Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
FruitPunchNinja
xelectrowolfx
mankind
ViralEnsign_
DarkW17
FinPeku
roanispe
WyrmHero
Juutas
Ghadis_God
eduardolee
bopjo1
Glutebrah
iGBx
>Brave<
goober0331
DoughGuy
PervertQ
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
The Letter X
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
tofucactaur
26 posters

ARENA LEADERBOARDS wtf?!

XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

ARENA LEADERBOARDS wtf?! - Page 3 Empty Re: ARENA LEADERBOARDS wtf?!

Post by XachAttack Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:54 pm

The only spear I use now is the Partizan, only for it's sweeping attacks lol. I tried out a few spears and it just wasn't my thing.

Goober and Glute, stop fighting, it's pointless as you will never agree with eachother.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:54 pm

StockpileThomas wrote:What about piercing swords, are those "okay" to use?

Shrug

all weapons are ok to use, i just say Spears are nearly impossible (bad lag changes everything of course) to lose with if you follow my 3 simple steps. and just get frustrated when people who primarily use spears try and make it seem that spears are not overpowered and there are so many counters for them (as i learned in this thread the best counter for a spear is to use a spear and turtle!)
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:55 pm

Haha, piercing swords are cool (BSS is annoying though but that's just me I guess) big grin
    hell...you can even use spear for all I care, but don't expect to get respect from anyone using them.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:56 pm

XachAttack wrote:The only spear I use now is the Partizan, only for it's sweeping attacks lol. I tried out a few spears and it just wasn't my thing.

Goober and Glute, stop fighting, it's pointless as you will never agree with eachother.

Goober actually agrees with me and makes everything i say valid (though i dont think he realizes it) he just thinks that turtling a spear with spear to end a match in a draw/stale mate is considered an effective counter.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:58 pm

Grabs his SKS......fine im outta here I got some poking to do silly

Wow guys take it easy seems like this debate is getting a little intense....I don't have problems with spears I don't often use them and when I face them I just do my best to get outta the match alive!

A poke and flip away style can be one of the hardest to overcome...I usually stick to a bow and great scythe....if you stay unlocked and run all over the place with well timed running R1's you will jump right over the spear and often win or lose its tough to say really!

Besides that a well times DWGR roll BS is about all I can think of lol!!

Last edited by DarkW17 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:00 pm

Glutebrah wrote:
    XachAttack wrote:The only spear I use now is the Partizan, only for it's sweeping attacks lol. I tried out a few spears and it just wasn't my thing.

Goober actually agrees with me and makes everything i say valid (though i dont think he realizes it) he just thinks that turtling a spear with spear to end a match in a draw/stale mate is considered an effective counter.

If you say so. Frankly, I agree with you on that one though, outside of the arena that wouldn't really do anything.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:02 pm

Only tactic against spears I've come up with is: turtle the fudge out them and when they get sloppy, slip in a nice backstab.
    Sometimes I just turtle for eternity to annoy them as much as I can lol!
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:08 pm

im never going to use any spears besides the moonlight horn and the ptich fork any more, oh if turteling is the answer against a spear what if they're using the pure magic damage moon horn? unless you're using havels great shield they'll poke you to death through your shield, plus some people can dead angle with spears (partizan usually but regular strikes too...), and don't say crest shield cause that thing can't turtle. and any spear user with brains in the dlc keeps black flame in the off hand to blow away turtle shields, it'd take like 2-3 casts to negate a great shield and bf is fast...
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:11 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:im never going to use any spears besides the moonlight horn and the ptich fork any more, oh if turteling is the answer against a spear what if they're using the pure magic damage moon horn? unless you're using havels great shield they'll poke you to death through your shield, plus some people can dead angle with spears (partizan usually but regular strikes too...), and don't say crest shield cause that thing can't turtle. and any spear user with brains in the dlc keeps black flame in the off hand to blow away turtle shields, it'd take like 2-3 casts to negate a great shield and bf is fast...

Yeah... I ran into a SKS user with Black Flame and Great Combustion at the ready. I managed to kill him once, but he killed me about five times... Not fun.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:18 pm

Ya I mean I agree with you guys that turtling isn't the answer....and I'm not going to turtle or run for any win streak lol!

Beside what I already meantioned I would have to say I do something like Juutas said and be defensive and then go for a well timed BS....Maybe I have yet to face DKS best spear user but I have faced some good ones...even the best miss time an attack enough that I have been able to get a roll BS...or get greedy once when I lower my shield and let them hit me to setup a parry ect!

