Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Forum Pirate
DxV04
PlasticandRage
Shakie666
Scudman_Slayer
Jenova_X
strangejoy
aceluby
Tolvo
venomblader
bloodpixel
skarekrow13
Carphil
Serious_Much
Nitos-Apprentice
lucanious
20 posters

patch 1.06 idea list

lucanious
    lucanious
    Regular
    Regular

patch 1.06 idea list Empty patch 1.06 idea list

Post by lucanious Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:40 am

i personally only have a few things that i think need to be fixed.

in order from the most important IMO

1) backstabs......this chain backstabbing is ridiculous, not to mention the move where people walk towards you until you both have to re adjust and they insta backstab you. or the teleport 10 feet and backstab you.

2)useless covenants. give incentives to be in covenents like the way of the white and the princess guard. i only ever enter the way of the white so i can get shrug.

3) make the game a bit harder. it is ridiculously easy compared to what it should be. loyal demon souls fans should be appalled.

3) incentives for being human. real incentives, not extra souls or anything like that but maybe a health boost or a penalty to stamina regen if your hollow.

4)boss weapons have no purpose. there are almost no weapons born from a boss's soul that are worth using over something else.

5) should be able to enchant all weapons (excluding weapons with 2 forms of damage like fire or lightning)

6) nerf wrath of gods either with the casting time or the damage it does or the knockback it causes. its too easy to spam it for kills.

7)more black phantom invasions (non player character)

8) make it more difficult for people to run from a fight. its so annoying to see your opponent run away trying to get you to get killed by the environment or just run because they dont want to die or something and you cant catch them for like 20 min.....

9) the 4 kings fight.........waaaay too hard. stupid hard.

anything else just add in the coments.
    Nitos-Apprentice
    Nitos-Apprentice
    Casual
    Casual

patch 1.06 idea list Empty Re: patch 1.06 idea list

Post by Nitos-Apprentice Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:16 am

9) the 4 kings fight.........waaaay too hard. stupid hard.

3) make the game a bit harder. it is ridiculously easy compared to what it should be. loyal demon souls fans should be appalled.

Stupid OP.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:17 am

1)If you think chain backstabbing is ridiculous, on Demons you could attack people while they were getting up, and because there is no poise it would mean insta-stunlock and death.

3)I played dark souls first and now im playing demons, and I'm finding that ridiculously easy. mobs, bosses everything and iv beaten 9/10 of them now.. Honestly I think they're similar in terms of difficulty, maybe even Dark is a little harder i found those bosses to be better, while mobs are easier because of poise.

9)Four Kings? Really? Have you heard of full heavy armour? or even dodging? soloing them is by no means very difficult.

I could say more but these are what I most object to.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:52 am

5) Oh really? The last thing I want is a guy buffing with sunlight blade a Lightning Demon's machette. You have no idea what you're talking about..
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:55 am

Carphil wrote:5) Oh really? The last thing I want is a guy buffing with sunlight blade a Lightning Demon's machette. You have no idea what you're talking about..

Car he said if they've got only one type of damage should be cool silly

I think that maybe more weapons should be buffable like some boss weapons that are a bit useless (smoughs hammer, Iron golem axe)

but would you want someone running round with a Darkmoon blade buffed BKGA? really? it's idiocy. You have to relate ability to buff with overall power without buff. That's why black knight weapons can't be buffed.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:45 pm

Useless boss weapons? Some but not all if you know how to use them. Try a +5 lifehunt with a dex/str build.Instant gratification on bosses susceptible to bleed. Chip...chip...chip...HOLD ON NOW!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:47 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Useless boss weapons? Some but not all if you know how to use them. Try a +5 lifehunt with a dex/str build.Instant gratification on bosses susceptible to bleed. Chip...chip...chip...HOLD ON NOW!

lol yeah i know thats why i specified example of useless boss weapons and that only some aren't useful silly

There are some that are good but others which are disappointing like those i mentions should be buffable while awesome ones like the scythe should not big grin
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:52 pm

My mistake. I interpreted that none were useful. I can see that point. Some are pretty lame for sure
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:53 pm

Why wouldn't they run? Maybe they don't want to fight and possibly lose their souls and humanity?
    lucanious
    lucanious
    Regular
    Regular

Post by lucanious Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:11 am

i played demon souls first and started on a PBWT event so maybe thats why i thought this was easier idk. and i didnt have as much chain backstabbing problems in it. regardless its still a problem in this game.

i dont mean every boss weapon is bad just most. almost all of them suck.

i already stated any weapon with 2 forms of damage (physical, lightning, fire, magic, whatever) should not be able to be enchanted. and i think your right with other weapons like the BKGA not being able to get enchanted as they are so powerful.

and why would they invade if they are just going to run? im not talking about getting invaded and running. im talking about the invader trying to run from me.

all i wear is heavy armor but soloing the four kings is all about speed damage. no strategy at all. i just feel that its a bit less true to the style of the game. perhaps they should make the kings stronger with longer spawns or something.
    venomblader
    Casual
    Casual

Post by venomblader Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:41 am

Running is part of strategy.
    About 4 kings, stronger and longer respawn would give the same result as it is now, unless I don't understand what you mean. I agree you need firepower for them but it's not stupid since you have to dodge even more than other bosses.

