Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
swordiris
Bamjam
Ghadis_God
reim0027
Demon Slayer
Rynn
10 posters

No! Stop! Damnit! (interrupting duels)

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

No! Stop! Damnit! (interrupting duels) Empty No! Stop! Damnit! (interrupting duels)

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:38 pm

So, I just had a 2.5 hour brawl with a host in the forest... during which we were inturrupted 93 times by invaders... all of whom jumped into the battle nearly killing the host...

He used 21 flasks, 50 humanities, and 7 divine blessings.

I still never got to finish my blasted duel, the 93'rd invader killed him.
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

No! Stop! Damnit! (interrupting duels) Empty Re: No! Stop! Damnit! (interrupting duels)

Post by Demon Slayer Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:40 pm

jesus crist lot of vaders
    reim0027
    reim0027

No! Stop! Damnit! (interrupting duels) Empty Re: No! Stop! Damnit! (interrupting duels)

Post by reim0027 Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:49 pm

The host survived 92 invaders? Impressive!
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:00 pm

reim0027 wrote:The host survived 92 invaders? Impressive!
    Yeah! Knowing I went toe to toe with that guy and was almost winning most of the battles makes me feel a lot more skilled... but it was crazy to watch him just dispatch guy after guy without even a second thought about it.

He always used look skyward right afterward... which I presume was for trying to gank him.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:31 pm

After seeing 93 forest hunters try to kill the host, how would you say the average FH is in terms of skill? I always wondered how good my fellow hunters were, it's kind of hard to tell in a 2v2.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:34 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:After seeing 93 forest hunters try to kill the host, how would you say the average FH is in terms of skill? I always wondered how good my fellow hunters were, it's kind of hard to tell in a 2v2.
    Um... 60% of them are complete noobs, not even +15 gear.
    another 30% of them have gear, but are **** tier players... glitches, fishing, etc... This is just that 30% that didn't also have crap gear. It's more like 70% if I include the 70% from above.
    5% of them are good, as in average.
    5% of them I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:54 pm

I tend to invade together with that 30% a lot, just WoG spam and HR fishing, not doing either that effectively.

I haven't really fought together with any fantastic players, but it saddens me to think I'm probably better than 90% of my cov by your description. I'm at the tier where I can't do anything too advanced like the various parry and some bs techniques, but I have a decent amount of experience and beat 95% of the gankers if I get a 1v1. Sounds like the gankers get a lot of easy souls.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:05 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:I tend to invade together with that 30% a lot, just WoG spam and HR fishing, not doing either that effectively.

I haven't really fought together with any fantastic players, but it saddens me to think I'm probably better than 90% of my cov by your description. I'm at the tier where I can't do anything too advanced like the various parry and some bs techniques, but I have a decent amount of experience and beat 95% of the gankers if I get a 1v1. Sounds like the gankers get a lot of easy souls.
    Yes they do.
    Even 1 V 1 fighters get a LOT of souls... most of our compatriots are SO easy to kill that duelers often loose their first fight with me purely because they are conditioned to idiocy, and momentarily don't have the reflexes to deal with someone who's head isn't up their ***.
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:44 am

Wow thats pretty sick surviving 92 vaders!
    It sucks to be interrupted in a good duel so much.

But as you say most hunters suck really bad. Ive done some gravelording in the forest a while back and noticed that most hunters who invaded me where fatrolling with some drakesword or another crappy weapon so those guys are easy prey. I got to like a 35-40killspree till they decided to gang up on me and 3v1 me. The bastards! The next session i did i got a hunter friend of mine and summoned him through rss to be my bodygaurd and that worked pretty well. We didnt gank or anything he was only there to protect my back.

I usualy do forest hunting myself but it wasd fun to see it from the different side, I was expecting the hunters to keep the same ''rules'' i do when hunting but i noticed alot of them just act the same as ganksquads who patrol the area also. That makes me sad...
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:00 am

A fat roller doesn't necessarily suck. I respect fat rollers.

Also if 90% of the hunters suck then the 5% that are average are actually amazing.

The average people would be on the high end of the "complete noob" spectrum.
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:11 am

^true not all fatrollers suck, but most of them make it alot more easy for me to hit them with a css and oneshot them happy.

And most of the time that i invade as a hunter and i get in a 2v2 my buddy gets killed in 30seconds and i need to finish the gankers alone. But the few times i invaded and one of my known hunter buds were there we just stomped those gankers so hard it wasnt even fun anymore.

I also think that alot of new players join the hunters since its like the first pvp covenant you find in the game.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:28 am

Bamjam wrote:Wow thats pretty sick surviving 92 vaders!
    It sucks to be interrupted in a good duel so much.

