Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

The Repentant Darkwraith

RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

The Repentant Darkwraith Empty The Repentant Darkwraith

Post by RandelOolacile Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:59 am

Hello, everyone!

A couple of days ago I made my first Wraith character and I started thinking, in typical RP fashion, what if my character was starting to feel remorse for his victims? Well, I started brainstorming and decided that I would go ahead and write something up. This is a small taste of what I've got going. Enjoy! big grin

--------------------

The Repentant Darkwraith

Ingward stepped forward into the council. The meeting was unexpected. The plan to flood the great city of New Londo was decided and they needed to move fast. The Darkwraith was increasingly more violent and were emboldened by the joining of one of Lord Gwyns great knights, Artorias.

“We must act now,” asserted Ingward. The only thing standing between them were the innocents that would perish with such drastic actions. “There’s no other way. The wraiths have stepped forward from the Abyss and are now venturing deeper into Lordran, victimizing all!”

Turning to one of the crimson guards and speaking for the council Ingward ordered that the citizens of New Londo be evacuated. “Explain nothing, simply demand that the people travel light and that they be ready to move at nightfall.” With a bow the guard stepped from Ingwards presence to fulfill the orders. This night there would be a great struggle, the people will flee or face the wrath of the Sealers, the wrath brought on by the Fallen Kings and their infamous Darkwraiths.

The magnificent hall where the council convened was a specter of days long passed. Beautiful tapestry still hung throughout the walls reminding all of the splendor that New Londo was to become, what it was becoming, before the perversion of the Kings took place. Ingward sat solemnly at the head of the chamber table. Yulva looked at him, not knowing how to express her desire to call off the decision. “This is madness, there are many that will fall!” she exasperated. “We can call for The Dragon Slayer, he will help us repel the threat!”

“Its useless,” explained Ingward, “Artorias has fallen. Sir Ornstein cannot stand against Artorias’ sword, much less the Army he now commands.

“Then let us petition the scholars of Vinheim!” Yulva pressed, “They are many and will be able to hold back the threat till we can devise a better strategy to combat the Wraith.”

“Vinheim has abandoned Lordran. They are a more interested in their next breakthrough than they are of facing our perils. I would not be surprised if that Logan wasn’t whispering in Lord Gwyns ear on behalf of The Betrayers interests.”

“We swore to protect man, to heal and assist where we could. All of our efforts would be in vain if all who we worked for were washed away like vermin.” Insisted Yulva.

“We are no longer healers, Yulva. Those days have passed, we must meet this threat with swift and decisive action or the whole of Lordran will be taken by the Wraith. The people will understand once weve moved them to safe ground. The people know the Wraith, they know their evil.”

Yulva turned from Ingward to hide the tears that began trickling down her face. With a sigh she stepped towards the hall doors wiping away her tears, “May Velka forgive us…”

The primordial serpents had come before the 4 Kings of New Londo. The kings hovered silently in front of Kaathe, the speaker for the serpents, their presence magnificent to all who witnessed them. When they spoke, they spoke in unison, their voices harmonizing with each word.

“What news do you bring, serpent?” spoke the Kings.

“My Lord, the people of New Londo have begun to move.” Trembled Kaathe, “they seem to be gathering what little they have and are moving towards the wooded lands of Oolacile.”

The hovering Kings stood in sharp contrast to the infinite darkness of the Abyss. The light emanating from them was only dwarfed by the darkness’ intensity. They moved closer to Kaathe coming within a few paces of the serpents, dwarfing the already gigantic form of the slimy soot colored serpents.

“They cannot escape us,” began the Kings. “Where ever they wish to go we shall be there.”

“My Lord, we fear that the healers, led by Ingward, are going to act against the Wraith.”

“Silence! No one can stand against the Wraith, no one can stand against us! We ARE!” exploded the Kings. “Ingward is but one man and his healers can do nothing to stop us from taking the throne of Gwyn.” Asserted the Kings. “He will fall to the blade of the Wraith. Gather them and send them forth into the city. Gather the humanity and kill the healers, leave none alive.”

“As you wish, my Lord,” bowed Kaathe as he and the other serpents sunk into the Abyss.

With a thought sent forth by Kaathe the Wraith began to assemble. Each one of them spawning from the emptiness of the Abyss, with the presence of a thousand evils. With each passing moment ten more would appear. Before long Kaathe stood before an army of Wraith. All of the spectral masks attentive at their next order breathing in unison as Kaathe began, his voice raspy and dark.

“We wil go forth into the city to take what is ours. Gather the humanity and then leave the corpsesf for all to see, leave none alive. These are the orders of your Kings. Then bring the Healer known as Ingward to me.”

All the Wraith grunted twice in unison indicating that the orders would be carried out. They began sinking into the Abyss one after the other. Before long only one stood before Kaathe. Staring into the darkness he started hearing the cries of victims passed as he sucked the humanity from them. His mind was lost to the anguish felt by those fallen because of him.

“What is it, Wraith?” Kaathe questioned. “Do you not understand what is expected of you?”

The Wraith, breaking his concentration looked up at Kaathe for a moment, then he too sunk into the Abyss.

With that Kaathe was gone, their plan to destroy New Londo set in motion.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

The Repentant Darkwraith Empty Re: The Repentant Darkwraith

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:16 am

Nice chalk this one up on the Character Bio Conpendium in the Covenants section. Its where we keep most of the Character Bio's people have written over time and this one would fit in really well.

Also I like your writing style.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:37 am

I totally wasn't aware of the character bios. Sorry. sad Maybe one of the mods can move this?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:46 am