Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
RANT
Serious_Much
UncappedBasher
7 posters

Overpowered Early - A Beginner's Guide to Dark Souls's Items & Equipment

UncappedBasher

Overpowered Early - A Beginner's Guide to Dark Souls's Items & Equipment Empty Overpowered Early - A Beginner's Guide to Dark Souls's Items & Equipment

Post by UncappedBasher Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:10 pm

I really wanted to get this guide out earlier to help out some of the new pc players, but it took longer than anticipated to make.

It's basically a guide showing newer players how to get some epic items very early on and some good tips and tricks as well.

If you are having trouble getting started check it out! Hopefully we can help you out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ4rQ9AZxDk
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Overpowered Early - A Beginner's Guide to Dark Souls's Items & Equipment Empty Re: Overpowered Early - A Beginner's Guide to Dark Souls's Items & Equipment

Post by Serious_Much Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:21 pm

It's a good video, gonna be great for all the new pc players coming in.

plus 1
    UncappedBasher

Overpowered Early - A Beginner's Guide to Dark Souls's Items & Equipment Empty Re: Overpowered Early - A Beginner's Guide to Dark Souls's Items & Equipment

Post by UncappedBasher Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:26 pm

Serious_Much wrote:It's a good video, gonna be great for all the new pc players coming in.

plus 1

Thanks! That's what I was aiming for. Everytime I start a new character I always have a set of items I make sure to get right away, so I decided to share that for anyone who may not know about some of the more hidden ones.

Hey, while we are in here, anyone else have any personal "MUST GET" items?

Last edited by UncappedBasher on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:31 pm

+1 good vid dude.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:18 pm

Does this video contain any spoilers from the PTD?
    UncappedBasher

Post by UncappedBasher Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:26 pm

reim0027 wrote:Does this video contain any spoilers from the PTD?

Nope, no new content. Haven't gotten to it yet >_<
    Bawheidbob
    Bawheidbob
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Bawheidbob Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:00 am

Thanks i will take a look - After losing my save many months ago i am hoping to start up again this weekend.
    tard01
    tard01

Post by tard01 Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:42 am

UncappedBasher wrote:I really wanted to get this guide out earlier to help out some of the new pc players, but it took longer than anticipated to make.

It's basically a guide showing newer players how to get some epic items very early on and some good tips and tricks as well.

If you are having trouble getting started check it out! Hopefully we can help you out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ4rQ9AZxDk

i feel like im about to say something incorrect, but i dont think master key opens the door to the sorcerer guy in lower undead burg... but you didnt tell the player to buy the key from the merchant before you killed him. also, you didn't advise they buy the lloyd's talisman, which can be useful later in the game and also proves useful in the new content (boiss fight). if i made a mistake and the master key opens this door, then i made a mistake on my last playthrough last week and apologise, but i dont believe the door opened for me until i specifically went back and bought the key.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:43 am

I think you need to buy the residence key to free Griggs.
    tard01
    tard01

Post by tard01 Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:45 am

vatar5 wrote:I think you need to buy the residence key to free Griggs.

ya, if thats the case, i feel like that video is going to hurt a lot of new players who might want to use magic early in the game =(
    maybe you can add an annotation on teh video itself to pop up and ammend that... i think that'd be a smart/helpful thing to do, rather than remake the whole video.
    UncappedBasher

Post by UncappedBasher Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:07 am

tard01 wrote:

ya, if thats the case, i feel like that video is going to hurt a lot of new players who might want to use magic early in the game =(
    maybe you can add an annotation on teh video itself to pop up and ammend that... i think that'd be a smart/helpful thing to do, rather than remake the whole video.

If you kill the merchant he drops the key, it's actually shown in the video but i did forget to acknowledge it. Good call. I think i'll still add an annotation saying what it's for.
    tard01
    tard01

Post by tard01 Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:40 am

UncappedBasher wrote:
    tard01 wrote:

If you kill the merchant he drops the key, it's actually shown in the video but i did forget to acknowledge it. Good call. I think i'll still add an annotation saying what it's for.

ah, i didnt know he dropped it. i missed it in your video and obviously he doesnt drop it in my game cause i had already bought it.

thanks for pointing that out to me, apologies. i was so afraid to 'call out' anything, but since it was a newbie helper guide, figured i would.

sorry!
    UncappedBasher

Post by UncappedBasher Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:42 am

tard01 wrote:
    UncappedBasher wrote:
    tard01 wrote:

ah, i didnt know he dropped it. i missed it in your video and obviously he doesnt drop it in my game cause i had already bought it.

thanks for pointing that out to me, apologies. i was so afraid to 'call out' anything, but since it was a newbie helper guide, figured i would.

sorry!

No prob! I did completely forgot to mention it, so the annotation was a great add to the vid, thanks!
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:57 pm

Great job. The only thing is the Gravelord Sword. Easy to get to and powerful.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:59 am