Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

DMB/Samurai

Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

DMB/Samurai Empty DMB/Samurai

Post by Tristan Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:05 am

I was wanting to create a DMB samurai, but I don't ever use katanas. Any advice on creating a build like this?...

-> http://tinyurl.com/9tfstob

...obviously I will raise his stats more, but is his weapon set good enough? What gear coupled with big Hat would complete this dark Samurai?

http://tinyurl.com/8lkkokw

this is where i went with it
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

DMB/Samurai Empty Re: DMB/Samurai

Post by Rifter7 Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:36 am

get faith to 50. having dmb at rank 3 gives you 2.1 magic adjustment for the buff, it's worth it. (sorry was looking at the first link)

power within = forever roll and i win. put a stack of wotg on there.
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:41 am

Rifter7 wrote:get faith to 50. having dmb at rank 3 gives you 2.1 magic adjustment for the buff, it's worth it. (sorry was looking at the first link)

power within = forever roll and i win. put a stack of wotg on there.

what if i do this?

http://tinyurl.com/934qy6w
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:44 am

consider this http://tinyurl.com/8vxmnfe

i swapped your bow out to composite. it fires faster and for more.
    i gave you gcf and gc because man... once that buffs out you're going to need another plan.
    and i upgraded your pyro glove and some more humanity since your defense is horrific. your guy looks cool tho.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:48 am

also. it wont hurt to have a set of armor like this http://tinyurl.com/9vmrzbr
    for when you're getting owned by a lack of poise and short roll iframes.

i use a build exactly like this one. i spent a day in the burg solely roll r1'ing and r1'ing people with the buff and my rank 3 dmb covenant. it hits for 500-600 a pop vs like giant users in the burg, and backstabs murder people.

idk tho man.. twop + power within.. you've got a buff slowly killing you and a buff and aoe begging you to play extremley offensivley, not to mention a ring that will reward you for being almost dead.

i can sense that you'll rush in head first and that guy isn't tankish AT ALL. he has no means to stave off the life loss either, consider making a build supporting power within with some kind of regeneration, or don't bother. all it takes is them spamming r1s, throwing a gcf+gc at their feet, spamming wotg, or having a shield and rapier/spear. and since you're twoping any sense of good manners in that duel has long since flown out the window - so you'd be expecting the worst.

it's to risky for a reward thats basically overkill to that build imo.. you could rock it if you'd like tho.
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:44 pm

if its a samurai then it should be more like this http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3571455563017643
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:08 pm

omega Elf wrote:if its a samurai then it should be more like this: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3571455563017643

Umm... No. Samurais were not ninjas. As far as i know, samurais were japanese soldiers and part of the military. They used heavy armor and were probably not doing cartwheels in it.

If you try to look like a samurai, i'd suggest you to mix the eastern set with channeler's waistcloth. Take a look at this for some ideas:

http://chapter18.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/samurai1.jpg
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:14 pm

My question is for rifter. Do you think that anyone is going to stand very long at this sl when my AR is over 1k? The baseline strategy for my build is actually not to berserk upon spawning in. The idea is to overwhelm the opposition very quickly tho.

This next statement can apply to everyone who has responded. I was going for a classic anime samurai with the idea that when i invade its at the climax of the episode where the main character shows off the ultimate technique sort of. think ruroni kenshin. the butosi reverse blade technique
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:35 pm

226 x 2.1 = 475 buff +190 =665
    uchi = 422 +169 =591 +211 or 296 im not sure if redtearstone stacks. =887
    power within 40%
    red tearstone ring 50% attack boost

the math should be okay there.. lemme know if i effed up.
    yeah that guy will hit like a truck. but he's very squishy and is promoting players to play against any kind of normal rule set...

why don't you replace the uchigatana with a rapier and put on a hornet ring instead. swap out the flame for a composite bow after buffing.. put a decent shield in there, silver knight is a good choice. and then... invade darkmoon garden.

or.. i think sanctus will still regenerate your health when you're power within'd. swap out your gear and sacrifice a bit of dps and then get a moms mask on your head. get something with more defense and consider swapping to int buff instead as its less skill point intensive, just pop it up to 44 and use a tin crystalization catalyst. you'll lose a sizeable chunk of damage, but you'll have more survivability and a reduced power within timer.

or if you just want to stop beating around the bush you could just go dragon body with a bow in your offhand and 1 hit kids. ultimate squishy/high damage right there lol.
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Rifter7 wrote:226 x 2.1 = 475 buff +190 =665
    uchi = 422 +169 =591 +211 or 296 im not sure if redtearstone stacks. =887
    power within 40%
    red tearstone ring 50% attack boost

the math should be okay there.. lemme know if i effed up.
    yeah that guy will hit like a truck. but he's very squishy and is promoting players to play against any kind of normal rule set...

why don't you replace the uchigatana with a rapier and put on a hornet ring instead. swap out the flame for a composite bow after buffing.. put a decent shield in there, silver knight is a good choice. and then... invade darkmoon garden.

or.. i think sanctus will still regenerate your health when you're power within'd. swap out your gear and sacrifice a bit of dps and then get a moms mask on your head. get something with more defense and consider swapping to int buff instead as its less skill point intensive, just pop it up to 44 and use a tin crystalization catalyst. you'll lose a sizeable chunk of damage, but you'll have more survivability and a reduced power within timer.

or if you just want to stop beating around the bush you could just go dragon body with a bow in your offhand and 1 hit kids. ultimate squishy/high damage right there lol.

Because I am not optimizing a pvp troll build. I am maximizing a RP pvp build to HAVE FUN with. Actually by using my build I have outlined I am promoting standard rules. However I expect that anyone who plays should have some sense of discipline and set of ethics. I can just as easily take TWoP out if need be, but you are the one that suggested I should find a way to keep people from rolling away from me. Which is exactly what TWoP does.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:19 pm

im just throwing ideas at ya. i have troubles sticking with 1 build, thats why i have about 18 between xbox and ps3 that i roll out whenever they don't see use.

if you found the build you wanted, excellent. if not, ill keep chucking them at ya.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:47 am