Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

thoughts on covenant based items

russiannightmare
    russiannightmare
    Addicted
    Addicted

thoughts on covenant based items Empty thoughts on covenant based items

Post by russiannightmare Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:20 am

I know this topic has been brought up before but I thought I would add my thoughts on the covenant pyros, miracles and other items. So first off I'm not sure how many ppl stay in one covenant through an entire playthrough and possibly more because I for one tend to jump around to whatever covenant suits me at the moment be it simply to open a door in demon ruins or to invade ppl or co-op. There should be more incentives to stick with a covenant, sure dragons get a better fire breath and dark wraiths can steal more humanity and darkmoons get a better blade or so I've heard but IMO none are truely awesome enough to make me stick with just on of them plus it keeps the door in demon ruins locked from the one side or at least for me it has. So I think that at least the covenants that have a form of pyro or miracle or other item with that covenant should better scale with your rank. Such as in the chaos cov if you reach lvl 3 then the chaos pyro should be devastating to your foes such as an attack rating of something like 1000 and the same goes for the sunbros with the sunlight spear and gravelord greatsword dance. Then for the forest cov if you're lvl 3 then when summoned you are invisible without the need of the Ring of Fog. Same thing could be for the damage potential for the DMB as well. Whats your thoughts on this?
    Jenova_X
    Jenova_X
    Casual
    Casual

thoughts on covenant based items Empty Re: thoughts on covenant based items

Post by Jenova_X Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:29 am

I agree with the point u made about ranks. Some of the covenants 3rd ranks mean nothing at all, like the dragon covenant. 80 scales to get there and I am pretty sure it doesnt do a thing, you get torso at rank 2. Unless I am mistaken?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:51 am

Are we forgetting about the useless Way of White?

Or maybe the absence of any sort of Sorcery dedicated covenant?

There are many issues with covenants in Dark Souls, while as an idea they were great I don't think they were implemented just yet to their full potential. Hopefully they will be improved on in future releases.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:29 am