My fix in 1.06 would be "make darkmoon blade to be able to invade only players that killed/attacked some npcs or broke their covenants". So I don't get situation like yesterday, when I create new character, barely got to udnead burg on lvl 5 and got spirit of vengeance on my face. That's retarded, vengeance for what? o.O
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:52 am

I'm glad one can run away. I can't tell you how many times I have to run away from Two Sunbros and a host in Havel's with a Mask of the Father farming in Darkroot. Run away, Crystal Home, invade another hoping they aren't assholes. Why without running away, I would just be constantly feeding all the farmers.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:44 pm

There are only a few weapons besides regular weapons that only have one type of damage. Lightning, fire, magic, enchanted, divine, and occult all have 2 types of damage... so they've already implemented what you want...
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:45 pm

venomblader wrote:Running is part of strategy.
    About 4 kings, stronger and longer respawn would give the same result as it is now, unless I don't understand what you mean. I agree you need firepower for them but it's not stupid since you have to dodge even more than other bosses.

My fix in 1.06 would be "make darkmoon blade to be able to invade only players that killed/attacked some npcs or broke their covenants". So I don't get situation like yesterday, when I create new character, barely got to udnead burg on lvl 5 and got spirit of vengeance on my face. That's retarded, vengeance for what? o.O

That's not supposed to happen, which makes me think the DM invasions might be broken.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:07 pm

aceluby wrote:
    venomblader wrote:Running is part of strategy.

That's not supposed to happen, which makes me think the DM invasions might be broken.

Or that venomblader BB-glitched, which would give him sin. I've never been invaded with a new toon that didn't have indictments/sin.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:11 pm

OP, #2 and your second #3 are the only ones that make sense to me. But fixing these wouldn't really count as a "patch." It would be a pretty big undertaking more akin to DLC.
    Jenova_X
    Jenova_X
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Jenova_X Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:43 pm

I dissagree with the op that there is no skill to defeating 4k. I watched youtube vids of naked sl 1 toons destroying 4k without getting hit one time. I would say that takes some skill my friend, lol!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:46 pm

Yeah, 4k isn't too difficult really. It's a tough fight yeah, but I don't it deserves a nerf or anything. As a tank, and as a dodge character I've both enjoyed the fight. Though even while I dodge I still do it in armor since I'm a chicken. :oops:
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:50 pm

"4)boss weapons have no purpose. there are almost no weapons born from a boss's soul that are worth using over something else"

yeah... *goes through the entire game again to get gwyns soul again because he already used it to get sunlight spear,just so he could make the Lord's greatsword*

*makes it*
    *is all like Joy Joy Joy Joy Joy Joy * when gonna test it out*

*sees that its stats sucks balls*
    sad
    *sees that gravelord sword does more damage*
    Shrug

*sees that it sucks compared to my lifehunt scythe*

Look Skyward

*sees that its garbage compared to any other fully upgraded weapon out there*

Well What is it

*sees that he wasted more than 10 demon titanite maxing it out*
    Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration
    *enters depression*

*true story*

seriously though boss soul weapons aren't like they used to be on demon's souls

on demon souls they were actually...worth making

Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:02 pm

Regarding the four kings, I'd say leave them alone mostly, but increase the spawn times on ng+ and beyond. Its not the fact that they do more damage, its the fact that, with their health boost, its almost impossible to kill them fast enough to not get gang-banged (apart from power within/weapon buff /red tearstone ring ridiculousness).
    lucanious
    lucanious
    Regular
    Regular

Post by lucanious Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:09 pm

wrath of gods needs mega nerf. i just thought of that again. its so retarded how im in the middle of a good fight with a guy and boom WOTG again on my ***, get up, on my ***, get up roll heal on my ***, rinse repeat die
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:20 pm

lucanious wrote:wrath of gods needs mega nerf. i just thought of that again. its so retarded how im in the middle of a good fight with a guy and boom WOTG again on my ***, get up, on my ***, get up roll heal on my ***, rinse repeat die

I must admit, the above scenario is pretty annoying, but i don't know why everyone has such a profound hatred for WOTG. I mean, its not very hard to block, and it doesn't drain that much stamina. Admittedly, quite a few shields don't have great magic resistance, but it saves you from being knocked down so much. Unless of course you dual wield...
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:58 pm

Shakie666 wrote:
    lucanious wrote:wrath of gods needs mega nerf. i just thought of that again. its so retarded how im in the middle of a good fight with a guy and boom WOTG again on my ***, get up, on my ***, get up roll heal on my ***, rinse repeat die

I must admit, the above scenario is pretty annoying, but i don't know why everyone has such a profound hatred for WOTG. I mean, its not very hard to block, and it doesn't drain that much stamina. Admittedly, quite a few shields don't have great magic resistance, but it saves you from being knocked down so much. Unless of course you dual wield...

and unless of course the guy who is using the thing has a stacked ammount of 5 WoGS meaning no shield will be bloocking 15 quick sucession WoGS thus making you stagger and well you can guess what happens next
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:05 pm

Scudman_Slayer wrote:
    Shakie666 wrote:

and unless of course the guy who is using the thing has a stacked ammount of 5 WoGS meaning no shield will be bloocking 15 quick sucession WoGS thus making you stagger and well you can guess what happens next

I'm sorry, but the above scenario is beyond ridiculous, i mean it can be cast fast, but not THAT fast, blocking, then moving away between cast isn't hard, if it is, then its because your shield sucks. Failing that, poke him with a spear from behind your shield.

I've also never seen anyone with 15 casts of WOTG, not least because it would fill most people's attunement slots completely.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:09 pm

you haven't seen but i sure as hell did and with the lag you can' move pretty much

thats my case anyway

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:31 am