOT more often to the worlds of players that died rarely, or were high level. This happened -more- when I got to rank +2, and nearly exclusively at rank +3. Similarily, when hosting, and asking players what rank they were in the forest, I'd get +0 and +1 fighters early into the day, and +2 and +3 after getting 4 or 5 kills in a row. Invasion times also got faster the more often I killed... and would take roughly an hour to calm back down.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:43 pm

Nice, that's exactly what I was looking for, thanks. It's good to learn more about the ring, I'll see if i get my invasions working again.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:47 pm

Good info. That makes sense and is actually a pretty awesome mechanic if true.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:40 am