Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Spurgun
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
ViralEnsign_
cloudyeki
RANT
Rynn
Garl_Vinland
vatar5
Anonymous Proxy
eduardolee
CaligoIllioneus
Pesth
Gazoinks
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Dante_000
Siegfried.
21 posters

Forum Game: Guess that character!

Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Forum Game: Guess that character! Empty Forum Game: Guess that character!

Post by Siegfried. Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:36 am

The rules are simple:

• A forum member will post a character build in the Mugen Monkey Character Creator.
    • Others partaking in the game will guess until either one of their answers is confirmed to be correct or they give up.
    • The first person who posts the correct answer (after confirmation by the one who posted the build) takes a turn to provide their own character build.
    • If no-one guesses correctly and those playing subsequently give up, the person who posted the build may post another or may pass their turn off to someone else. If they don't elect someone to take their turn, but choose not to continue playing, then the first person to guess in response to their post takes the next turn.
    • An entry may not be a character from Dark Souls or Demon's Souls, but can be any character that can be adequately represented by the build system in Dark Souls. Apply creativity, but try to keep things reasonable; an interpretive version of Goku from Dragonball Z is probably fine, given fist weapons and projectile spells, but a character from Modern Warfare is unlikely to be appropriate.

Right! With that out of the way, I'll go first. This one might be a doozy, but all the information's in there!

Clicky.

Have fun, and good luck.
    Dante_000
    Dante_000
    Addicted
    Addicted

Forum Game: Guess that character! Empty Re: Forum Game: Guess that character!

Post by Dante_000 Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:50 am

Durp, didn't read that last rule, So....

Last edited by Dante_000 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:52 am

Geralt of Rivia
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:52 am

Uparkaam wrote:Geralt of Rivia

Bam. Got it.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:58 am

Here
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:01 pm

Guts from Berserk?
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:02 pm

Yeah.
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:06 pm

And another.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:43 pm

Some kind of sneaky, magic (holy?) thief.

No idea who. Probably some guy from a video game I never played.
    Gazoinks
    Gazoinks

Post by Gazoinks Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:52 pm

Aragorn?
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:57 pm

Nah, this is a guy who:

Finds treasure.
    Silent/sneaky.
    Has some kind of explosives/magic and possibly holy/electric sword.

Maybe the gold ring represents some kind of mercenary.
    Gazoinks
    Gazoinks

Post by Gazoinks Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:01 pm

Oh yeah, I didn't notice the ring. Not sure, then.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:03 pm

Previous two characters I never heard of, so I'm assuming this will follow the same trend.
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:23 pm

it isnt snake from MGS is it?
    Dante_000
    Dante_000
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dante_000 Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:24 pm

Locke from FF6?
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:31 pm

Previous two characters I never heard of, so I'm assuming this will follow the same trend.

Geralt of Rivia is the main character of The Witcher (the books and the games) and Guts is the protagonist of Berserk, a dark fantasy manga; Dark Souls took quite a bit of inspiration from it.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:36 pm

Ah. I think I saw half an episode of Berserk; my roommate watched that in college.

Watched 10 best animes; only good one was Spirited Away, and Akuma was OK, but not great, Cowboy Bebop had potential but fell flat in my books. Rest were horrible. Doesn't make sense as anime's have all this potential for fantastic scripts and storylines; just as hard to draw a building as a spaceship. Just don't see it.

Pixar movies are terrific, and I would expect something similar in terms of story/script for anime's but I just... don't.

Witcher the Game I've heard of, but that's it.
    eduardolee
    eduardolee
    Casual
    Casual

Post by eduardolee Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:35 pm

Siegfried. wrote:And another.

Ezio auditore da firenze?
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:11 pm

Gazoinks wrote:Aragorn?

That it is, but an interpretation of him from the books. Anduril would "flash with light" when its powers were needed, thus Sunlight Blade, and Wrath of the Gods is there because it represents Aragorn's presence in combat -- he could often single-handed halt a dozen adversaries. The Gold Serpent Ring was a clue, because Aragorn has a serpent ring as an heirloom of his house.

Your turn.
    Gazoinks
    Gazoinks

Post by Gazoinks Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:48 pm

Siegfried. wrote:
    Gazoinks wrote:Aragorn?

That it is, but an interpretation of him from the books. Anduril would "flash with light" when its powers were needed, thus Sunlight Blade, and Wrath of the Gods is there because it represents Aragorn's presence in combat -- he could often single-handed halt a dozen adversaries. The Gold Serpent Ring was a clue, because Aragorn has a serpent ring as an heirloom of his house.

Your turn.
    Wow, I was right. Alright, lemee get a guy up. Watch this post.
    EDIT: Sorry for the delay, had to eat. Here's an easy one: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4509490201071664
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:41 pm

Link.

He come to town
    He come to save
    the Princess Zelda

Very interesting use of clues, too. If I'm right and it's Link, I like how you gave him 18 intelligence; it's useless on the build, but the 18 intelligence matches the 18 faith -- and that's a requirement of two of the three Artorias swords. And we all know that Link is half Robin Hood, half King Arthur, and that Artorias is Dark Souls' sneaky insertion of King Arthur into its own mythology.
    Gazoinks
    Gazoinks

Post by Gazoinks Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:18 pm

Siegfried. wrote:Link.

He come to town
    He come to save
    the Princess Zelda

Very interesting use of clues, too. If I'm right and it's Link, I like how you gave him 18 intelligence; it's useless on the build, but the 18 intelligence matches the 18 faith -- and that's a requirement of two of the three Artorias swords. And we all know that Link is half Robin Hood, half King Arthur, and that Artorias is Dark Souls' sneaky insertion of King Arthur into its own mythology.
    Right-o. And apparently my subconscious is smarter than me, because I totally didn't think of that. x] Good eye, though.
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:24 pm

Alrighty, let's see if you guys can get this one. Might be a little tougher than the others, but then again, Geralt was guessed almost off the bat, so what do I know?

Here we are.

Last edited by Siegfried. on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:12 am

It looks like the guy from Journey. That one game. << Only reason I say this is because he is using a scimitar, which might represent the sand area warriors.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:32 pm

For the same reason as my NFA(Neighbour from above),it could be Alibaba.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:51 pm