Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Should I buy Dawn of war 1 or 2 from steam?

LordZaibek
    LordZaibek

Should I buy Dawn of war 1 or 2 from steam? Empty Should I buy Dawn of war 1 or 2 from steam?

Post by LordZaibek Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:08 pm

Since the Dawn of war series is one sale for the weekend. I want to know which I should buy. The large army and base building first, or the squad based rpg-ish sequel? Please state valid reasons below.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Should I buy Dawn of war 1 or 2 from steam? Empty Re: Should I buy Dawn of war 1 or 2 from steam?

Post by Whknight Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:15 pm

Oooh haven't touched DoW in ages. Honestly I'd say it depends on your preference. The first series I really really enjoyed, up until they put stupid useless aircraft into it, but other than that it's pretty well fleshed out and you can play them stand alone or buy them all and collect the races for I think only multiplayer. Between the two I suggest the DoW1 series first just cause I'm more familer with it and perfer the playstyle.

Now I have only owned the first one for DoW2 so I can't say much about the add ons, and playing on an older machine it got a little sluggish. The gameplay wasn't to bad but I'm a turtler, not being able to field a vast army and bases cringed it for me.

Hope my input is helpful and have fun with the series!
    LordZaibek
    LordZaibek

Should I buy Dawn of war 1 or 2 from steam? Empty Re: Should I buy Dawn of war 1 or 2 from steam?

Post by LordZaibek Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:48 pm

Thanks. I've been looking around other forums and people generally seem to prefer DoW1 over DoW2 (like a 65/35 split). I'm probably going to get DoW1 because I already have Company of Heroes and I just generally suck at it, so squad combat doesn't seem to be my thing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:23 am