Spears can be a real challenge I will agree with that tho!

In one of my streaks I got past 2 sks turtle pokers and 2 DSS poke flippers....they all fell to my great scythe lol...only to loose to a WOG prusuers guy...the arena can be really frusterating and fun!!

Last edited by DarkW17 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:20 pm

I feel bad about my new build now..... Zwei buffed, and if thats not fast enough a pike buffed...... uggghhh

But the guy does look classy....
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:34 pm

Lol I guess I kind of left out 1 important part.....DON'T GIVE THEM THE REACH ADVANTAGE...I get right in there face and put the pressure on with my shield up...then drop my shield and BS before they can attack or be close enough to get the roll BS...you also have to be close to get the parry...I also have 1 cast GC and 1 cast BF to break gaurd and a tracer to bleed if needed!
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:25 pm

yea getting close is usually what wins the fight with a spear, but a "smart" spear user will never attack if you are close range and will just back pedal flip away to create distance.

spear users that try and poke when you are close range are not the issue, they are easy to fight, still annoying but they aren't that bad.

its the ones that only attack at max range no more then 1 time and flip away allowing you to never close the gap.

i never said spears are unbeatable, i said spears played a certain way are unbeatable.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:51 pm

Ya for sure I agree 100% that tatic is very frusterating and tough to beat...but its not unbeatable IMO!!

I guess I would still stick to the Great scythe as the best to combat those people...because you can both keep your distance and the GS will go over the 1st spear attack but you'll eat at least one shot when you attack...it also closes the gap like no other weapon...the reason it is effective is because the GS running R1 does 500 dmg and a DSS is more like 250 ish!

I keep going back to the GS because you can come from the side in the air to attack and there spear won't get you and if they block it dead angles like crazy!

Don't get me wrong tho it doesn't always work...but I guess my point is no strategy is unbeatable...in most cases the smarter more adaptable player will win...if my GS isn't working I have no problems changing to a SKS and DWGR and having a flip poke match if thats what it takes to get past them(in the arena)!!

I keep a 6lb load out on my main weapon for just this reason GS>Halbert>CB>SKS only 4 main weapons i use in the arena!
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:29 pm

I find myself parrying the "shorter" spears quite often, but I just can't get those long ones and that's why the range is a huge problem for me at times.
    xelectrowolfx
    xelectrowolfx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xelectrowolfx Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:03 pm

Glutebrah wrote:
    goober0331 wrote:Beating a 2h fast rolling spear user is *** easy!!! I dont know how many times I have to say this, and others have said it, except it just goes one ear and out the other for certain people in this thread.

TURTLE WITH A SPEAR!!! The opponent will give you NO PROBLEMS!!!

EVEN IF YOU CANT WIN THE MATCH, DONT LOOSE!!!!!! LIVE TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY!!!! KEEP THE STREAK GOING!!!!

And to say that a counter does not involve using a similar weapon against your opponent is downright idiotic. OHHH its not a "true counter", its not some magical thing that makes the fight easy as ****. A counter can BE ANYTHING THAT WORKS EFFECTIVELY AGAINST A CERTAIN WEAPON/TACTIC. Just because it has the same name, or style DOES NOT MEAN it isnt a counter. Why do you guys have that insane stubborn way of thinking.

Come on people, just because your experiences in certain fights falls outside the realm of your knowledge, DOES NOT MEAN AT ALL that certain weapons/tactics dont work. Your being ignorant in thinking in x's and o's, and not possibilities.

ARENA LEADERBOARDS wtf?! - Page 3 X8JZ9

using a spear against a spear is not a counter, its a "if you can't beat them join them". Saying the only way to beat a spear is with a spear is just stating my point even more that a spear is the most powerful weapon in the game if the only weapon that can beat a spear is a spear.

i don't expect some one who thinks spears take skill, and can only win with spears to understand that.
    during my 32 streak i encountered about 10 ninja flipping magic using, spear users... all fell to my zwiehander. Spears are not the only counter to spears, its going to their level. Honestly I ussually only liked to use my greatsword, but when encountered with SOOOOO many spear users, it was just very innafective, the zwiehander has enough reach to put em down for good. And considering my streak was ended by a havel flipping zwiehander user with a hornet ring. I'd say the Zwiehander is the best weapon all around..

