Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
martyrsbrigade99
Maneater_Mildred
Tolvo
Jansports
bloodpixel
Serious_Much
ViralEnsign_
H3adShotty
WyrmHero
rywhitty222
14 posters

Honour In dark souls PVP explained

rywhitty222
    rywhitty222
    Casual
    Casual

Honour In dark souls PVP explained - Page 2 Empty Re: Honour In dark souls PVP explained

Post by rywhitty222 Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:33 am

Tolvo wrote:Very nice explanation, it's short and simple, but very well made. It isn't needlessly complicated, and to the point. Very well done, as well to my knowledge it doesn't put down anyone or say "This way is the best." Very great work, and if I haven't said it already, welcome to the forum!
    That was the goal. Didn't wanna attract any hate but i did want to touch on a very contraversal subject at the same time

and thanks for the warm welcome from everyone. Seems like a very friendly forum to the newbies. Dont need to feel hesitant about posting if your new like in some other forums big grin
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Honour In dark souls PVP explained - Page 2 Empty Re: Honour In dark souls PVP explained

Post by Tolvo Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:36 am

Yeah, we like to get in new members. I mean, how else is a community to grow really? Sometimes we can have some issues with rule breakers at the start, but we love to talk with new members and try to inform people if they are doing something that is against the rules and frowned upon instead of just scaring them away. So don't feel worried or nervous about making lengthy posts and discussing things with use. You may have only 26 posts, but hey I'll read whatever ideas you bring up and judge them for their merit, not whether you have five thousand posts or not.
    rywhitty222
    rywhitty222
    Casual
    Casual

Post by rywhitty222 Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:41 am

The 26 posts will change rather shortly with the attitude of this community, thats for sure. I do feel very welcome. As for game knowledge i feel i know what im talking about being a player since DeS. But I love to learn new things and thats why ive been lurking these forums for so long. No matter how long you've played these games you can never know everything.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:44 am

Some of us like to pretend we do haha. We do have members who usually focus on certain subjects is all, I dabble in many things but I sort of end up as a jack of all trades. Experienced in everything, but master of none. It's a bit off topic, but what sort of areas are you most interested in?
    rywhitty222
    rywhitty222
    Casual
    Casual

Post by rywhitty222 Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:46 am

Hard to say, since i know your rep im gonna say that i model myself after the great tolvo winking
    I like all aspects of the game and research them all intensely so a favourite? Very hard choice xD
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:49 am

I guess my point was that Honor is what the community makes it. Whether its duels in the burg, the ultra cutthroat forest hunters or the strict(er) rules of fight clubs it's all at the end of the day Other People that even make honor possible, if it weren't for the good of the community there would be nothing but gank squads.
    rywhitty222
    rywhitty222
    Casual
    Casual

Post by rywhitty222 Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:51 am

Jansports wrote:I guess my point was that Honor is what the community makes it. Whether its duels in the burg, the ultra cutthroat forest hunters or the strict(er) rules of fight clubs it's all at the end of the day Other People that even make honor possible, if it weren't for the good of the community there would be nothing but gank squads.
    Thats a good point, but if it was nothing but gank squads there'd be no invaders for them to kill lol
    Great point though man, havent thought of it exactly like that before
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:51 am

Haha, sounds like me definitely. Though I prefer not to be called Tolvo the great, it makes people believe I think very highly of myself. I prefer Commander Super Humble Awesome Guy Tolvo. Though I will admit, I'm not actually a commander in this realm.

I have trouble taking compliments as you've probably noticed. :oops:

But anyways, post around and have fun, people should probably get back to talking about reputation before this gets too off topic.

