Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

PvP character build.

Ninja_C96
    Ninja_C96

PvP character build. Empty PvP character build.

Post by Ninja_C96 Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:13 pm

I'm looking for a good PvP build that suites how i play.

How i play: I usually dodge a lot at the right times and if i can't dodge i block. I like to attack quickly and as much as possible before having to roll away. I back stab a lot, but because of lag i'm the one that gets stabbed by d-bags most of the time. I also like to keep my range most of the time and make it were the enemy has a DOT on him/her. I parry every now and then but since my timing sucks because of lag i usually don't.

So that's how i play. I want to see what you guys think would be a good build for me. And thank you for your time.
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

PvP character build. Empty Re: PvP character build.

Post by omega Elf Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:19 pm

Dodging is the new parrying, why block when you can dodge.
    Ninja_C96
    Ninja_C96

Post by Ninja_C96 Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:24 pm

Well if i can't dodge i'll block. That's it.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:35 pm

Cause it cost more stamina to dodge than to block, cause with blocking you can set-up parry, cause it helps alleviate pressure when facing long-range opponent, plenty of reasons.
    Ninja_C96
    Ninja_C96

Post by Ninja_C96 Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:39 pm

Seignar wrote:
    Cause it cost more stamina to dodge than to block, cause with blocking you can set-up parry, cause it helps alleviate pressure when facing long-range opponent, plenty of reasons.

Thank you for clarifying.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:42 pm

Make one of those annoying as hell dex rapier builds then. And btw if you bs a lot Youre one of those dbags you speak of too.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:43 pm

Oookay! Here we have a few options for you - I am trying to introduce people to the varied moveset of the longsword and I would suggest a rapier backup.

1. Elemental: http://tinyurl.com/cbr3cfp

2. Buff Build: http://tinyurl.com/99shruh

3. Augmented Master: http://tinyurl.com/8sgdymh

4. Weapons Master: http://tinyurl.com/9sc53ks

Explanation
    ------------------

The Elemental is purely for if you require superior style to your opposition and wish to have a high amount of survivability - these two weapons of choice allow you to pop in and out extremely quick whilst causing pain to the enemies - I would suggest this version for amateur players, the intermediates amongst us can ring swap to the red tearstone mid combat and also bait attacks with the bow for an easy parry

The buff build is primarily designed as a high damage output build that allows for you to put your opponent down as quick as possible - the versatile longsword moveset is perfect for a buffed weapon and I strongly believe it to suit the description of your playstyle. You have augments of sorceries to put pressure upon your opponent.

The augmented master makes use of the auxiliary pyromancies in his repetoire to pyro lock - Eg; GCFB run into lava - fire tempest. GCFB on wake-up stacked with a GC into a backstab. You can imagine the damage is insane and when on hyper mode it gives the opportunity to make the comeback of the century. There is not much to this build but it is recommended for intermediate to advanced players

The Final build the weapons master is recommended for Advanced to expert players - it makes use of the leo ring to punish peoples slow weapon swings and the Silver knight spear is perfect to zone enemies where to want them - You will have to exhibit many skilled tactics to master this build and I suggest you try this if you want something new.'

Good luck!

Ninja_C96
    Ninja_C96

Post by Ninja_C96 Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:50 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Oookay! Here we have a few options for you - I am trying to introduce people to the varied moveset of the longsword and I would suggest a rapier backup.

1. Elemental: http://tinyurl.com/cbr3cfp

2. Buff Build: http://tinyurl.com/99shruh

3. Augmented Master: http://tinyurl.com/8sgdymh

4. Weapons Master: http://tinyurl.com/9sc53ks

Explanation
    ------------------

The Elemental is purely for if you require superior style to your opposition and wish to have a high amount of survivability - these two weapons of choice allow you to pop in and out extremely quick whilst causing pain to the enemies - I would suggest this version for amateur players, the intermediates amongst us can ring swap to the red tearstone mid combat and also bait attacks with the bow for an easy parry

The buff build is primarily designed as a high damage output build that allows for you to put your opponent down as quick as possible - the versatile longsword moveset is perfect for a buffed weapon and I strongly believe it to suit the description of your playstyle. You have augments of sorceries to put pressure upon your opponent.

The augmented master makes use of the auxiliary pyromancies in his repetoire to pyro lock - Eg; GCFB run into lava - fire tempest. GCFB on wake-up stacked with a GC into a backstab. You can imagine the damage is insane and when on hyper mode it gives the opportunity to make the comeback of the century. There is not much to this build but it is recommended for intermediate to advanced players

The Final build the weapons master is recommended for Advanced to expert players - it makes use of the leo ring to punish peoples slow weapon swings and the Silver knight spear is perfect to zone enemies where to want them - You will have to exhibit many skilled tactics to master this build and I suggest you try this if you want something new.'

Good luck!

I'll go with the elemental one. Thank you! It also seems really promising so i'll put it to good use.
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:54 pm

Blocking is good for parrying but simply turtling will get you back-stabbed
    most likely. For a build heavily focused on dodging which is what I do
    I'd go for a Ninja build but use any weapon you like it doesn't have to be
    katana.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:56 pm

You're welcome - I'm always willing to help forum members, after all - we're a community happy
    Ninja_C96
    Ninja_C96

Post by Ninja_C96 Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:58 pm

RantFromRant wrote:Make one of those annoying as hell dex rapier builds then. And btw if you bs a lot Youre one of those dbags you speak of too.

I didn't mean that people who bs are d-bags. I'm saying the grievers. You know, the d-bags that invade noobs and what not, and cause grief. I'm saying that because of lag i can't stab the so they stab me. And then PM me and usually cause grief. Then they invade again and i kick them off a cliff. :I

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:37 am