Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Dark Wood Grain Ring Not Working (While Under 50% Equip Load)

Techneeq
    Techneeq
    Casual
    Casual

Dark Wood Grain Ring Not Working (While Under 50% Equip Load) Empty Dark Wood Grain Ring Not Working (While Under 50% Equip Load)

Post by Techneeq Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:30 am

I just got this ring and for some reason I am not getting the ninja flip animation happening. My current equip load is 27.9/87.6(=31.8%). The gear that I have on is:

RH1: Balder Side Sword +15
    RH2: Short Bow +5
    LH1: Spider Shield +6
    LH2: Pyromancy Flame

Large Arrows (80)

Gargoyle Helm +1
    Balder Armor +3
    Balder Guantlets +7
    Crimson Waistcloth

Dark Wood Grain Ring
    Ring of Favour and Protection

I assume that the upgrade level of the item doesn't really matter, but I wanted to have it in there anyways.

So can anyone please tell me as to why the ring is (seemingly) not working? I can provide any more info that is needed.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Dark Wood Grain Ring Not Working (While Under 50% Equip Load) Empty Re: Dark Wood Grain Ring Not Working (While Under 50% Equip Load)

Post by ErrJon6661 Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:36 am

If you're playing on pc that version of the game has been patched and many rings have been nerfed.
    Techneeq
    Techneeq
    Casual
    Casual

Dark Wood Grain Ring Not Working (While Under 50% Equip Load) Empty Re: Dark Wood Grain Ring Not Working (While Under 50% Equip Load)

Post by Techneeq Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:46 am

Yeah, the nerf thing appears to be right. Apparently on PC now it only has any effect if you are under 25% encumbrance.
    kazumoshi
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by kazumoshi Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:21 am

Sub it in for havel's ring, It's a good alternative to the flip ring if you want to wear heavier stuff.
    Techneeq
    Techneeq
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Techneeq Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:34 am

Well I play on PC and now with the nerf I just learned up the ring only gives an effect to players if they have <25% equip burden instead of the original <50%. So it is pretty much useless with heavy armor now :/
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:39 am

As it should be. The Dark Wood Grain Ring is a no-brainer on consoles because it allows you to have your cake and eat it, too. Staying under 50% with good gear is extremely easy at 40 endurance with either Havel's Ring or the Ring of Favour and Protection, so combined with one of those, it allows automatic fast movement and the best dodge in the game. There's no downside. Endurance gouge builds can do absolutely insane things with it, too, like having a full Havel's set ninja flipper. That's not fun, intelligent or balanced. If you want to wear heavy armour and move quickly, you should have to pay for it with stat investment and other pieces of gear that don't automatically render a whole weight class obsolete.

The metagame will be much, much better without the Dark Wood Grain Ring being such a no-brainer; for one thing, getting both speed and poise will be much more difficult.
    Techneeq
    Techneeq
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Techneeq Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:54 am

I never really got the chance to use it but I definitely agree that the nerf was necessary. You should definitely have to choose between armor/poise and speed.
    Nightmare Moon
    Nightmare Moon
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Nightmare Moon Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:38 am

Thank the gods for that!!! no more havel ninja's or giant's ninjas!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:04 pm