Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Heroez Blade
FruitPunchNinja
RANT
sonofartorias
8 posters

whats up with all the great club use

sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

whats up with all the great club use  Empty whats up with all the great club use

Post by sonofartorias Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:10 pm

i have just started pvping again and i gotta ask whats with all the great club use i mean it used to be that 40% of the people used it now everyone is along with parrying daggers
    and they all come charging at me like i'm a chump because i'm using the greatlord greatsword and yet almost every time i win and i'm now 13-0
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

whats up with all the great club use  Empty Re: whats up with all the great club use

Post by RANT Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:31 pm

al the poeple ive seen use the clubs or any str weapon suck, all they do is bs with hr. sad but true.
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

whats up with all the great club use  Empty Re: whats up with all the great club use

Post by sonofartorias Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:35 pm

what's the point of using it though the attacks are so slow
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:47 pm

I personally dont like the great club, but the large club is really powerful also. The rolling r1s for both of them have somewhat of an aoe and are easy to get massive dead angle dmg. The great clubs 1hand rolling r1 has INSANE range, it kinda pisses me off sometimes. Also the large club 1hand r2 is pretty boss. They are good weapons...
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:49 pm

sonofartorias wrote:what's the point of using it though the attacks are so slow

the reason people dont like suing them is because they have a very steep learning curve and are easy to parry, most people are just lazy and go with whatever is easier. if you know how to use them you can two or three shot most people with them with no need of a buff. i use the DGM and greataxe which are hard to use specially in the burg since every time you attack poeple do nothing but try to roll bs you but if i get one riposte most people usually die from it.
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:09 pm

People usually use big weapons like that to try and stun lock people. The weapons, however, are very slow to attack therefor very predictable and it is easy to dodge them or parry if your good at that. I tried using big weapons for a while when i started pvp, but they did not get me very far.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:15 am

GCs can be really powerful. Especially if you play unlocked. The main move that is used is the 2H roll R1, which is not parryable and can be angled during the attack toward your strafing opponent (need to unlock). In the right hands, it is deadly.

In the wrong hands, however, it is easy to parry and to BS.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:07 am

RantFromRant wrote:al the poeple ive seen use the clubs or any str weapon suck, all they do is bs with hr. sad but true.

Or spam the ground pound. You're lucky it can't be parried, buttholes.
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:13 am

Lol why do people parry "big" weapons? I parry the small ones i never parry the huge ones. I can but there is no need to and if i do i feel like I'm cheating. I just let them attack, watch it miss, then smack them a few times. Honestly i find parrying very boring. I learned how to do it now but I find it to strong against big weapons which makes the game extremely dull for me when fighting big weapons.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:16 am

reim0027 wrote:GCs can be really powerful. Especially if you play unlocked. The main move that is used is the 2H roll R1, which is not parryable and can be angled during the attack toward your strafing opponent (need to unlock). In the right hands, it is deadly.

In the wrong hands, however, it is easy to parry and to BS.

^^ This pretty sums up what I was going to say...I often grab the large club tho cuz of the better moveset with the 1H R2...and the AR isn't that much lower!

However if I am going against 3 good forest gankers I won't shy away from buffing a GC and tossing on the hornets silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:05 pm