Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Xbox Controller Problems...

Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Xbox Controller Problems... Empty Xbox Controller Problems...

Post by Revoltage Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:49 pm

Ok I'm using an Afterglow Ax.1 wired xbox 360 controller on a windows 7 machine.

I'm having problems getting the controller to work. I plug it in, the guide button flashes green once, then nothing. I've installed the latest drivers I could find for it but it still comes up as "unspecified" in devices. I have motioninjoy installed as well but my problem is that the controller isn't being recognized at all! I'm stuck and don't know what to do......

EDIT: I'm pretty dumb for trying to use motioninjoy, it's for ps3 controllers! I didn't realize that lol. But I'm still having the problem of the controller not having any drivers installed.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Xbox Controller Problems... Empty Re: Xbox Controller Problems...

Post by ICEFANG Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:26 pm

Hey buddy, I had the exact same problem, try this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XBCD

You can read about it before using it, check if your controller is on the good list. The buttons were all jank when I set it up (start was strong attack, back was two hand weapon). But you can change the button config too. Play around with it, it takes a few tries, but I think its the best for us.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:44 pm

I got it to work before I saw your post, Icefang. I just had to install the driver manually after downloading the driver from the microsoft site. I still have to make sure it works in dark souls first.....
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:45 pm

If it doesn't work right (like mine did when it was being read), then I would suggest that, but the Microsoft driver is probably the best.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:58 am