Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Spurgun
FruitPunchNinja
schultz
lordgodofhell
omega Elf
Gaxe
Kirk-Barb
Heroez Blade
Phoenix Rising
13 posters

So I was invading in the Burg and...oh no, no no no NOOOOOO!!!

Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

So I was invading in the Burg and...oh no, no no no NOOOOOO!!! Empty So I was invading in the Burg and...oh no, no no no NOOOOOO!!!

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:05 pm

Gankers have now almost overrun my favorite place to PVP. Dragonhead glitchers and spawn ganks. Half of my invades were this way, seriously! I want to scream...how can people possibly think doing that is fun??? GRRRRRR!!!

/rant
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

So I was invading in the Burg and...oh no, no no no NOOOOOO!!! Empty Re: So I was invading in the Burg and...oh no, no no no NOOOOOO!!!

Post by Heroez Blade Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:42 pm

This is exactly why i wait for people to invade me. I am not good at pvp so i do not try to invade and chance facing multiple people. If you like invading than just try new areas or keep trying the burg. Not every invasion is going to include gankers, but i do agree that more areas are being taken over. Hopefully something is done to stop it.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

So I was invading in the Burg and...oh no, no no no NOOOOOO!!! Empty Re: So I was invading in the Burg and...oh no, no no no NOOOOOO!!!

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:47 pm

Yeah I do try to host most of the time but I made an Int build lately and it gets annoying to bonfire after every invasion, so i killed the taurus demon and use the redeye orb or RSS. Oh well, maybe ill have to bring in an OP build and gank hunt in the burg. winking
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:57 pm

If you keep having problems with them try tanking them or spamming WoG. I am not advise using nooby tactics but if its the only way to stop gankers than i guess it needs to be done.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:03 pm

Have you tried blocking them so that you won't invade them in the future???? I haven't done much invading, but when I host and an invading dragon form attacks using the glitch, after I die, I block them, and have never seen them again.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:04 pm

Holy crap never thought of that *facepalm* :oops:
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:08 pm

I did not know you could block people from invading again. Man that would have saved me from tons of arguments and bad messages.
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:17 pm

Holy you cna do that O: Praise Kirk-barb!

Also another way to stop gankers in the burg is when you invade run straight to the arena area keep going down the stairs (towards where the dragon lands) keep going that way and jump onto that bridge part they can only face you 1v1 there. Also WotG or something when they try coming up lol. That's how I do it anyhow.
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:35 pm

they think its fun for 5 minutes then they get bored and go do something else
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:57 pm

winning will always be the whole point of the game to gankers no matter how cheap and unskilled. Remember, they are not you and don't care about your enjoyment.

I always keep an anti gank mechanism on my builds as an invader. For some builds it is a StoneGreatsword/Hornet combo, for some it is a red tear/6 Wog cast combo.

I usually never have the poise nor the str weapon to just slaughter all 3 at once via tanking so my other 2 methods seem to work just fine. Also, every gank squad seems to have an "aggressive" and a "passive" phantom. Learn which of them will be swinging away at you and parry him first easily. The casters are usually the passives which are cake to backstab.

The host to no ones surprise is usually the least skilled so unless he has separated far enough from phantoms to do away with quickly, leave him for last. Hit him with Lloyds if you can though.

schultz
    schultz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by schultz Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:08 pm

but hey you gotta admit, fighting gankers is another level of fun!
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:38 pm

schultz wrote:but hey you gotta admit, fighting gankers is another level of fun!

I'll agree with you to a point...I love fighting gankers in the forest, but when you're looking for a duel its frustrating. Especially in areas like the burg. Only one spawn point, and being a smaller area makes it far more difficult...
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:04 pm

This is why almost EVERYONE hosts now. I wish fromsoft had an item similar to the dragon eye that didnt require you to be in the covenant or both people to have a dragon scale on them.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:08 pm

You don´t need to have a dragon scale for the eye to work.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:11 pm

I'm pretty sure you do. It says it on the wiki. For someone to see the sign they need to have a dragon scale. You dont need one to use the dragon eye though.

Edit: just realized i said both people needed it, idk why i said that. I knew you didnt need one to use the eye xD

Last edited by FruitPunchNinja on Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:13 pm

I´m 99% procent sure that you don´t need a scale, the 1% is because you told me otherwise.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:15 pm

yea you dont need a scale to use the eye and put the sign down, but for someone in another world to see it they need a scale on them. It actually says it in the item description. Its why it can take so long to be summoned via dragon eye.
    mrbeckham87
    mrbeckham87
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by mrbeckham87 Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:57 am

my new SL 30 doesn't have any scales or Dragon weps, Yet I have seen 3 Different eyes and have summoned them as well.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:23 am

"Online play item. Find a player who has acquired a Dragon Scale and invade that player's world to pillage it.
    An art of the transcendent apostles who pray to the ancient dragons.
    To be alive is to be vulnerable, and the fiery Gods are no exception.
    The apostles seek another plane of existence, which transcends life."

It's possible the description is wrong. Wiki doesn't say it is though.
    mrbeckham87
    mrbeckham87
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by mrbeckham87 Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:27 pm

That toon is also a gravelord too.
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:49 pm

i've been getting a lot of gankers on burg as well
    what i do is: run to the merchant, if i die, i want him to go with me.
    when the merchant is already dead, i just pay attention to the eviroment till the psn of the host appears, then immediately i use my crystal soapstone. gankers dont deserve my souls.

there was a guy i kept invading, he was waiting for invaders at that pvp area, but with his back turned to you, so when you get downstairs a phantom gets out from the room with the wooden shield and backstab you.
    Stepheneire

Post by Stepheneire Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:44 pm

An excellent way to annoy gankers is to immediately run to the left when you spawn before you get into the room with the zombies you can jump onto the ledge with the blue tearstone ring?continue towards the stairs with the flaming barrel then drop off the ledge there's a little space with cover there just wait around if you have time and when the phantom(s) and host drop down firestorm them off >happy
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:58 pm

Hide in the room with the wooden shield. You can close the door while inside.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:38 pm