Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
ublug
User
6 posters

Confirmation before Change - Big Hat Logan

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Confirmation before Change - Big Hat Logan Empty Confirmation before Change - Big Hat Logan

Post by User Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:14 am

The forum says that he goes hollow when confronted in the room you first confront Seath. This may say otherwise:

Confirmation before Change - Big Hat Logan Img_0812

Strange how long it has been since I lookjed up characters and such information i the actual Wiki. Aw well.

I also would like to add that the weapon he uses is a thicker curved sword, being more connected to a Falchion than a Scimitar
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Confirmation before Change - Big Hat Logan Empty Re: Confirmation before Change - Big Hat Logan

Post by ublug Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:22 am

I asked about this once, and was told that he can appear both as a human and hollow. In my first NG+ run he was human (and insane), but I could swear that he was hollow in my NG playthrough. I remember saying to myself "Oh, a twig with a twig" or something when I first met him in the tower. I think he's been human in later encounters, but I often skip him since I seldom use his gear. This could also be something that was adressed in a patch. Not sure what weapon he uses after he goes insane, but I'm pretty sure he has the scimitar if you fight him before he goes to the tower.

Just change it to what you find, him appearing as a hollw should be the anomaly (if it happens as all).
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Confirmation before Change - Big Hat Logan Empty Re: Confirmation before Change - Big Hat Logan

Post by User Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:47 am

I looked at YouTube videos about him, as well as encountered Logan 6 times there. I thought he was hollow due to his size, and having a white flesh similar to how my Carin characters have white hollow flesh at times. However many of my encounters with him are human, naked but human.

I have yet to see him hollow. Maybe it was a patch, or just a misconception in the first place
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:58 am

He is always human for me, though I believe I saw him with a Scimitar not a falchion.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:02 pm

I'll need to check again, but the blade was thicker than a scimitar, and looked more like a Falchoin. I can check again later after the weekend.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:04 pm

Yeah it was a bit different, but I believe still a scimitar. The NPC's sometimes have special weapons, similar to the giant Falchion that the Gian Skeletons wield.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:17 pm

Haven't seen an actual NPC have a unique weapon that you could not pick up, just the NPCs that don't use the Chosen Undead model like Skeletal Giants, the blob spearman in Painted World, and other 'monster' models.

I don't think they would make a unique weapon for a Chosen Undead model NPC like Logan and such that you could not pick up. Still, I'll check again to confirm the weapon
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:18 pm

I'm doing another playthrough to set up a character as well, so I could check what weapon he has as well.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:46 pm

This was said in a developer interview - they stated that he wasn't hollow, only that he had gone insane with knowledge and had hoped to make himself much like the dragons because he wanted to have the power of eternal life. Hence the WDB spell on him - they only kept the hat on him for fear that the people wouldn't recognize him and in a lore aspect this could actually be why he didn't become a dragon - he didn't shed all his clothes. Note how when we transcend via the torso stone to be a dragon we must be naked. He wanted to become as close to seath as possible. It appears his research must have driven him to the brink of insanity.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:55 pm

Yes I remember that from a few months ago from EpicNaneBro's book talk. However the forum still sees him as hollow
    stereo.pete

Post by stereo.pete Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:11 pm

What is weird is that after freeing him from his cell in the archives and then beating Seathe he did not appear in the first room. I went back to the original room where you fight and die from Seathe and Big Hat was nowhere to be found.
    HomicidalCanine
    HomicidalCanine

Post by HomicidalCanine Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:22 am

stereo.pete wrote:What is weird is that after freeing him from his cell in the archives and then beating Seathe he did not appear in the first room. I went back to the original room where you fight and die from Seathe and Big Hat was nowhere to be found.

Don't you have to buy all of his spells for him to go insane? That could be why he wasn't in the other room.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:45 am