Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Argetlam350
Lancelot
Juutas
Seignar
Bloodios
IceIfrit666
Slarg232
Noob-of-Artorias
ImperatorMortis
Sorrow95
Seenblack
15 posters

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition. PC gameplay!!! *Epic Spoilers*

Seenblack
    Seenblack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition. PC gameplay!!! *Epic Spoilers* Empty Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition. PC gameplay!!! *Epic Spoilers*

Post by Seenblack Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:03 pm

I just found this video on Youtube showcasing some of the new content on the PC edition. We get a look at Elizabeth, the Scarecrows, the new Stone Knights, and our first look at the fight with Knight Artorias!!!! As said in the title spoilers are everywhere so watch if you dare. Please post anything you find interesting about the video.

I noticed that just after the player passes Elizabeth, he cross a bridge that resembles the bridge and cliff to Artorias's grave. As well as him saying that Elizabeth will be selling spells, but nothing new.. I wonder if it will be another place to pick up a useful spell and have 2 stacks per playthrough.

Edit: While juggling multiple things during my day I forgot to provide a link, Terribly sorry!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjWmqQ4VAKg&feature=relmfu

Last edited by Seenblack on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Sorrow95
    Sorrow95

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition. PC gameplay!!! *Epic Spoilers* Empty Re: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition. PC gameplay!!! *Epic Spoilers*

Post by Sorrow95 Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:05 pm

This looks exciting, although I was disappointed to hear that PC won't be correcting the framerate issues. They weren't a huge deal, but some areas (Blighttown) wouldn't have been half as frustrating with a steady framerate.
    Seenblack
    Seenblack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition. PC gameplay!!! *Epic Spoilers* Empty Re: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition. PC gameplay!!! *Epic Spoilers*

Post by Seenblack Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:07 pm

Sorrow95 wrote:This looks exciting, although I was disappointed to hear that PC won't be correcting the framerate issues. They weren't a huge deal, but some areas (Blighttown) wouldn't have been half as frustrating with a steady framerate.
    Agreed, I probably won't be getting the PC version but it is definitely unfortunate that PC players will have to put up with Blighttown like everyone else did.
    ImperatorMortis
    ImperatorMortis

Post by ImperatorMortis Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:13 pm

Just look at the size of Artorias. I guess all of Gwyns Knights are huge.
    Seenblack
    Seenblack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Seenblack Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:16 pm

ImperatorMortis wrote:Just look at the size of Artorias. I guess all of Gwyns Knights are huge.
    Yeah, I'm excited to fight him. For us Xbox players it looks like we finally get the difficult Sword to Sword fight we couldn't experience with DkS fighting Old king Allant.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:59 pm

....what video?
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:17 pm

ImperatorMortis wrote:Just look at the size of Artorias. I guess all of Gwyns Knights are huge.

You couldn't tell he was huge when Sif had his sword? silly
    Seenblack
    Seenblack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Seenblack Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:38 pm

Link added to original post. That's what I get for trying to multitask too many things XD
    IceIfrit666
    IceIfrit666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by IceIfrit666 Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:59 am

I creamed my pants when it got to the Artorias fight.
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:14 am

I couldn't believe how well Artorias uses his greatsword. I always thought of the dumb thing as a giant, good-for-nothing, mass of rusts, but the man handles it like a true pro, and only with one arm no less. Those swings, DAT spin,...such gorgeous sword dance~~
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:50 am

Artorias seemed to be handicapped in the beginning, since he apparently has a useless arm (if there is one in there), but the only thing he proved their was that he was only giving you a fighting chance, cause that guy can already fast roll (lol) and that sword seems to take more stamina than any of Gwyn's strikes.

I'm sure Miyazaki did mention that the Gwyn boss fight didn't turn out how he wanted, being a parry-fest and all. So I think this fight was a remake (striking similarities as to how Artoriass fights)
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:28 am

After watching this fight I have come to one conclusion...I WANT THAT ARMOR!!!

*runs into the arena and beats Artorias to death with his own helmet...then takes it*
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:01 am

My body is ready.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:36 am

"I'm obviously buffed" ...lul

I also noticed that he wore the Covenant of Artorias.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:06 am

Lancelot wrote:"I'm obviously buffed" ...lul

I also noticed that he wore the Covenant of Artorias.

Yeah that was interesting little detail. His char did have all stats at 50 and endurance 90 so he was pretty buffed.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:12 am

I wish he would have at least tried, though. He either truly sucks or didn't want to spoil "much".
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:26 am

Lancelot wrote:I wish he would have at least tried, though. He either truly sucks or didn't want to spoil "much".

I think he didn't try too much. If he really is this "dark souls veteran" he claims to be, he knows better than to spam the R1 (or whatever it is on the PC).

I'm still thrilled of what will be the last boss of the PtD.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:33 am

I really doubt you can parry Artorias either, whether or not it's actually possible xD
    Seenblack
    Seenblack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Seenblack Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:51 am

Yeah, I feel Artorias is going to be closer to the Old King Allant fight rather than Gywn. I for one am extremely excited for this, it really doesn't seem like he has too many openings which should make for a very intense and amazing fight.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:53 am

Did you guys see the epic amount of health Artorias had? and that awesome flip attack at the end of the battle...goddamn!
    I really, really hope you can't parry Artorias, because then it's going to be like Gwyn all over again.
    Seenblack
    Seenblack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Seenblack Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:59 am

Juutas wrote:Did you guys see the epic amount of health Artorias had? and that awesome flip attack at the end of the battle...goddamn!
    I really, really hope you can't parry Artorias, because then it's going to be like Gwyn all over again.
    From the overall force and speed of each hit I honestly don't think it will be possible. It's honestly shaping up to be a true Dark souls Experience that even players that can run through the game in a day on any character will have trouble with.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:39 pm

The guy playing seems to not be true great or just doesn't feel like trying or doesn't wish to spoil anything but the Artorias fight seems pretty awesome. Shame still have to wait for the DLC to come to consoles for another few months. Not much of a PC gamer so I don't think I'll buy for PC.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:54 pm

Are you guys all buying the pc edition? cause all this video did was piss me off something serious....
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:02 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Are you guys all buying the pc edition? cause all this video did was piss me off something serious....

I'm not buying it since my laptop can't run it...so still few months for me too : /
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:06 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Are you guys all buying the pc edition? cause all this video did was piss me off something serious....

Nah unless they have some mod support which I believe FROM said there wouldn't be. I'll wait patiently for the actual DLC to come to console dispite how much I really want the DLC now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 12:28 pm