Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Forum Pirate
callipygias
ICEFANG
Nightmare Moon
skarekrow13
Maneater_Mildred
wolf_queen7
cloudyeki
Razielthemanslayer
FinPeku
Jester's Tears
15 posters

The amount of bad Hosts are To Dam High...

Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

The amount of bad Hosts are To Dam High... Empty The amount of bad Hosts are To Dam High...

Post by Jester's Tears Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:35 pm

Like the titel said there are ALOT of horrible Hosts that dosen't know how to heal thier Summoned Phantoms. Often during Boss Fights I have to WAIT for the host to take some damage so they can Heal both me and themself.

I know alot of people just summon others has ''Meatshields'' to do the hard part but SOME help from the Host could be nice...When i summon Phantoms i normaly heal them when they go belove 75% of thier HP...

Anyone else that Runs into the same problem?
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

The amount of bad Hosts are To Dam High... Empty Re: The amount of bad Hosts are To Dam High...

Post by FinPeku Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:40 pm

That's why you should always have some way to heal yourself. Humanity, miracles, divine blessings, whatever. You are there to help the host, and it is up to him how he decides to treat you.

But yes, it can be very annoying if the host doesn't heal his phantoms at all.
    Razielthemanslayer
    Addicted
    Addicted

The amount of bad Hosts are To Dam High... Empty Re: The amount of bad Hosts are To Dam High...

Post by Razielthemanslayer Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:59 pm

Reminds when when I put the white sign just before the centipede demon.
    I had the orange charred ring so I immediately ran off to fight the centipede demon, The centipede demon and I had the most epic battle ever, and we moved to the other side of the arena, I ran low on hp and decided to let the host and other phantom do the job for a while... thing is.... they were standing in the first area watching the battle.... LOL they guy healed me and I took the centipede demon all by myself. XDDDD
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:23 pm

Razielthemanslayer wrote:Reminds when when I put the white sign just before the centipede demon.
    I had the orange charred ring so I immediately ran off to fight the centipede demon, The centipede demon and I had the most epic battle ever, and we moved to the other side of the arena, I ran low on hp and decided to let the host and other phantom do the job for a while... thing is.... they were standing in the first area watching the battle.... LOL they guy healed me and I took the centipede demon all by myself. XDDDD

I got a sig for you now!

You are Raziel, slayer of centipedes (demons)!
    wolf_queen7
    wolf_queen7

Post by wolf_queen7 Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:55 pm

A while ago a host blamed me for us both dying at the boss when earlier I had taken alot of damage from a invader and the host never healed me, he/she even had the nerve to send me a message telling me to learn how to use estus.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:05 pm

lol
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:37 pm

Sounds like you need this guy
    Nightmare Moon
    Nightmare Moon
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Nightmare Moon Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:40 pm

This usually happens to me when i get summoned for Ornstein and Smough in particular. It tends to get quite annoying...
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:46 pm

If you're a 20 flask person, as everyone who uses them, as in everyone except people who avoid using it for a lore run, you should heal up your phantom, but I do heal myself if I made a big mistake.
    Razielthemanslayer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Razielthemanslayer Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:08 am

cloudyeki wrote:
    Razielthemanslayer wrote:Reminds when when I put the white sign just before the centipede demon.

I got a sig for you now!

You are Raziel, slayer of centipedes (demons)!

*Bows and recieves new title*

Boy oh Boy that sounds EPIC!!! XD I'm putting it *** my sig!! The amount of bad Hosts are To Dam High... 558843162
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:25 am

Unless they crystal me out I figure there's no such thing as a bad host. Some are reckless, and some are new to the game and maybe don't know estus heals phantoms, but for those situations I always have the means to heal myself.

I'd go so far as to say that a phantom who is dependent on the host for health is the "bad" one. As a phantom you have nothing to lose, but your inability to keep yourself alive can potentially screw the host over pretty good, depending on their situation.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:09 am

I only have issues with hosts when they die because they insist on leading and attacking dangerous crap instead of letting me handle it.

I'm here to protect you, if you run in swinging at the hydra or get your dumb self bsd by a phantom, I can't save you. What you should be doing, is attacking at range or hiding and setting a trap in case I die, you're then out of harms way and I can do my job. You will even have some warning if I die to prepare the ambush or retreat.
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:19 am

One time on my ng++++ guy i summoned a phantom for O&S and he took so much damage from the silver knights that i had to use 10 of my 20 estus flasks before even getting to the bossfight.
    When we where doing the boss i ran out of estus to heal and the phantom was really low, then he just hid in a corner and let me solo the boss. I had to use like 6 humanity and he just stood there watching me.

After i killed them he sends me a message that i sucked and should have healed him.... The nerve of some people lol. First he made me waste 10 flasks on mobs you can kill without taking zero damage and then that fricking message.... The amount of bad Hosts are To Dam High... 2707236321
    BingoStarlicker
    BingoStarlicker

Post by BingoStarlicker Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:37 am

Speaking of bad hosting.

Not too long ago I spent some hours helping people with Ornstein & Smough.
    Eventually the summons got less frequent, so I decided to take them on in my own world. I summoned some guy to tag along and went ahead.
    Probably overconfident from the repetition of it all, I cut across the room to take out the archer. Obviously for the first and only time that day, the giants caught me in the back and killed me.
    I imagine my phantom was shaking his head quite a bit.

I sent him a sincere apology.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:44 am

Bamjam wrote:One time on my ng++++ guy i summoned a phantom for O&S and he took so much damage from the silver knights that i had to use 10 of my 20 estus flasks before even getting to the bossfight.
    When we where doing the boss i ran out of estus to heal and the phantom was really low, then he just hid in a corner and let me solo the boss. I had to use like 6 humanity and he just stood there watching me.

After i killed them he sends me a message that i sucked and should have healed him.... The nerve of some people lol. First he made me waste 10 flasks on mobs you can kill without taking zero damage and then that fricking message.... The amount of bad Hosts are To Dam High... 2707236321

I don't find any of the bosses hard enough, (except four kings maybe), to not do this, because when a phantom treats himself more important than the host, its just irksome.

Whenever I'm fighting a boss, and the phantom is not aggressive, like at all, or obviously runs off, I send him home. There's a bit of logic to running off like he did. I mean heck if the boss has one more hit, and so do you, totally run away, but when its like mid fight and I'd like the help, I send him home. I will not farm humanity or souls for other people.

Sounds like your guy was just terribly stupid haha! Lets see, he drank, well about 20? He should still have about 100 more.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:46 am

its always funny when a host summons you for 4 kings then you get to fog gate and host banishes you back and sends you a PM "i left ring in box"

i've done that all the time every time i go kill 4 kings i forget to grab the ring, and i feel like an idiot sending the phantoms back right at the gate.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:53 am

I'd have to say, the host doesn't have to heal you. Sometimes they are very reserved with their flasks because being the host, they are worried about their own life. If you die you lose time, if they die they could lose a lot more as well they'll have to risk another invasion. Yes, it's nice when a host does it but if you ask me if you are dedicated to Co-Op, you should really be able to heal yourself so that the host doesn't have to waste flasks on you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:13 am