Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Digitalyzed
Rifter7
LordRevan
dancash1808
Juutas
Rarity
10 posters

Glitching is better or worse den hacking?

Poll

Is hacking worse or better den Glitching?

[ 2 ]
    Glitching  is better or worse den hacking? I_vote_lcap18%Glitching  is better or worse den hacking? I_vote_rcap [18%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Glitching  is better or worse den hacking? I_vote_lcap0%Glitching  is better or worse den hacking? I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Glitching  is better or worse den hacking? I_vote_lcap82%Glitching  is better or worse den hacking? I_vote_rcap [82%] 

Total Votes: 11
    Rarity
    Rarity
    Casual
    Casual

Glitching  is better or worse den hacking? Empty Glitching is better or worse den hacking?

Post by Rarity Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:53 am

Well the title say's it all....I recently glitched a character (Good old fashion dragon head glitch happy) and i started to wonder....am i on the same level as the douche bag hacker?

After all ain’t i cheating the game to make it easier (Like 50 in all stats is going to help :/) and thus i am about as low as a hacking scumbag?

I am just curious what you friendly folk and PVP geeks think...
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Glitching  is better or worse den hacking? Empty Re: Glitching is better or worse den hacking?

Post by Juutas Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:59 am

I say f*ck em both big grin
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Glitching  is better or worse den hacking? Empty Re: Glitching is better or worse den hacking?

Post by dancash1808 Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:08 pm

I dislike both but glitching is not as bad as hacking.
    for those of us on xbox you can set your soul level, stats, maximum stamina and HP all independently of each other with very little work. there are some nastier tricks too but I shan't go into that lest I encourage it. (and no I do not do such things before anyone asks)
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:19 pm

:evil: They are both as bad as each other :x

Poll also needs that option.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:20 pm

Really revan? infinite roar is nasty as is spellswap. but its not like its infinite hp or stamina. or erm. other things.
    Rarity
    Rarity
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Rarity Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:23 pm

LordRevan wrote: :evil: They are both as bad as each other :x

Poll also needs that option.

I have to strongly dissagre with your opinon....But my opinon is worth jack now that i gltiched infinte souls and is level 328 and with 50 in all stat's (Hurra)

But i can still get my *** handed to me. A guy with infinte Hp cant....

PS: Unless of coruse you push him of clips witch is fcking helarious happy
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:25 pm

glitching AND modding to save time in pve in order to pvp fairly (in that when compared to another "legit" player there'd be no way to tell if it's glitched or modded unless it was extensively looked at.) is fine. it effects no one but the player.

glitching to harm other players or provide yourself with a normally unobtainable advantage on the other hand is just as bad as modding.

i picked no option in the poll.

and if you want to dragonhead glitch yourself to whatever level, go ahead. by all intents and purposes you're just another quester at that point.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:31 pm

Glitching is generally not as bad as hacking, but I believe that only applies to people who download hacks and scripts, rather than make them themselves. If someone can hack a game singlehandedly, with all these modern precautions, that's a merit in itself.
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:31 pm

Both glitching and hacking can be small and large though.

You could hack to have the same effect as the BB glitch, which isn't as bad as someone DragonRoar glitching.

But at the same time someone could hack to as you say, have Infinite HP and Stamina etc. Which is extremely bad.

Obviously there are a lot of glitches that cause relatively little harm, problem is that some people think that some of the more harmful ones are acceptable.
    Whereas hacking is generally looked down upon by everybody so you find less hackers than glitchers (Well that's gonna change now with PC :x )

So my point was as they both completely depend on how they are used, they are as bad as each other.

Last edited by LordRevan on Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:34 pm

i've said this before, the xbox community does not have a large bbg community.

however... when you look at the modding (they aren't hackers, stop calling them that.) community you'll literally s*** a brick.

so don't use the term "everybody" as liberally as you do. happy
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:36 pm

LordRevan wrote:Well that's gonna change now with PC :x )

Now we have to determine the fine line between hacking and modding.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:47 pm

About the same I'd say.
    joeclone
    joeclone
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by joeclone Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:14 pm

Juutas wrote:I say f*ck em both big grin

^this :/

honesty is sacred.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:23 pm

neither, they both suck and we shouldn't have to put up with either really.
    Rarity
    Rarity
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Rarity Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:51 am

:/
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:59 am

PSH glitching yourself is just fine. I always say, when alone, if glitching can shorten the path for you, and you want to, then do it. I can make a new character in like half in hour on the xbox, and that's great! I am harming no one by doing the bottomless box glitch to make a new character, and I am harming only future players by duplicating the souls with the dragon head. As long as you use it to remove grinding, which was fun enough a few times, but quickly gets less fun at the thought of killing 600 drakes to be a dragonbro. I even do infinite roar sometimes on try hard enemies, because its so fun to destroy everything holy for those two archers in Anor Londo haha!

Hacking is 100% different. Doing so will violate the terms and conditions "I agree to" (as well as you when you play on PSN and Live). While a glitch used against someone else is cheating and exploitation, using it on yourself is lulz and efficient, but hacking is 100% wrong. Tampering with your devices is against the rules and regulations, and they will find them in time. I dunno about Dark Souls, but hey, and update comes out, I'm sure they could find them all pretty easily (If player has character with <0 HP then ban them).
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:00 pm

Actually in most games if online you use a lot of exploits you will get banned.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:06 pm

Not on the xbox at least, our moderators (or theirs, I just sold mine) are so slow to act. Sure if you keep doing it, it will happen, but not if no one sees. Glitching  is better or worse den hacking? 932657698
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:10 pm

in the words of zoidberg...

Glitching  is better or worse den hacking? 25889932

I don't really feel the need to make a hacking one though seeing as certain forms of hacking are illegal it's pretty self explanatory it's not right happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:33 pm