Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
techno_viking
Joichiro
Gaxe
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
StockpileThomas
omega Elf
lextune
Federally
Fotitudo
FruitPunchNinja
Azran
Phoenix Rising
isthefridge
Tolvo
RANT
WyrmHero
20 posters

SL 120 will die

Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

SL 120 will die - Page 2 Empty Re: SL 120 will die

Post by Gaxe Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:13 pm

Federally wrote:It's an idea that sounds nice but would really *** things up if put in. It would ruin everything lol. Since BS is the fulcrum of PvP at the moment everyone would constantly two hand their weapon, meaning blocking sucks, parrying is no more, and you don't have to worry about giving up your back. Best build immediately becomes full havels with GCS on the back and a big weapon with a sweeping attack with a lot of range. PvP would be ruined

Not sure about you but if someone comes at me with one of those weapons i'd beat the hell out of them with a rapier. I don't need backstabs to win fights, I win fights with skill and the occasional WotG ;D
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:17 pm

But if I was to fix the DWGR problem here's how i'd do it.

Light Armors (Robes/Armors like the Dark armor): Flipping roll

Medium Armors (Armors like the Elite Knight set): Fast roll

Heavy Armors (Armors like Havels): Medium roll
    Joichiro
    Joichiro
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Joichiro Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:59 pm

i hope from patch that ring, i dont see the point in wearing full havs and flip like a ninja...
    techno_viking
    techno_viking

Post by techno_viking Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:01 pm

I would just take it off and still kick arse
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:12 pm

I mentioned this before, but having the "arena" thats part of the dlc having options would really solve a lot of peoples issues. It would also allow new players to practice and get better, without dealing with trolls or the hassle of summoning a buddy to fight. Imagine if they had the option to search for fights with opponents that are not wearing dwgr,hornets,ext. Also maybe have an option to turn critical hit boxes off, or have crit dmg be split in half. Having those options would allow a lot of people who might have just given up on pvp, to enjoy it.

I know someones going to say"that would ruin the atmosphere" or "you would have to wait forever or fights". It would only be in the "arena" that you had the options, and it wouldnt kill the atmosphere imo. Not anymore then the dwgr does, lol. Just have it work like the orange soap stone, have an item you get that allows you to enter the "arena" and also gives you a list of options when used inside the arena. It would be a great move on froms part, imo.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:19 pm

Federally wrote:It's an idea that sounds nice but would really *** things up if put in. It would ruin everything lol. Since BS is the fulcrum of PvP at the moment everyone would constantly two hand their weapon, meaning blocking sucks, parrying is no more, and you don't have to worry about giving up your back. Best build immediately becomes full havels with GCS on the back and a big weapon with a sweeping attack with a lot of range. PvP would be ruined

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but this post is total nonsense. And even if it wasn't, how would PVP be "ruined"?

Plenty of people, (the majority) already play with what they consider the "best build" (IE mask wearing flipping tanks).

So isn't it already "ruined" by that logic?

Having a way to negate the backstab mechanic would introduce a massive influx of new builds in my opinion. And plenty of people would still parry, (just the way they do against back stabbers now).
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:08 pm

I've heard people suggest the shield thing a lot, i agree with federally that it wouldn't work well. Ganker's especially would benefit from it, imagine if they could just 2h a greatsword and be invincible to backstabs. Have you ever fought three guys with giants/derpmask/dwgr with greatswords? Try winning that fight without being able to backstab.....You might be able to, but it would be insanely difficult.

I think maybe if the shields defenses played a roll it might work, but it would have to be something like if the shield blocks 100% physical it would equal 50% on your back. It would make having a shield on your back help a lot in lowering the backstab dmg, but not make it insanely powerful. I do think that might work. It would be kinda cool cause str builds would have more of a reason to actually carry a greatshield, cause who really uses a greatshield besides turtles. It would make having one more viable for str builds that use weapons like ultra greatswords ext, plus those weapons are prone to be roll punished so it would really be smart to 2hand with a greatshield on your back. It's interesting, but i highly doubt that would be implemented at this point in the games life. It may seem simple, but just throwing something like that in could lead to game breaking glitches.
    Joichiro
    Joichiro
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Joichiro Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:42 pm

the shield thing sounds complicated also dont like it, reducing the bs hitbox it s more viable imo.

about the dwgr, that thing really messed up thins in dks, that ring make pointless using light armor
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:46 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Have you ever fought three guys with giants/derpmask/dwgr with greatswords? Try winning that fight without being able to backstab.....You might be able to, but it would be insanely difficult.

*Coughs*
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:59 pm

Hey Wyrm... how'd everything turn out for your prediction, hmm?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:09 pm

Nooooo!!!!! :x
    LOL, it's sad really, I love this SL. I still get duels at 120 in the Burg though.
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:37 pm

Adding on to the anti backstab part of this thread,
    what about a ring that negated criticals? If you notice the person you're fighting is fishing for a bs, equip the ring and go to town. It'd also be pretty balanced considering you'd have to give up a ring slot for it.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:37 pm

Please note that I necro'd this thread to irritate/amuse Wyrm. silly
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:13 pm

lextune wrote:

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but this post is total nonsense. And even if it wasn't, how would PVP be "ruined"?

Plenty of people, (the majority) already play with what they consider the "best build" (IE mask wearing flipping tanks).

So isn't it already "ruined" by that logic?

Having a way to negate the backstab mechanic would introduce a massive influx of new builds in my opinion. And plenty of people would still parry, (just the way they do against back stabbers now).

Mages would have a reason to two hand catalysts. happy
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:45 pm

WyrmHero wrote: Would you actually PvP with medium roll???
    If you watched any of my youtube videos, you would know that i only med roll, and i have no problems keeping up with fast roll players. and you have alot more freedom for armour and weapon choices instead of always trying to limit yourself so you can have >25% burden. My advise, try med rolling and stick with it for awhile and get used to being able to have 60+poise with a heavy weapon with high defenses whist still having decent mobility. Without needing havels or wolfs ring. Just gotta get used to the mid rolliness.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:11 pm

Guys guys, this thread is old lol. Tking, one of my builds is a medium roll tank, and he's awesome. Medium roll is totally viable if you know what are you doing.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:41 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Guys guys, this thread is old lol. Tking, one of my builds is a medium roll tank, and he's awesome. Medium roll is totally viable if you know what are you doing.
    Thread was opened in July? sweet jesus. lol nvm.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:38 am

I said that I necro'd it to irritate/amuse Wyrm. Read the posts, damn it. silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:42 am