So, I like to fight with honor, but I don't actually hold people to my own code. Personally, I don't like stunlocking people, but that's just a personal thing. I never hold it against anyone for doing it. Even if I get stunlocked, I just knock that up to my own mistake since I am very well acquainted with the toggle escape, so if I die to a stunlock it was totally my bad.
    rywhitty222
    rywhitty222
    Casual
    Casual

Post by rywhitty222 Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:57 am

Tolvo wrote:
    So, I like to fight with honor, but I don't actually hold people to my own code. Personally, I don't like stunlocking people, but that's just a personal thing. I never hold it against anyone for doing it. Even if I get stunlocked, I just knock that up to my own mistake since I am very well acquainted with the toggle escape, so if I die to a stunlock it was totally my bad.
    Very much so the point that the last point in the post. Not everyone plays by the same rules even if they are playing to what they believe to be honorable. I personally agree, i never stunlock. But that doesnt make it unhonorable.
    rywhitty222
    rywhitty222
    Casual
    Casual

Post by rywhitty222 Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:57 am

And by the way, humbleness is never a bad thing big grin
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:03 am

Honor, people keep using that word, I do not think it means what they think it means.
    martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:12 am

Good post, especially when the description of the Red Soap Stone clearly says, "Certain Darkwraiths resist their descent into dark and PRESERVE THE HONORABLE PATH. THE RED SOAPSTONE IS FOR THEM." I just think that in a lot of cases people confuse red soap summoning standards with invasions. I think you made a clear distinction.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:13 am

Well I personally use invasions, because I can decide where I spawn in. I've been summoned by way too many gankers in my time, as opposed to duelists. And when I switch to the Dragon Eye, I just don't get any summons at all.
    steal_yer_bike

Post by steal_yer_bike Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:30 am

This is an outrageous and illustrious exoneration of foul players who perpetrate the divinity of my silver lined cloud, respectfully named number nine. Griefers' lacking in the integral benevolence that which sustains the fortitude of my carebear convictions are the sole proprietors of wasted time resulting only in moral indignation. Rivers once flowed with depth during the days of yore, and our destruction has only resulted in the meandering ideology which was catalyst to the dissent which we all as to face. As to not describe in which the bellow grows yonder, its yesterday's calling for which I cannot relay without a forlorn insolence.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 am

THREAD REVIVED
    RagingPanic
    RagingPanic

Post by RagingPanic Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:15 am

Honor in Dark Souls is as complicated as the people playing it. I believe that when we PvP in Dark Souls, we aren't entitled to any sort of "Honor". However, I do bow on occasions that feel appropriate. Duals that are prearranged and organized are no exceptions. Some people play to win, some play to have fun, to make friends, etc. The motivations of the people will most definitely affect their perception of "Honor", and players should take that into consideration and bow at their own risk. I agree with most of what you said, and you made plenty of valid points. However I can't help but feel that people forget that this is a game, and people are playing to win.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:52 am

Just for the record in recent thread Im not defending griefers but Im saying that classifying and judging them not possible through the limited interaction people have with them.

I hate them too.... but as any anthropologost will tell you without participant observation is the key in analysing any culture....and unless you have griefed or ganked or what ever... you can understand nothing more than your own perspective.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:30 am

I grief plenty. 2 stacks of force and a Chaos Spear in sens. Trident dancing silver knights. Being in the catacombs at all.

And my perspective on it is that it's fun. Making people mad is a great time, everyone should try it sometime.
    martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:56 pm

In my opinion, so-called "honor duels" are only meant for red summon invasions, fight clubs and tournaments with stated rules. Other than that, there should be no expectations during an invasion, nor should anyone take for granted that their opponent agrees to an unofficial honor standard.
    Christoph
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Christoph Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:39 pm

A few weeks ago I meat someone who summoned me to the caterpie demon fight. He glitched through that closed door and bla bla bla. Because of this, I have 2 stacks of the Great Chaos Fireball now. Using them would be unhonorful, I guess...
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:12 pm

Ive made a post similiar to this for honor or survival was was what its called and Ive come up with an Idea. when someone invades your world you have noway of knowing if they fight with "honor" or "survival" tactics. So let it be up to the invader if they bow make it honorable if they dont kill them and show no mercy. This would of coarse only work if all invaders Knew to bow so that the host knows ok play fair and if they dont the host will assume they play dirty. As for the invader not knowing if the host is honorable thats just a risk of invading, you interupt somene playing when they're busy they might want to get rid of you quick.

Or theyre could be some kind of treaty between the Honorable and Dishonorable knights divide up the locations between the two so that when you enter somewhere you know what to expect clean or dirty fights .

This is all just ideas im still working on a way to make peace between the two if you have any ideas please share or pm me

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:48 am