Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Need advice on my set up ( Update)

infofrog
    infofrog
    Casual
    Casual

Need advice on my set up ( Update) Empty Need advice on my set up ( Update)

Post by infofrog Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:58 am

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=1438794295223616

My Falchion Is only Chaos +4
    More eqe I use

Latio fire+8
    Helbred Chaos +4 .
    short bow +10 .
    Long bow magic +4 . Does this bow need upgraded more magic?
    Also is there a better bow ?

Also another question is the Helbred is slow.

My Falchion is alot faster .

Why ?

Where do i need to level ?

thank you

Last edited by infofrog on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Need advice on my set up ( Update) Empty Re: Need advice on my set up ( Update)

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:20 pm

When you say the halberd is slow, do you mean when you swing it into empty air, or when you actually hit an enemy with it?

It's a weapon that when you miss, it punishes you with a slower recover time. So swinging into open air is not the same speed as swinging into an enemy.

Just don't miss happy

Your stats are all over the place. Your Long Bow is a bad decision to make it magic, since your INT is only 18. Magic or Enchanted weapons (Upgrade path) are for characters that focus heavily on the INT stat.

Falchion is one of the fastest weapons in the game, and great in PvP. PvE I prefer something with more range and damage, but that's just me. IT's great against bosses, and great when it's buffed.

If you are using Chaos weapons, they scale from your Humanity. So the number in the top left corner you want to be 10 when you use Chaos weapons for maximum effectiveness.

The best bow for long range is the Pharis bow, or Dragon Slayer Bow. The best for close range is the Composite bow. Short bow is good early game though.

Halberd has better range than the falchion, and hits harder per hit.
    infofrog
    infofrog
    Casual
    Casual

Post by infofrog Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:19 pm

Should I change my weapons to all fire ?

When leveling . should I level more in End. and Vit .?
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:22 pm

Chaos is good. You just need 10 humanity. If you don't have 10 humanity, fire is better. But converting all your weapons would be a pain.

If you use Elemental weapons (fire, chaos, lightning) you don't need STR or DEX; only enough to wield the weapon you want.

Level your END to 40 then focus on VIT. For your rings, choose Havels', Dark Wood Grain Ring, or Ring of Favour and protection. They have the best synergy with a high END.
    infofrog
    infofrog
    Casual
    Casual

Post by infofrog Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:28 pm

Thanks

I got about 32 Humanity in my inventory.

Should I used 10 then ?
    infofrog
    infofrog
    Casual
    Casual

Post by infofrog Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:28 pm

My next NG+ is going be so much better big grin
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:33 pm

Yeah. Plus you'll gain more souls to level up.

Use 10, but get some rings of sacrafice (from oswald in the gargoyls tower). You don't want to lose those 10 humanities. Basically, when you die, equip a ring of sacrafice so that if you die trying to retrieve it, you get another chance.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:42 pm

I vote to save your humanities unless you really, really need the extra fire power (ha) right now.

Also, your elemental weapons will become weaker and weaker as you progress through NG+, and ++, etc. If you are planning on leveling up your strength and dex at some point You should start working on some +15 weapons for the future. (I think I remember you saying that you were going to keep moving through the +'s.)
    infofrog
    infofrog
    Casual
    Casual

Post by infofrog Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:03 pm

callipygias wrote:I vote to save your humanities unless you really, really need the extra fire power (ha) right now.

Also, your elemental weapons will become weaker and weaker as you progress through NG+, and ++, etc. If you are planning on leveling up your strength and dex at some point You should start working on some +15 weapons for the future. (I think I remember you saying that you were going to keep moving through the +'s.)

Yes thats true
    infofrog
    infofrog
    Casual
    Casual

Post by infofrog Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:08 pm

I Have the red titantie slab

What would be a better for my set now .

Falchion Is only Chaos +4 to +5

Latio fire+9 to IDK ?
    infofrog
    infofrog
    Casual
    Casual

Post by infofrog Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:40 pm

updated my stat

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b=cHlyb21hbmNlciwyNywxMiw0MCwyMCwyMCwxMywxOCw4LDAsMjQsMjQsMjQsMjQsMjMsMywxNTQsNDcsMTA1LDkxLG5vcm1hbCxmaXJlLGZpcmUsZmlyZSwwLDMsMjUsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCw1LHdvb2Rlbix3b29kZW4sd29vZGVuLHdvb2Rlbiww
    Now do I need to level up the Dex. now ?

Thank you
    Alara78
    Alara78
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Alara78 Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:28 am

infofrog wrote:updated my stat

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b=cHlyb21hbmNlciwyNywxMiw0MCwyMCwyMCwxMywxOCw4LDAsMjQsMjQsMjQsMjQsMjMsMywxNTQsNDcsMTA1LDkxLG5vcm1hbCxmaXJlLGZpcmUsZmlyZSwwLDMsMjUsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCw1LHdvb2Rlbix3b29kZW4sd29vZGVuLHdvb2Rlbiww
    Now do I need to level up the Dex. now ?

Thank you
    If you plan to keep using elemental weapons (fire, chaos, lightning etc) there's no point in upgrading dex, those weapon don't scale with any stats.
    Just upgrade your Vit for now.
    infofrog
    infofrog
    Casual
    Casual

Post by infofrog Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:11 am

thanks
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:20 am

Agreed. And your armour needs updating, and hawk ring sucks in PvP. You can go up to 30 units of gear and still keep fast roll, so use em up!

If you need advice on armour let me know.
    Dante_000
    Dante_000
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dante_000 Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:31 am

So I updated your planner with what I thought would be a good armour option, Which frees up a ring slot and gives pretty good defences. Feel free to give critiques etc...

Updated Planner
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:53 am

Lots of armour choices available depending on how far into the game you are.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:34 pm