Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
ZikoLogiKa NL
WyrmHero
Rifter7
ViralEnsign_
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
BackwardsBaboon
Tristan
11 posters

Iminent Resignation

Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Iminent Resignation Empty Iminent Resignation

Post by Tristan Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:20 pm

I wasn't sure where to put this. I am taking a leave of abscence from this place. It isn't all that bad, and new members shouldn't be discouraged by this. My experience has been less than pleasant though. As I was advised, if you can't enjoy something quit. I quit these forums. I may come back just to get ideas and recap on mugen builds but I won't be participating in the discussions any longer. It is pretty clear that certain people just aren't welcome here. The amount of discontent I have for some here over shadows the people that are capable of being decent posters. I would like to menttion a few people I enjoyed talking to on here just so they don't get the wrong impression of me..

Wyrmmhero, Tolvo, Zikologika, Viral, Serious, Mildred, Doughguy, Mark, Rant, and a few more that just don't come to mind right now have all been capable of using their opinion in a non imposing or intrusive fashion. Thank you guys. You are great.

This place is great if you block a few people. Thanks everyone. See ya in the game.

It isn't any one individual that has lead to my choice in leaving rather an overwhelming feeling of discontent for my opinions that lead to this. It would be like the fundamental christian or the gop supporter attending a athiest democratic convention. It just feels like im out if place. The debates seem one sided and even when i used the report feature as a heads up to potential flame wats it felt as if the situation would keep ensuing and the snarky remarks would get worse unless i became equally malicious. It shouldnt have to come to that. I feel like this is the best course of action for everyones sake. A veteran member isnt likely to take a breather or quit the forums on the account of a disruption and or schism in the community over pov so its easier just to sacrifice the new guy to hopefully let the nastiness come to a halt. After all its my pov that is met with discontent not everyone elses.

Last edited by Tristan on Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Iminent Resignation Empty Re: Iminent Resignation

Post by BackwardsBaboon Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:44 pm

Well apparently I missed a thread or two, but I know from personal experience that sometimes a community, online or otherwise, can cause more stress than it is worth. While I've never had such problems on this particular forum, if you feel you must go then I bid you farewell.

Iminent Resignation 945058907
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:07 pm

I think I know what this is about, and it makes me feel rather sad.

I like disagreements and I think they are what make discussions come to life, however, I think some of our members forget sometimes that it's OK to disagree without being disagreeable.

I understand why you are taking this course of action and I respect it, but I hope you leave with the knowledge in knowing that by and large this is a wonderful community with loads of great people and they far outnumber the hard-liners. However, I should add that I do not believe the mods should block this contingent of the forums because they have their right to write whatever they want to write within reason, and I think they - mostly - do keep it within reason, and they do offer a different perspective which should be equally respected.

I totally understand, however, Tristan. Farewell, and I wish you success in any future endeavors. Proper Bow
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:10 pm

Awww and you were close to joinging the Knights...... ah well Cya round !sad
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:03 am

cya
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:12 am

I know what you're talking about, but you don't have to go for that. There's a block feature on the forum that doesn't let people contact you by PM nor see your topics/posts. It's useful if you feel harassed by someone. Most people say this forum is one of the most peaceful on the internet so please don't go.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:04 am

Thanks Tristan , Have fun where-ever you go and do stay safe winking

Iminent Resignation 558843162
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:50 pm

Thanks fellas you guys are great and will be missed. I'll probably come back in october to promote my cleric/Way of White/Faith based covenant. The one i took down that says void userwithheld. Its basically for people like me that do nothing but faith/faith hybrid builds. It had a made up leader named sir constantine. It wasn't exclusively for enthusiasts but it was going to be about faith based teamwork in the arena.

@pendant
    I am leaving with said knowledge and perhaps the dlc will open some eyes about people like me. I just finished my cleric build for the covenant and it uses top lvl heals and one wog. What i found is that the dmg on wog is subjective and hard to pinpoint on each enemy. With the firstborn ring i can 1shot the halberd giants and 2shot the casters. With the princess ring i can still 2shot the casters but have to 2 shot the halberds too. Now with the princess ring i can only get a max hp regen rate of 15/sec with BS which blows in pvp. SS is an overheal for my build though. So either choose 400ish WoG dmg or 15hp/sec. What my build actually boils down to is one weapon. Composite Divine bow with poison/moonlight arrows. It is quite sad how weak faith is at this point, but maybe we'll get some slack now.

You'll probably see me in the game attempting to protect hosts and in the arena tanking you dex users the best I can, but I'd say this is a good time to work on that website I have been planning. It will have a DkS section where people will be able to make friends and team up for duels and general gaming purposes. It's just a Gaming fansite that I've been working on for the last 3 years or so. It hasn't even hit alpha stage but I have got some good ideas that I'm drawing up.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:34 pm

I do hope you come back man, no one should feel harassed enough that they can't enjoy something that they did enjoy. Just remember if people are acting rude towards you to voice that you are unhappy with it, and if it persists to report their posts. As someone mentioned, you can also block people or just stop responding to them. Again I hope whatever happened doesn't persist and that you can manage to enjoy yourself again on the forum in the future.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:56 pm

Very true tolvo.
    sad to see another person go, and over personal upset of all things. but hopefully we shall see you around again!
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:25 pm

I missed everything what's going on.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:29 pm

bloodpixel wrote:I missed everything what's going on.

Click on the OP's profile and read some of his more recent posts. You'll get the idea... :|
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:54 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    bloodpixel wrote:I missed everything what's going on.

Click on the OP's profile and read some of his more recent posts. You'll get the idea... :|

What? Someone didnt agree with him? Thats not fair. I assume you are talking about Forum and he did nothing wrong. He simply disagreed with Tristans opinion and expressed why.

I dont agree with alot of things Forum and many others say. Im not gonna pretend they are trolling me just because they express that though.(I may have taken offense once or twice but you get what i mean silly ) I read over the topics in his recent posts and he wasnt harassed. In fact he was just as aggressive(if thats how you see it) if not more so.

If he feels that he was and doesnt like the way someone made their point against his then i can understand that and i dont fault him if he wants to leave becaue of it.

However it really isnt fair to blame on the person who disagreed because from what i read they did nothing wrong.

Now ive only read over recent stuff...like the first 2 pages of his recent posts(and the threads they were in) so maybe im wrong...though i dont think that i am. Also ive been here for awhile and i know the mods/admins run a pretty tight ship and i believe they would have done something if it was really as bad as this thread makes it sound.

I mean no offense to Tristian or anyone else here. I just wanted to voice my opinion on the subject.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content