Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
menzinho
FattyOfDoom
Shkar
Eolan
DoughGuy
Barnission
Rudmed
Seenblack
SEANB240
13 posters

Gwyndolin is a slave (Debunked)

Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Gwyndolin is a slave (Debunked) - Page 2 Empty Re: Gwyndolin is a slave (Debunked)

Post by Shkar Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:15 pm

Hm. In most mythologies, Gods have incredible control over the appearance. Maybe Gwyndolin subconsciously MADE himself have those tentacles because he thought he was hideous?
    Phantasmio
    Phantasmio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Gwyndolin is a slave (Debunked) - Page 2 Empty Re: Gwyndolin is a slave (Debunked)

Post by Phantasmio Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:02 pm

I could see both being plausible. Tough finding facts or good theories to help give weight to a side! I think the whole Seath experiment could make sense because those tentacle monsters that Seath created from his experiments with maidens kinda look similar to Gwyndolin's tentacles.
    Isaren
    Isaren

Post by Isaren Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:57 pm

So, going off your Seathe and Oolacile theory, I propose one other thing: a cross-breed daughter between the two. One who dances in the illusionary and has a scaleless white tail? Yes, that would be a Priscilla.

Sad to say but if you portray Seathe as the mad-scientist father who likes to lock himself away in his laboratory, it would make perfect sense to banish your only half-breed "damned" daughter to some secret world (especially after all the other dragons have been exterminated by the aid of Seathe himself). I guess other things to tie her to Seathe: Priscilla's dagger takes dragon scales to upgrade, she goes invisibile in the fight and the only other "invisible" things in the game are the pathways to Seathe and Oolacile's sorcery. Along with this there's Priscilla's white-scaleless tail and one other tid bit I always looked over: if Seathe's crystal cave is made up of minerals like most crystal.. why is there snow-flakes falling in the cave? And yet, Painted World of Ariamis is snow-covered and also incorporated into Priscilla's fight (her foot prints).

Only thing I'm having a problem with at the moment is why Oolacile would be banished into Seathe's crystal golems. ... Or who would roast Oolacile's old land. Also, I thought about (the real) Gwynevere being her mother, but if speculators say it's because she's the only one large enough; wouldn't that make Priscilla a lot taller than what she was?

"Gwyndolin, all too aware of his repulsive, frail appearance, created the illusion of a sister Gwynevere..."
    Also, I'd like to point out that even though this says he created the tig-ol-bitties, I dare say that mister-sister magic and arrows wouldn't have sufficient knowledge to create something like that by himself (imo).

Sorry for my up-all-night ramblings.. T.T
    SEANB240
    SEANB240
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SEANB240 Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:55 pm

Isaren wrote:Also, I thought about (the real) Gwynevere being her mother, but if speculators say it's because she's the only one large enough; wouldn't that make Priscilla a lot taller than what she was?

For what it's worth, I agree and don't buy that theory at all. For all we know, the real Gwynevere is nowhere near that size. For this theory and logic to work, her mother would also be giant, but if Gwyn is his normal size, that wouldn't make much sense.

menzinho
    menzinho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by menzinho Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:47 pm

Spoiler:

Last edited by Emergence on Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Please use the spoiler button when discussing new content)
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:57 pm

menzinho wrote:
    Spoiler:
    And this is a perfect example of why the DLC is forcing the old lore people out. Please spoiler anything that is a spoiler!
    menzinho
    menzinho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by menzinho Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:21 pm

Sorry, but i don't know how to put all that in a box like that XD
    SEANB240
    SEANB240
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SEANB240 Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:34 pm

menzinho wrote:Sorry, but i don't know how to put all that in a box like that XD

Find these keys: [ ]

Sandwich your spoiler text between two boxes, "spoiler" and "/spoiler".
    So it will look like:

{spoiler}your text here{/spoiler}

but instead of those boxes, use [].
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:24 pm

Spoiler:

i think the painted world was velkas domain due to the suveneer of represal or whatever you get off those crow things and a pardoner (i think there is more than 1) 's stuff.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:10 pm

I really think someone should find a way too debate this thought, so I am repeating it. It seems a little strange that From would base their works off every damn thing in existence and leave this out:

Hm. In most mythologies, Gods have incredible control over the appearance. Maybe Gwyndolin subconsciously MADE himself have those tentacles because he thought he was hideous?
    SEANB240
    SEANB240
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SEANB240 Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:13 pm

I always thought he found himself hideous because of the tentacles, but that's just me.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:16 pm

SEANB240 wrote:I always thought he found himself hideous because of the tentacles, but that's just me.

He was a boy who was raised as a girl. This scenario has ACTUALLY HAPPENED in real life, and the kid was absolutely, COMPLETELY traumatized; he ended up committing suicide. That kind of mentality would certainly be enough to make someone go mad enough to think it's their fault and become depressed. When that happens to an actual GOD, who knows what would happen?
    SEANB240
    SEANB240
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SEANB240 Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:24 pm

Shkar wrote:
    SEANB240 wrote:I always thought he found himself hideous because of the tentacles, but that's just me.

He was a boy who was raised as a girl. This scenario has ACTUALLY HAPPENED in real life, and the kid was absolutely, COMPLETELY traumatized; he ended up committing suicide. That kind of mentality would certainly be enough to make someone go mad enough to think it's their fault and become depressed. When that happens to an actual GOD, who knows what would happen?

How does this prove he gave himself the snakelegs?
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:26 pm

SEANB240 wrote:
    Shkar wrote:

How does this prove he gave himself the snakelegs?

How does anything prove anything? It was just evidence suggesting that he may have been in the mind frame to do it if he could. We can't PROVE anything about this game. The number of people who still adamantly insist that Solaire is the God of War are proof of that.
    SEANB240
    SEANB240
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SEANB240 Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:33 pm

Shkar wrote:

How does anything prove anything? It was just evidence suggesting that he may have been in the mind frame to do it if he could. We can't PROVE anything about this game. The number of people who still adamantly insist that Solaire is the God of War are proof of that.

That's true. And on your earlier point, he is a master of illusion, after all.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:36 pm

SEANB240 wrote:
    Shkar wrote:

That's true. And on your earlier point, he is a master of illusion, after all.

Zeus was renowned for being able to change his shape, Loki was turned into a donkey, The Christian/Islamic/Jewish God TACKLED someone in the old testament. Gods typically have all kinds of power over their physical form.

Although, illusions could be how Gwyndolin did it too. I won't argue that part haha, same basic principle.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:02 pm