Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Blazefury
DxV04
gammlesvarte
jagger_1243
Yesuurd
ChizFreak
justwant2play
lextune
Tolvo
SATLOS
nhbdy
Herbo
Akatik
Serious_Much
Carphil
19 posters

I love this game!

jagger_1243
    jagger_1243
    Casual
    Casual

I love this game! - Page 2 Empty Re: I love this game!

Post by jagger_1243 Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:07 pm

id have to say its my favorite game for the same reason everyone eles loves it, its hard you can do mult play throughs and not get bored, just more into it cause it gets harder. and the custom look of everyone you see adds personality
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:22 pm

if you like this game try demons souls i think its harder and more fun whit world tendency
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:36 pm

@ Chizfreak, Hard to say what else you can do, have you beaten the game as a pure dragonoid?

I have to agree with everything everyone has said here. But for me the concept that you can actually invade other worlds and spike the difficulty when you or your victim least expects it is what put this game way above any other game. That is what makes the game unique IMO.

Back when DeS was released, I read that this could happen, the thought just sank in my brain and never left. Now that I have experienced it in DkS I can say to FROM Thanks!!
    Blazefury
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blazefury Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:49 pm

I wouldnt say Dark Souls is the best game I've ever played, but it's up there with the best. I've beat it two times (two different chars) and I'm going to do it another one. And another, and another. That didnt happen to me since Metal Gear Solid on PSOne.
    Dark75Messiah
    Dark75Messiah

Post by Dark75Messiah Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:30 pm

When I tried to buy this game in my local Gamestation the staff all sucked air through their teeth collectively and told me they'd only order five copies because it was too niche and the difficulty would put many people off.

I bought Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age Origins while I waited for mine to arrive through the post having ordered online. I played both those games and came away thinking, meh, shall probably never play them again. Bioware, massively over rated since KOTOR. Anyway, Dark Souls arrives and It's not left my xbox in over two months now. My xbox is sadly on its last legs so I'm upgrading to a ps3 (I consider it an upgrade, but please, no console war nonsense). My ps3 will arrive soon, a sweet deal for a slim and I already have DEmon Souls and Dark Souls waiting for me to play. Best bit was couldnt find a new copy of DKSouls for PS3, so I bought a brand new limited edition instead for twenty quid. The artbook and musical score are amazing.

I guess I love the scale of this game, it really is epic, even though you may end up going through the same areas many times over, I never get bored of staring at the sun, of seeing the bridge wyvern almost take off my head as I enter the burg, of seeing Anor Londo for the first time (which I did tonight btw, YAY, of beating an area or boss that had previously been to difficult.

This game provides a real sense of achievement for me each time I play. I can honestly say, hand on heart, that in over 25 years of gaming, I've never experienced a game like it, such depth, such an epic and well crafted and well hidden lore, story,, genius game.

I am ADDICTED.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:32 pm

Quite the story.

Ill let you off for you know what considering your post was of such quality.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:07 pm

Akatik wrote:The moment I saw a Giantbomb.com quick look on this game, I got hooked. This game pretty much reminds me of what a proper 3D castlevania game should be.

I also love the way that this game doesn't do you any favors. If you want to get through it, you have to learn from your mistakes and get better.

same for me, shame the castlevani konami released sucked, i had high hopes for it but we have the souls series. loved the challenged of beating it for the first time, after that it was easy which was kinda lame.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:35 am

Why do I like this game?

Its good for practice. Plus, the ideologies and mechanics of this game are Unique and somewhat desirable to me. Their are other unique games, sure... but some do not succeed in catching my eye. Dark Souls when I saw its case was what I wanted. When I had it, I was right.

And Now I use Dark Souls for many things, both Education and Entertainment of sorts, of different kinds as it were. From has made a hyrbid of a mechanic, replacing the popular mutliplayer with a single-player only view, dis-linking the fact that it is an online game, and more so uses others as a somewhat, i don't know, a stir up for a lack of a term. The different covenants and functions also brings light to the subject, and the different weapons and enemies also does as well. Although I wish for better quality of armor, their is not much to say negative of Dark Souls.

Let us see if it rivals some other games I have had played for a long time. I played for the longest time one game for a dozen years, and still play it today. We shall see if Dark Souls can live up to those standards.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:37 am

Serious_Much wrote:Quite the story.

You know he's probably not even listening lol
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:38 am

Darkson wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:Quite the story.

You know he's probably not even listening lol

... god damn it, I feel for it.

Look Skyward
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:40 am

Personally, I find him hilarious, and it's not like he makes useless posts. Not at all actually!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:34 am