Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Souls gained from PvP

oregonav8r
    Regular
    Regular

Souls gained from PvP Empty Souls gained from PvP

Post by oregonav8r Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:18 pm

Just a quick question to satisfy my own curiosity.

What determines how many souls you gain from killing a player in PvP? Is it just a formula based strictly off the other person's level? Or are there other variables that determine your overall gain, such as number of souls they are holding, humanity etc.?

Based on my limited experience, it seems mostly level-based, but then on occasion I'll get quite a few more souls than I anticipated...so was just curious how that all works out.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Souls gained from PvP Empty Re: Souls gained from PvP

Post by dancash1808 Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:48 pm

Strictly their level. as I understand if you are the host it is half the amount of souls they require to gain a level and if an invader it is 1/5th
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:06 pm

dancash1808 wrote:Strictly their level. as I understand if you are the host it is half the amount of souls they require to gain a level and if an invader it is 1/10th
    Fixed.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:13 pm

That's pretty much the deal. It's a bit annoying though since the host has the advantage and also gains more souls. Think of it this way: Invaders need 10 kills to level up. Hosts need two. To gain 10 levels an invader needs to kill 100 hosts, and a host needs to kill only 20 invaders.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:16 pm

Actually you are wrong Ghadis. You are forgetting invaders invade UP. SO a level 50 invader might invade a level 80 host. So the host gets 50% of the souls, but that is more like 10-25% of their level. The invader gets 10% of the hosts souls, which, because the host is much higher level, c=is also around 25% of that which they need ot level up. It actually balances itself out.
    (All numbers are purely theoretical and arbitrarily chosen to show a point)
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:33 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Actually you are wrong Ghadis. You are forgetting invaders invade UP. SO a level 50 invader might invade a level 80 host. So the host gets 50% of the souls, but that is more like 10-25% of their level. The invader gets 10% of the hosts souls, which, because the host is much higher level, c=is also around 25% of that which they need ot level up. It actually balances itself out.
    (All numbers are purely theoretical and arbitrarily chosen to show a point)
    Invaders invade up and down within the 10+10% range, and occasionally higher. So yes, the average is higher than 10% but it's close enough. Invading much higher is rare, it's usually in the range because one only invades higher when the orb can't connect to same-range players. I've only ever rarely invaded people who were many, many levels above me.
    oregonav8r
    Regular
    Regular

Post by oregonav8r Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:37 am

Good info, thanks guys.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:35 am

Ghadis_God wrote:Invading much higher is rare, it's usually in the range because one only invades higher when the orb can't connect to same-range players. I've only ever rarely invaded people who were many, many levels above me.

I don't know where, and at what level you are invading, but my level 80 tomb invader regularly, as in multiple times every single night, invades hosts 40 to 400 levels above him.

It is far more rare that I DON'T run into someone in two or three hundreds above me....

....just saying.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:38 am

lextune wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:Invading much higher is rare, it's usually in the range because one only invades higher when the orb can't connect to same-range players. I've only ever rarely invaded people who were many, many levels above me.

I don't know where, and at what level you are invading, but my level 80 tomb invader regularly, as in multiple times every single night, invades hosts 40 to 400 levels above him.
    It is far more rare that I DON'T run into someone in two or three hundreds above me....

....just saying.
    I'm going to say that since the Tomb isn't a massively high-traffic area you're much more likely to branch out to higher levels. But in the burg or the forest it doesn't happen often while wraithing. There are a lot of people around 120 in those popular spots.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:01 pm

That makes sense.

I actually like invading places at levels that are a bit higher than appropriate for NG, (another example being the Ruins at level 90), that way I end up invading players in NG+ (+++:..etc.).

It is a good game plan for those who want to invade but not run into new players on their first run through.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:18 am