Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
RedderAI
Spurgun
ICEFANG
IV_Mark_VI
8 posters

Door after Centipede Demon?

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Door after Centipede Demon? Empty Door after Centipede Demon?

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:07 pm

There looks like a door that the Centipede demon is guarding; was this content that was cut due to time/budget constraints? Or is there more to this 'door' than I've ever found?

I don't think there's anything to it since no one's mentioned it that I've ever seen.

Looks like two slabs with a seam up the middle, and a path leading right to it.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Door after Centipede Demon? Empty Re: Door after Centipede Demon?

Post by ICEFANG Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:09 pm

Its been explored in great detail, but not in PtD
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:11 pm

It's probably a door straight to izalith. And the path you take is just a small sideway.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:11 pm

So, no way that anyone knows to open it? Maybe it's supposed to be locked...?
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:20 pm

I believe it was supposed to go to another part of New Izalith. Sadly I think it got cut from the game. If you go to the Lordvessel altar you can see the exact same door behind it.

Honestly From stripped A LOT from this game. A statue should have been moved by Andre of Astora BUT it got cut. From really should have just finished the game like Rey said. Even the director said he was disappointed with Lost Izalith. The lava field was way too easy, the innards of Lost Izalith is too small, no exploring neccasry, limited enemie types (all are VERY weak to Slash dam), plus the BoC is a stupid end-game boss.

Lost Izalith could have been awesome but it was *** up.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:48 pm

It's still an awesome game, and perhaps FROMs wanted more than they could realistically put in, but I'm all for supporting them 100%. This is the best game I've ever played (with the possible exception of Warcraft2 and Starcraft).
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:51 pm

It's similar to the doorway to Anor Londo behind the Iron Golem. Probably early plans that were cut. Rather than looking like it was just collapsed, instead it was bricked up. Almost hinting from the developer's side that they had to cover it up.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:59 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:It's still an awesome game, and perhaps FROMs wanted more than they could realistically put in, but I'm all for supporting them 100%. This is the best game I've ever played (with the possible exception of Warcraft2 and Starcraft).

I honestly agree! This game is my favorite hands down. No doubt about it.

I love everything about it especially the lore and landscapes. I just wish they flourished a bit more on New Londo, Lost Izalith, the giants from TotG (lore wise), made the Dukes archives a bit more bigger(that's a HUGE building for such an small dungeon-esque and very linear too. Idk, Everything post lord vessel seems rushed and unfinished. Everything just got very very linear for such a free-roam game.

I know im complaining but I do love the game. A lot. Only game I have played for months.

Last edited by RedderAI on Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:00 pm

Honestly, I'm hoping they release DLC for these areas. I love value for a game, but I wouldn't mind cash grabs from someone that releases something I love. 60 bucks doesn't even buy me supper with the miss at the places we like to eat.

The money I've spent on this game compared to hours spent... super, super cheap. Let me buy 15 dollars worth of DLC, I will gladly pay.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:01 pm

While I've stated I don't think the DLC itself is worth the money, due to the joy I got from the game and my wish for From to produce more content in the future I will buy the DLC. Sort of the idea of giving my opinion with my wallet. Which is typically the only way to do it in the gaming world.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:05 pm

Honestly... it's 15 bucks. I spend that on parking some days.

15 bucks isn't even dinner. It's 2 or 3 beers depending on where you go. Unless you're a student or really strapped for cash, 15 bucks isn't much money IMO.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:17 pm

It's a bit more than a movie, or sometimes a movie in certain places. If it doesn't give me the same satisfaction as a good movie for the same amount of time, I find it to not be worth the money. Not to mention I already think think things are overpriced. If it is a quarter the price of the game and provides me nowhere near a quarter of the enjoyment of the game itself I'm disappointed in the piece of DLC.

I'm quite a critic essentially.
    theycallmerico
    theycallmerico

Post by theycallmerico Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:42 pm

You've gotta love it when you've purchased a 60 dollar game along with one or two DLC packs for 10-15 bucks a piece, only to find that the game will be released 8 months later as a GoTY edition with all DLC packs for 50 dollars.

I'm glad I don't fancy myself a online competitive gamer. I'd go broke with all these map packs coming out every other month.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:40 pm

From the map editor we know it leads nowhere, but has anyone checked where it would meet izalith if it continued straight?
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:09 pm

yeah i think there was a lot more places planned, Vally of the drakes has a few interesting bits, blightown has doors that i just want to enter for cool stuff, dukes was...... underwhelming but still cool. i also wanted more for ash lake, it just felt so empty. almost useless really, it needed a proper boss, or a proper npc. maybe even a signature weapon (demons souls esk) like i know it had the dragon sword but yeah..... my favorite game excluding demons souls......and mario 64 ^_^
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:06 am

For me, 15 bucks is nothing. I spend 7.50 at starbucks daily. But that's me.

Even so, as a student, unless you love a lot of games (I don't), then 15 bucks to support a company is more than reasonable. I know it'll give me 10hrs of playtime minimum, which works to 1.50/hr. Cheap, cheap, cheap.

But the main reason I'd do it is I want to have an excuse to give FROM my money. This game blew me out of the water, and I bought it twice.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 12:38 am