Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

What if STR and poise were related?

Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

What if STR and poise were related? Empty What if STR and poise were related?

Post by Seignar Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:25 pm

Just asking, what would you think the game would be like if, to buff STR and Quality builds, the STR stat affected the amount of poise required to resist a stun?
    Like, say a Longsword had a standard poise damage of 20, but having 50 STR increased it to 30, so now you can stun easier to get more hits in. The reason DEX is > STR is because DEX increases casting speed and it has lighter weapons. I always though STR needed a bit more...
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

What if STR and poise were related? Empty Re: What if STR and poise were related?

Post by WyrmHero Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:02 pm

I like this idea very much. It would make me and my opponent unpredictable, as my 53 poise would maybe be broke by a 30 Str Claymore. But really Str weapons need hyper armor, playing DeS right now and I'm already in love with it.
    Pratix
    Pratix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

What if STR and poise were related? Empty Re: What if STR and poise were related?

Post by Pratix Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:31 pm

Wyrm, care to explain hyper armor to me? I played DeS for 100s of hours but have no clue. And is pvp still going on in DeS?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:00 pm

Yes I was dueling last night on 4-1, although a bit dead. Hyper armor happens when you swing a great hammer while 2 handed the attack doesn't get interrupted by any weapon. So if both guys went on a R1 spammage battle the one with hyper armor wins because he doesn't get interrupted and can even stunlock.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:05 pm

+1 to you seignar, this is the best idea i've seen for making str weapons worth using. This with hyper armour would make them viable options for killing stuff.

Seriously, the way From have slighted str weapons, I don't even know why they bothered including them in the game at all.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:40 pm

i actually kinda like that idea, i would love hyper armor but i know that's never gonna happen. FROM likes dex too much though, why dont they just give katanas a 200 crit while theyre there, holy **** FROM!! i dont get why i get interrupted with a damn dagger or kirk's armor while im mid swing or just about to hit my opponent only to be staggered, WTF?!!!!.....ok i feel better now. im not getting the dlc since it adds nothing big imo and borderlands two just came out and so far its freaking awesome, if you guys had doubts get it.
    Pratix
    Pratix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pratix Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:17 pm

Guys check out my post on the general disscussions, it's worth the read.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:53 am