Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Having a "Good" (not evil) playthrough - Way of White perspective

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Having a "Good" (not evil) playthrough - Way of White perspective Empty Having a "Good" (not evil) playthrough - Way of White perspective

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:01 pm

Hey everyone,

In Dark Souls, there are defined things that are good and evil.

I want to do as good of possible playthrough.
    EDIT!: From a Way of White perspective. What they consider good deeds.

Some things I can imagine are 'bad' are:
    Invading others via Cracked Red Eye orb.
    Not killing NPCS?

Good things are:
    ... Kindling?

I don't know the lore enough, and a lot of things are Grey areas, so what sorts of things would be considered good/bad?

Are the following things bad or evil:
    Killing Lautrec?
    Using Firekeeper souls to increase estus flasks?
    Killing Havel?
    Using boss souls (consuming them or making weapons out of them)?
    Killing Petrus?
    Completing any NPC story line that I have to kill them? (Buying all Reah's stuff, talkign to the Crestfallen Warrior, etc)

I'm going to start as cleric and stick to the Way of White, trying to do as much 'good' as possible.

Any ideas on what weapons/spells/stuff I should do?
    I will kindle the flame as well. Should I be princess guard?

Last edited by IV_Mark_VI on Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Having a "Good" (not evil) playthrough - Way of White perspective Empty Re: Having a "Good" (not evil) playthrough - Way of White perspective

Post by Eolan Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:06 pm

Every single thing you said there is considered debatable as far as morality is concerned happy If you ask me its only really possible to have a neutral playthrough as there's good and bad in nearly everything you do. Even the bosses you kill are victimized by you.

Theres the no bonnie runs you should read that thread....
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Having a "Good" (not evil) playthrough - Way of White perspective Empty Re: Having a "Good" (not evil) playthrough - Way of White perspective

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:11 pm

I have read most of the No-Bonfire run.

What I'm trying to do, is from a "Way of White" perspective on good/evil and do that.

So kindling is good, but is using the Rite of Kindling (evil necromancer focused) a good thing?

I'm also going to assume only Divine Weapons, no Occult weapons.

Is consuming Humanity an 'evil' thing?
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:30 pm

Well this is the trouble, we dont know if way of white was for or against gwyns current situation so even relinking the flame is debatable.

I would definitely say no invading or occult heresy!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:44 pm

If you are doing it from the gods perspective, then you should stay as hollow as possible. Be part of the Princess Guard or the Darkmoon Blades covenant. Try to kindle all the bonfires to the max to help the age of fire prosper. Kill everyone who is hollow, and all the bosses, including Priscilla. Link the fire when you defeat Gwyn. Have as high faith as possible. Talk to Ingward after defeating the 4 Kings so he can see the sun. Save Solaire. Help Quelana. Do not kill Gwyndolin. Kill Petrus after saving Reah (talk to her first, then talk to him and kill him). Let Lautrec kill the Firekeeper, and kill him at Anor Londo to revive her. Buy everyone's spells and kill them when they go hollow (Reah, Logan, Griggs, Laurentius). Complete Seigmeyer's quest.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:55 pm

Thanks Wyrm! Btw, why not Way of White?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:03 pm

Way of white seems a bit too corrupted, more human like.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:18 pm

If you noticed the things I have said are from a gods and sinners perspective. You are trying to get rid of all the sinners (almost all NPC's) by killing them hollow, thus liberating you from committing sin and clearing Lordran from all those pesky humans (lol).
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:29 pm

So, if I understand correctly:

Princess Guard: Role is to protect the Princess. Gives increased *chances* of miracle synergy. Also a ring which gives additional miracle synergy.
    Way of White: Unsure what their role is. Kindle bonfires? Increased chance of synergy. (Princess Guard seems better in every respect..?)
    Darkmoon Blade: Protect Gwyndolin, punish sinners of all kinds. Even people that sin against Evil convenants (by switching for example from a Gravelord to a Dragonsworn).

Last edited by IV_Mark_VI on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:47 pm

WoW role is kindling bonfires I suppose yes.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:43 pm

Yeah, I think there isn't "good and bad" so much as "gods and humanity - dangerous progress vs placid stagnation"
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:45 pm

I agree.

However, every covenant has a goal, and fulfilling its goals are what I'm trying to do.

So what I'm asking, if you were in charge of Way of White (You're all father lloyd!), what would you do in the game, and what would you not do?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:51 pm

I would retrieve the Rite of Kindling, the Occult Ember, and the 2 divine embers. Kindling the bonfires to max. I don't know about the hollows though, maybe WoW is a mix of being as much human as possible while following the way of the gods.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:57 pm

Leave Havel? Leave Paladin Leeroy? Actually, he's a hollow, so maybe kill him.

Havel I have no idea if he's hollow or not.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:20 pm

I think he's hollow so give him the favor and kill him. Also try to retrieve Grant and Sanctus, and equip yourself with paladin armor. Try to learn all the miracles. When Patches asks if you are a cleric, say yes and kill the bastard.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:27 pm

Also, Petrus vs Rhea. Which of the two is the failure to you?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:36 pm

To me Petrus is crazy so he must be killed.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:51 am

Agreed; Rhea seems focused on Way of White; so I would support her.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:59 pm

Ok! Starting this run tonight. I'll let you all know what I do/do not do.

Cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:06 am