But as you say most hunters suck really bad. Ive done some gravelording in the forest a while back and noticed that most hunters who invaded me where fatrolling with some drakesword or another crappy weapon so those guys are easy prey. I got to like a 35-40killspree till they decided to gang up on me and 3v1 me. The bastards! The next session i did i got a hunter friend of mine and summoned him through rss to be my bodygaurd and that worked pretty well. We didnt gank or anything he was only there to protect my back.

I usualy do forest hunting myself but it wasd fun to see it from the different side, I was expecting the hunters to keep the same ''rules'' i do when hunting but i noticed alot of them just act the same as ganksquads who patrol the area also. That makes me sad...
    What SL are you playing at? 90% of my invades there have at least 1 phantom and are good at ganking. I rarely see fat rolling, and they are very good at BSing.
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:57 am

^I encountered the fatrollers when hosting in the forest at around sl80 till sl120. Most of them where using a drake sword or some blackknight weapon and i guess they where new players.

But when i invade i almost only get the pinwheel mask/giants combo's with 1 or more phantoms for backup.
    My Hunter is around sl200 now and i mostly get high level guys with a DSS lately.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:02 pm

I'm hunting at around 230 now and the gankers have gotten so good it's almost crazy. Most of them have Giants, mask, MLGS, and over 2k HP. Not to mention the hornet ring, always fishing of course.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:18 pm

Also...
    How the *** do you do 1800 HP in a single backstab?
    My Demons Greataxe Build has 712 AR, Two hands, and uses the hornet ring, and I don't hit that hard.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:31 pm

Crit modifiers or a buff I would assume for the BS damage. dont rapiers outdo heavy weapons on the BS?
    oh yeah and how did he use 21 flasks?

As for the quality of forest hunters.... yeah Its bad. I have pulled off nothing like your host there. but hosting alone I got a 16 winstreak with all of the attempted 2v1's Its kinda depressing because it fuels the farmers.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:53 pm

The guy was using the Large Club, + a hornet ring. It seemed like an impossible rate of damage for him to hit with a single blow.

You gain additional flasks when nearby phantoms kindle a bonfire, so during our two hour brawl, he got an additional flask.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:42 pm

Are you guys giving props to a player who was using a large club+hornets AND devine blessings? I take it he pretty much just counter backstabed the hunters as they attempted to backstab him. Also, cmon just admit 93 was an exaggeration lol

I kinda wish that i had a 360 and a copy of dark souls so i could see the differences in pvp. I know its not a major difference, and im not trying to start some stupid argument. It's just that psn has a lot of the players that came from demons souls(including the foreign players). Does anyone have both, and can you really tell a difference? I fought someone with the psn peeveperverson on psn, he fought just like the you tuber. Said he was on his brothers ps3. Good fighter, thats why i believe it was him. My point, i watch his videos and the players on 360 dont seem as threatening as the players on psn i run into, especially in the forest. I think its because most of the people buying the game at this point, are probably on 360. So you guys still got some noobs comming in, while i think most people who own ps3 that are interested in dark souls probably bought it already. I dont know, i was about to just delete this post, i mean no disrespect to anyone. I think the best players on 360 are most likely just as good as the ones on ps3, i just mean the overall skill level of the average player.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:50 pm

Take Pep for example - I don't doubt he would get a 93 winstreak in the forest legitimately... But he is ridiculously good. From what I have seen the PS3 crowd tends to have the more dedicated players - due to the fact they migrated from DeS but it is also why we have more of a tolerance for heals... Cough cough darkmoon grass, but take D_Invader for example, he is a good player - people can complain about him all they want but he counters many peoples tactics. The Xbox crowd seem less versatile from what I have seen, no offence but peeve tends to rely on the parries too much, just my two cents. Rynn I am not saying you're bad - I am just saying the PS3 players are stereo-typically better due to the fact that they have had the experience from being DeS veterans.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:10 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Are you guys giving props to a player who was using a large club+hornets AND devine blessings? I take it he pretty much just counter backstabed the hunters as they attempted to backstab him. Also, cmon just admit 93 was an exaggeration lol
    Actually, I'm complaining about the hunter that -killed- him, not his tactics XD... The person I was sparring with was using a painted guardian sword and an offhand demon spear.

He never used blessings mid battle, it was just at the and of the fight... and 93 isn't an exaggeration, we started counting them.

No offense taken Amos, havn't I on several occasions stated I think I probably suck, and that I get my *** handed to me on PS3?
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:17 pm

Ahh ok rynn, i missread i thought you were describing the host. As for the forest hunters, i used to host solo but pretty much every forest hunter would join in and gang up on me. Unless you welcome that, might as well just join forest cove and fight red phantoms if you like that area. I do admit that area is one of the cooler pvp areas, but the basin is just as good imo and has a lot less douche bags.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:12 pm

Careful, Amos, about posting PSN and XBL usernames in a negative light.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:27 am

Its hard when they have the same PSN or GT as their youtube name lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 9:03 pm