ALSO not naming any names but a guy named serqet that was on the sl 99 leaderboards in 8th place that had 99 all stats 4000hp and 1000 stamina as shown to the world by showing the details just got banned from XBLA, his name completely dissapeared. GG MICROSOFT, keep it up!

BTW congrats Juutas, didnt realize you were a forum guy too, im xbla and in 8th for duels. Not sure if i have dueled you yet however.
    I did duel the #1 guy, OMG i couldnt stop laughing at how much he spammed black flame xD. Guess you have to be cheap to get to the top. Or have a dexterity build. I think im the only Quality build at the top at the moment. Everyone else is a dexterity only or a magic build spamming the new spells.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:39 pm

Dang, and I was 2 spots above you wolf. Guess I'll have to try harder over the week.

Oh and the guy you named that was hacking is currently number 38.
    tofucactaur
    tofucactaur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tofucactaur Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:12 am

omg i am seriously over the arena today.....FAR OUT IT SUCKS i am ONLY facing people BS fishing the WHOLE TIME or spamming bead and pursuers far out, today and yesterday are SUCH different experiences I am getting OVER this game
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:02 am

tofucactaur wrote:omg i am seriously over the arena today.....FAR OUT IT SUCKS i am ONLY facing people BS fishing the WHOLE TIME or spamming bead and pursuers far out, today and yesterday are SUCH different experiences I am getting OVER this game

It went to hell really fast yeah...you don't believe the amount of s*it I had to deal with on my 49 streak. Pure hell at times, so much annoying builds. Of course there were good players too in the mix, but at least half of them are players with some cheap stuff up their sleeve.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:18 am

Lol I tend to agree there's a new 2nd place psn guy with like a 195 streak I fought him twice and ended up blocking him....he spammed like 30 spells then runs away like a chump when he gets a win....guess that makes you a pro Look Skyward
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:27 am

xelectrowolfx wrote:
    during my 32 streak i encountered about 10 ninja flipping magic using, spear users... all fell to my zwiehander. Spears are not the only counter to spears, its going to their level. Honestly I ussually only liked to use my greatsword, but when encountered with SOOOOO many spear users, it was just very innafective, the zwiehander has enough reach to put em down for good. And considering my streak was ended by a havel flipping zwiehander user with a hornet ring. I'd say the Zwiehander is the best weapon all around..

i never said a spear will never lose, people keep thinking that is what i mean. i said if a spear played a certain way will never lose. most spear users don't play that way. but if some one is up a win with a spear they play that way and it is next to impossible to even land a hit on them because they out range you and constantly flip backwards.

the zwei has great reach for its rolling R1 i assume that is how you did most of your damage, and if so that was just a bad spear user not flipping away every time you rolled. but just normal 2 hand swings? unless he was hitting R1 more then once or there was bad lag i don't see how he got hit if he kept my self max range.

and personally i never faced some one in the arena who didnt Spear turtle as soon as i landed 2-3 hits, which is why i dislike it
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:23 pm

I know what your saying Glute if someone sticks to there guns with that strategy its next to impossible to beat them...but ya once I rocked them abit most of them switched and turtled me also!

A Great scythe R2 really catches your opponents attention lol and you can't turtle against a GS....2 2H R2's will break your gaurd and stagger you the 3rd will do about 700 dmg....I pair it will a tracer and its a fun combo!

Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:41 pm

DarkW17 wrote:I know what your saying Glute if someone sticks to there guns with that strategy its next to impossible to beat them...but ya once I rocked them abit most of them switched and turtled me also!

A Great scythe R2 really catches your opponents attention lol and you can't turtle against a GS....2 2H R2's will break your gaurd and stagger you the 3rd will do about 700 dmg....I pair it will a tracer and its a fun combo!

i should try the GS next against a turtle spear, i am OK with that weapon i don't like using it, does to much damage in a swing
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:04 pm

Lol with some of the low HP out there 2 2H R2's are one shotting people with gold pine!!

I always starts my fights with a halbert tho and switch according to what I see when I drop down!!
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:26 pm

tofucactaur wrote:omg i am seriously over the arena today.....FAR OUT IT SUCKS i am ONLY facing people BS fishing the WHOLE TIME or spamming bead and pursuers far out, today and yesterday are SUCH different experiences I am getting OVER this game

I'm with ya. I might get back into invading.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:16 pm