Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Desiani
FellipeMariano
Alara78
BIG TIME MASTER
lordgodofhell
WyrmHero
Carphil
XachAttack
Forum Pirate
DoughGuy
Uparkaam
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Serious_Much
17 posters

Apparently I don't make enough threads.. So here's a thread.

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Apparently I don't make enough threads.. So here's a thread. Empty Apparently I don't make enough threads.. So here's a thread.

Post by Serious_Much Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:56 pm

Myself and errjon were discussing how we would play through DLC first time. I myself will go through it with a new build.. Maybe my pirate build to be once I finish anor Londo. He was planning to go through on ng++ with his sl200, presumably to test weapons.

How will you guys do it? Why?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Apparently I don't make enough threads.. So here's a thread. Empty Re: Apparently I don't make enough threads.. So here's a thread.

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:58 pm

'Bout time!

I'm going in with my mage first. I'm itchin' to try out those new sorceries.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Apparently I don't make enough threads.. So here's a thread. Empty Re: Apparently I don't make enough threads.. So here's a thread.

Post by Uparkaam Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:03 pm

Crestfallen warrior cosplay on NG+++++++. Because I played through the new content with a crestfallen warrior cosplay on my brothers PC already and it was fun. When the DLC comes, I want to try it on NG+++++++.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:07 pm

Gonna take Oscar thorugh it at SL 80 cause lorewise I'm pretty sure he did go through it. Also its my fave toon I've got.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:09 pm

Uparkaam wrote:Crestfallen warrior cosplay on NG+++++++. Because I played through the new content with a crestfallen warrior cosplay on my brothers PC already and it was fun. When the DLC comes, I want to try it on NG+++++++.

Sounds fun up, no spoilers though ya hear? NOT IN MY THREAD lol!

Hmm true pendant.. Maybe I'll take my pure caster in... No I way pure melee to maximise experience the sorcerers will have to wait.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:32 pm

You modled a build on me? how nice. Lol.

I'll probably use one of my 80s, probably dex/pyro.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:07 pm

I'm gonna run through with my current 120 build, with a Longsword. On both NG and NG+. Should be good fun!
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:15 pm

No idea for ideal SL right? Probably I'll go with my 80 as well, thinking about a New Londo and Four Kings difficulty.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:29 pm

See? It's not so difficult serious. I'll probably make a whole new toon with lore and anything. He will go on an adventure to seek the mysteries of the dark sorceries.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:54 pm

I have 2 builds planned. The first will be a from scratch mage that I will bring to around sl 90 by the end of the game.

The second build will be a ng8 sl 143 that I already have pre made. I will exclusively try DLC only material with this one.

I have some arena builds pre made that will only do Arena mode/random wraithing and no actual pve questing. These include buffed kat users, pure pyro, and a weird sl 60 havels great shield 0 poise rapier build.

I have NEVER done a pure mage or even picked the sorc class, so I have a feeling that he will be given the most time. No BB, No stats vested outside of Int/Attunement until at least ng+.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:16 am

If you cant decide how best to approach the DLC, best to approach from as neutral a position as possible, i.e. naked deprived unleveled.
    Alara78
    Alara78
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Alara78 Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:36 am

If you're above 50 you're probably overleveled for the area I'd say.
    FellipeMariano
    FellipeMariano
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by FellipeMariano Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:46 pm

I will probably try it with my Blackbeard build SL60 (capped to that)
    Desiani
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Desiani Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:56 pm

Every one needs more Marvelous Chester play throughs!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:13 pm

just to remind everyone, this is a no spoilers thread.

But yeah, i wonder.. is anyone thinking about using a bow for the playthrough, perhaps incoorperate a bow that we know we can get a hold of in the DLC?
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:31 pm

Serious_Much wrote:just to remind everyone, this is a no spoilers thread.

But yeah, i wonder.. is anyone thinking about using a bow for the playthrough, perhaps incoorperate a bow that we know we can get a hold of in the DLC?

I used the black bow of Pharis, but it was just a secondary weapon. Mainly for luring enemies. And I also killed Artorias with it by shooting an arrow to his groin.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:15 pm

Uparkaam wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:just to remind everyone, this is a no spoilers thread.

I used the black bow of Pharis, but it was just a secondary weapon. Mainly for luring enemies. And I also killed Artorias with it by shooting an arrow to his groin.

'attack his weak point for MASSIVE DAMAGE'

thats a quality way to kill a boss lol!
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:56 pm

I intend on playing through it with a level cap character.
    I intend on taking my sweet time and getting invaded a lot.
    prolly gonna stream it.
    That will be my run.
    Garl_Vinland
    Garl_Vinland
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Garl_Vinland Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:26 pm

I'm going using only the Greatsword of Artorias and as soon as his armor is available I'll use that too.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:27 pm

Rynn wrote:I intend on playing through it with a level cap character.
    I intend on taking my sweet time and getting invaded a lot.
    prolly gonna stream it.
    That will be my run.

So you do plan on getting it then?

Invasions should work far better on the consoles than they did on the PC, though which should be great.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:48 pm

I will be doing it with my sl 100 Artorias cosplay to be. Aside from that my noble knight and polg are both candidates. I am also considering making a dedicated Solaire cosplay since I have the required gear mostly upgraded on one toon and could get a buddy to help me get it to a new one. Also Solaire cosplays are actually decent in combat as far as I can tell. His sword is great (in my opinion), decent shield, decent armor(relatively light with decent defense), and access to some offensive miracles (I consider both lightning spear and great lightning spear fair game). But I digress. Artorias will be my first but definitely not my last is the point here.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:50 pm

Im preping my favourite Ciaran build for the Successors! Oh god ive been waiting for this for weeks!
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:07 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Im preping my favourite Ciaran build for the Successors! Oh god ive been waiting for this for weeks!
    Knights Successor for the win!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:16 pm