Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Composite bow curving to the right?

bradmason2k10

Composite bow curving to the right? Empty Composite bow curving to the right?

Post by bradmason2k10 Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:33 am

Is anyone else having the following problem, or is it a mechanic built into the game? Basically, when i fire an arrow using a composite bow, the arrow curves off to the right by quite a large margin. I'm basically having to aim the reticule off the enemy to the left for it to hit? I'm using Large arrows, and I'm doing a soul level 1 run using the warrior class if any of that helps. Just seems like a right pain trying to get the right aim for every shot.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Composite bow curving to the right? Empty Re: Composite bow curving to the right?

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:38 am

All the bows have error built in. Better range generally lessens it. You're basically set with the worst case scenario with what you described. If you're often shooting st ranges that make the error noticeable you might be better with a range setup. Once you start seeing the pull your damage might be dropping off too. Example: Black bow of pharis with hawk ring and feather arrows (not sure if dlc has a better set) will do full damage with a damn far range.

Last edited by skarekrow13 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Composite bow curving to the right? Empty Re: Composite bow curving to the right?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:40 am

This is normal.

What skare said is correct.
    bradmason2k10

Post by bradmason2k10 Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:41 am

So equipping feather arrows with the hawk eye ring should help keep this to a minimum?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:43 am

Lol. Just edited. Yup
    bradmason2k10

Post by bradmason2k10 Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:45 am

Sweet, cheers. Like I said I'm limited to what i can use, 'cos I'm doing a SL1 run lol but with the warrior class I can just about use the composite bow.

Oh, also one more thing. When I start doing upgrades, because the composite bow isn't going to scale with anything (on account of me doing a sl1 run and not levelling any skills) would it be better to choose the raw upgrade path for the bow?
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:53 am

go fire and use fire arrows dude
    bradmason2k10

Post by bradmason2k10 Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:01 am

Oh yeah, forgot about fire lol, might do raw until i get to the blacksmith who does fire.

Also, I have to apologise for being a complete moron. I have only just realised that choosing to start as the warrior means I'm not doing a SL1 run, but a SL4 run -.-' So I've adapted it to instead simply doing a "Don't level up once after choosing a starting character" run lol. Not as impressive but still silly
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:11 am

Still better than my 70 something run big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:01 am