Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Marino.
blackphantom08
BrotherBob
7 posters

Pursuers in PvP

BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Pursuers in PvP Empty Pursuers in PvP

Post by BrotherBob Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:07 pm

I'm the PS3, but I was wondering about how the new Pursuers sorcery, from the PTDE, plays like in PvP. From the videos I've seen, it kind of reminds me of that spell the Four Kings like to use in that it's relatively slow and curves around corners like a boss. This got me thinking: is it going to be a fun little gadget for sorcerers or will it become the scourge of PvP by tipping the balance in favor of sorcerers.
    blackphantom08
    blackphantom08
    Addicted
    Addicted

Pursuers in PvP Empty Re: Pursuers in PvP

Post by blackphantom08 Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:28 pm

BrotherBob wrote:I'm the PS3, but I was wondering about how the new Pursuers sorcery, from the PTDE, plays like in PvP. From the videos I've seen, it kind of reminds me of that spell the Four Kings like to use in that it's relatively slow and curves around corners like a boss. This got me thinking: is it going to be a fun little gadget for sorcerers or will it become the scourge of PvP by tipping the balance in favor of sorcerers.
    i have been thinking the same :shock:
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:32 pm

Hey, youre still here big grin

Its simliar to Homing Soul Mass but takes longer to cast .

Once activated several little ghost thingies chase you for a good Time , they can be deflected by Force/Silver Pendant but its no good Idea because of the ineviteable lag (I got killed several times trying this). You can also let them crash into walls .
    But i got killed by seemingly crashed HSM and Pursuers while not being able to see them , it never happened on Consoles before so Shrug

Its hard to dodge at first and they do a lot of Damage and take a lot of Stamina if blocked . But we wil learn how to deal with it in time. Just like we did with Wrath of the Gods
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:38 pm

Spoiler:
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:40 pm

ChaosMoogle wrote:

Spoiler:

From what i heard Ring of Fog doesnt work . Hidden Body does , but the caster can still activate them via Silver Pendant Sun
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:49 pm

Marino. wrote:
    ChaosMoogle wrote:

Spoiler:

From what i heard Ring of Fog doesnt work . Hidden Body does , but the caster can still activate them via Silver Pendant Sun

Ring of Fog reduces the target range by like 80%, so they have to be really close to you for the spell to activate, which also means in range of whatever weapon/spells you have happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1d-qH_4PL0

Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:52 pm

ChaosMoogle wrote:
    Marino. wrote:
    ChaosMoogle wrote:

Spoiler:

Ring of Fog reduces the target range by like 80%, so they have to be really close to you for the spell to activate, which also means in range of whatever weapon/spells you have happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1d-qH_4PL0

Ah fancy that.
    Here, have some rep for that silly
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:55 pm

Haha, thanks!! Though I'm sure I don't deserve it silly It's a shame really....I can't wait to get my Magey hands all over that spell, it just looks so cool. I'm glad that with that and the other new spells, Sorcery is actually viable in PvP now and has an AoE happy
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:10 pm

Sorcery is going to become more devastating when used, which means all the tryhards will start using it instead of WoG. It will be a major killer at first, but we will quickly overcome it's strengths and crush our enemies beneath our boots.

Rolling through it is actually rather viable, however you might recall, at one point the playerbase had difficulty rolling through WoTG too, and so it will take us a while to adjust to the new timing.
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:16 pm

@Marino and ChaosMoogle: Thanks for the input! It was noted that the Pursuers could be stopped by having them crash into walls, but the onlt issue is that there are a few PvP hotspot locations where this might be a bit difficult to achieve (ex. the Flat Rooftop Area of Anor Londo - in the same building as O&S).
    @ChaosMoogle: I think that Sorceries are pretty viable now for PvP as long as one can perfect timing and predict the actions of one's opponent. Also, Dark Anor Londo is where HCSM really shines in my opinion. Though the lock-on range seems to be decreased, the soul masses seem to activate at the same distance as everywhere else (in my experience). So your opponent could potentially lose their lock-on while your soul masses activate, making it more difficult for your opponent to dodge them.
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:17 pm

Yeah, I think all the new spells will be rather easy to avoid when used to them, and in theory they should be easier to avoid than WotG (Pursuers being the exception). It's nice that From has recognised the problems with single projectile spells though, which is really all sorcery had up until the DLC.

Last edited by ChaosMoogle on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:17 pm

Does the "dark magic" of PTDE do the same type of magic damage as "regular" magic?
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:21 pm

It is hinted in some Descriptions that they do Physical Damage .
    However when blocked by a shield with 100% Phys Resistance you still take damage . So its probably just Magic Damage
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:31 pm

Well that is interesting. I guess people better start wearing more magic resistant armor once PTDE comes out on consoles.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:47 pm

I don't have PTDE yet, but from what i've seen i'm pretty happy with the new spells, even if all the tryhards do use them. It makes pure int builds far more viable.
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:55 pm

Shakie666 wrote:I don't have PTDE yet, but from what i've seen i'm pretty happy with the new spells, even if all the tryhards do use them. It makes pure int builds far more viable.
    There is a fallback though. Currently int builds can enjoy the stun-locking benefits of the MLGS. Apparently, that will be nerfed with the new patch. So, we might end up seeing int builds do more spell-casting instead of melee.
    tofucactaur
    tofucactaur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tofucactaur Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:56 pm

it is really pretty cool that using the new pendant after you have cast pursuers sends them off, just cool attention to detail that makes me love from. it looks rad also

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:41 am