Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
Nybbles
OrnsteinBro
Buggy Virus
eduardolee
TheMeInTeam
WandererReece
passivefamiliar
Onion Knight
Brokewilly
xSomax
Odinbear
Seignar
JoeBroski09
Doelker
Espada Muerta
Emergence
IV_Mark_VI
BIG TIME MASTER
befowler
BrotherBob
Mr. Tart
fujiphoenix
FruitPunchNinja
tofucactaur
Pratix
ChaosMoogle
billy_bayonet
Krasouski
vatar5
DoughGuy
mugenis4real
35 posters

FROM placed a punishment for trying to glitch in the patch

TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

FROM placed a punishment for trying to glitch in the patch - Page 3 Empty Re: FROM placed a punishment for trying to glitch in the patch

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:25 pm

I have mixed feelings on this. If it were hacking or pirating, then From can and should do literally anything it wants to troll them.

However, in-game glitches are a different matter. They're definitely cheating, but the gray area here is the harm in it.

I'm still leaning towards the idea that it's 100% fine to punish people for glitching...but in this case, From could potentially wind up penalizing some non-glitchers (or, at least people who did it unintentionally/without knowing it existed...after all SOMEONE found this glitch originally) which is totally unacceptable.
    eduardolee
    eduardolee
    Casual
    Casual

FROM placed a punishment for trying to glitch in the patch - Page 3 Empty Re: FROM placed a punishment for trying to glitch in the patch

Post by eduardolee Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:37 pm

The guilty pay the price,bro! twisted
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:45 pm

THIS ISN'T A PUNISHMENT!

THIS IS A NEW CHALLENGE!

ONWARDS MY CHALLENGE PLAYERS!
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:05 am

BrotherBob wrote:
    In an ideal universe, that would be true (and it would be great if it was). However, let's look at the facts. From is not some huge firm, so it would risk too much by doing something like "punish" glitchers. For example, Will Ferrell wouldn't have even thought of making a movie like Casa de Mi Padre towards the beginning of his career. Instead, he made that movie when he was already an established actor/comedian. Likewise, From (like any other video game developer) would likely find it more comfortable to wait until it is more established to pull a stunt like punishing glitchers.

You have a point. FROM is not a big firm, at least not compared to some gaming companies out there (I am pretty sure Dark and Demon's Souls are their most popular IPs, and even then Demon's doesn't belong to them, it belongs to Sony).

Punishing the guilty is well-deserved and all that, but I still want my third Souls installment. I'd rather not From risk its profits (and, by extension, its livelihood) trying to destroy a glitch that doesn't actually harm anyone else. At least punish the guys who try the dragon head machine gun glitch again, if anything. :bom:
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:36 am

i don't actually think that this is FROM punishing players who try to glitch, i think FROM is more clever than this. they would do something like having maxed out black phantoms hunt down the players, wait, they did do that twisted

i think that the reason any payer is even tempted to use dupe glitches and the like is because farming is boring as hell and a waste of time. it's my personal feeling that in a game like Dark Souls, you should be able to purchase anything that could be farmed from enemies. they already did this by adding twinklings to the giant blacksmith's shop and it's awesome, but i still have to farm for days to get the slabs i need or to find certain weapons (stupid swag sword, trident blah blah blah). either allow a player to purchase farmable items or allow a limited duping "glitch" or some sort of storage chest that will carry items over to a new toon on the same account or something.

things like the Kiln glitch should be patched out of the game so they aren't allowable, don't punish players for attempting it.

hackers and trainers should be punished in mean and clever ways. like Max Payne 3, that was pure genius.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:48 am

Time to curse some glitched worlds...
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:09 pm

It kinda sounds like all your weapons are permanently broken, especially if they act that way in other people's games.
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:04 pm

I don't think its' funny that you wasted so much time. I don't agree with using exploits and cheats in PVP since they directly affect other players, though.

To be honest, though, I think that FROM probably coded the game in such a way that the effects you are seeing were not intentional. Going by the way they patched the Dragonhead exploit, they usually don't directly punish players but just make it so the exploit doesn't work. I'd say you probably glitched your character somehow.

i think that the reason any payer is even tempted to use dupe glitches and the like is because farming is boring as hell and a waste of time. it's my personal feeling that in a game like Dark Souls, you should be able to purchase anything that could be farmed from enemies. they already did this by adding twinklings to the giant blacksmith's shop and it's awesome, but i still have to farm for days to get the slabs i need or to find certain weapons (stupid swag sword, trident blah blah blah). either allow a player to purchase farmable items or allow a limited duping "glitch" or some sort of storage chest that will carry items over to a new toon on the same account or something.

I agree with this. I became a fan of this series because I hate grinding and appreciate games that are skill-based. Farming detracts from the skills needed to master the game and put the onus on repetitive, boring activities. Hopefully, FROM will fine tune their combat mechanics, put more time into their spell casting system and adjust their approach to scaling to really push the series into the next level.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:31 pm

I seriously doubt that FROM had anything to do with this, and am more inclined to believe that your actions caused your game to glitch a bit more than you were intending. lol

If I were you I'd cut my loses, start a new character just to make sure that this is not a permanent nerf, and if it's not would then look to reloading my nerfed character grateful in the knowledge that I'd inadvertedly created a unique challenge run. twisted

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:36 am