Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Casdman
Derpwraith
6 posters

    Black Dragon Kalameet Boss Room..

    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed


    Posts : 651
    Reputation : -23
    Join date : 2012-06-15
    Age : 110
    Location : The Abyss, tending to Kaathe.

    Black Dragon Kalameet Boss Room.. Empty Black Dragon Kalameet Boss Room..

    Post by Derpwraith Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:49 am

    In case any of you haven't realized, Its the same place where you fight the hydra.
    Casdman
    Casdman
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 129
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-02-07
    Location : Boston

    Black Dragon Kalameet Boss Room.. Empty Re: Black Dragon Kalameet Boss Room..

    Post by Casdman Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:56 am

    InfiniteDoomsday wrote:In case any of you haven't realized, Its the same place where you fight the hydra.

    Ya, its cause you go back in time to the forest, so you'll notice that a lot of things are similar or the same
    Wrenchfarm
    Wrenchfarm
    Newbie
    Newbie


    Posts : 19
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-08-28

    Black Dragon Kalameet Boss Room.. Empty Re: Black Dragon Kalameet Boss Room..

    Post by Wrenchfarm Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:07 am

    Hrrm, I've seen a lot of people say this and I don't really get it. More to the point, I've seen a lot of internet whining about "oh, Oolacil is just a reskin of Darkroot, stupid From Soft couldn't even make new area, blah blah blah" which I know isn't the intent of your post, but it has been bugging me.

    Clearly the area is reminiscent of Darkroot and shares some landscaping features, but it isn't a 1-for-1 remake of the area at all. The pit you fight Kalameet in is very much like a drained out Hydra area sure, but with a larger canyon leading into a drop off. Same with the rest of the area. There are nods to Darkroot (the bridge out of the Sactuary is similar to the one leading into Sif's room, the elevators are like the ONE ruined bridge-fort you can cross in Darkroot, ect) but it isn't the same.

    Personally I think it is cool. I've just been frustrated with the number of piffy "I'm not paying money to play a day-time version of an area" posts I've seen like that was all there was to Prepare to Die.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1435
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-04-09
    Location : Scotland

    Black Dragon Kalameet Boss Room.. Empty Re: Black Dragon Kalameet Boss Room..

    Post by Knight Alundil Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:27 am

    Wrenchfarm wrote:Hrrm, I've seen a lot of people say this and I don't really get it. More to the point, I've seen a lot of internet whining about "oh, Oolacil is just a reskin of Darkroot, stupid From Soft couldn't even make new area, blah blah blah" which I know isn't the intent of your post, but it has been bugging me.

    Clearly the area is reminiscent of Darkroot and shares some landscaping features, but it isn't a 1-for-1 remake of the area at all. The pit you fight Kalameet in is very much like a drained out Hydra area sure, but with a larger canyon leading into a drop off. Same with the rest of the area. There are nods to Darkroot (the bridge out of the Sactuary is similar to the one leading into Sif's room, the elevators are like the ONE ruined bridge-fort you can cross in Darkroot, ect) but it isn't the same.

    Personally I think it is cool. I've just been frustrated with the number of piffy "I'm not paying money to play a day-time version of an area" posts I've seen like that was all there was to Prepare to Die.

    Yeh it's like this is what it was before it was ravaged by time so alot of ledges and other structures are diff. I think its pretty cool.

    Also, the calamity ring and Dusk crown ring both drop from dragonoids in the same area.
    One has to do with halfing the other with doubling.

    Cowinkeedink? I think not.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed


    Posts : 2021
    Reputation : 56
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 27
    Location : Northern Ireland

    Black Dragon Kalameet Boss Room.. Empty Re: Black Dragon Kalameet Boss Room..

    Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:22 pm

    Knight Alundil wrote:
    Wrenchfarm wrote:Hrrm, I've seen a lot of people say this and I don't really get it. More to the point, I've seen a lot of internet whining about "oh, Oolacil is just a reskin of Darkroot, stupid From Soft couldn't even make new area, blah blah blah" which I know isn't the intent of your post, but it has been bugging me.

    Clearly the area is reminiscent of Darkroot and shares some landscaping features, but it isn't a 1-for-1 remake of the area at all. The pit you fight Kalameet in is very much like a drained out Hydra area sure, but with a larger canyon leading into a drop off. Same with the rest of the area. There are nods to Darkroot (the bridge out of the Sactuary is similar to the one leading into Sif's room, the elevators are like the ONE ruined bridge-fort you can cross in Darkroot, ect) but it isn't the same.

    Personally I think it is cool. I've just been frustrated with the number of piffy "I'm not paying money to play a day-time version of an area" posts I've seen like that was all there was to Prepare to Die.

    Yeh it's like this is what it was before it was ravaged by time so alot of ledges and other structures are diff. I think its pretty cool.

    Also, the calamity ring and Dusk crown ring both drop from dragonoids in the same area.
    One has to do with halfing the other with doubling.

    Cowinkeedink? I think not.

    Try using both rings at once.

    Black Dragon Kalameet Boss Room.. Ouy6c2
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived


    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Black Dragon Kalameet Boss Room.. Empty Re: Black Dragon Kalameet Boss Room..

    Post by ChizFreak Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:13 pm

    Also just to let everyone know, once you beat him, if you come back, there will be a chest close to one of the waterfalls containing a titanite SLAB.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1435
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-04-09
    Location : Scotland

    Black Dragon Kalameet Boss Room.. Empty Re: Black Dragon Kalameet Boss Room..

    Post by Knight Alundil Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:16 pm

    ChizFreak wrote:Also just to let everyone know, once you beat him, if you come back, there will be a chest close to one of the waterfalls containing a titanite SLAB.

    Ohhh i didnt realize you had to like... save and reload etc. do get this to work. Just settled some arguements for me there winking

    Sponsored content


    Black Dragon Kalameet Boss Room.. Empty Re: Black Dragon Kalameet Boss Room..

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:10 pm