Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Reaperfan
Onion Knight
Derpwraith
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
king leonidas
9 posters

    new archstone in nex

    king leonidas
    king leonidas
    Casual
    Casual


    Posts : 51
    Reputation : -4
    Join date : 2012-10-28
    Age : 41
    Location : cabot

    new archstone in nex Empty new archstone in nex

    Post by king leonidas Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:34 am

    in my honest opinion i would to see a dlc for the broken archstone in the nex just saying.......
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster


    Posts : 3627
    Reputation : 144
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 30
    Location : World 4-2 Demon Souls

    new archstone in nex Empty Re: new archstone in nex

    Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:58 am

    its the land of giants, many people have postulated that it references darksouls as anorlondo/ lordran in general are the land of giants (tomb of the giants, anorlondo, the abyss which may account for how lordrans archstone was busted etc.)
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed


    Posts : 651
    Reputation : -23
    Join date : 2012-06-15
    Age : 110
    Location : The Abyss, tending to Kaathe.

    new archstone in nex Empty Re: new archstone in nex

    Post by Derpwraith Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:19 am

    sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:its the land of giants, many people have postulated that it references darksouls as anorlondo/ lordran in general are the land of giants (tomb of the giants, anorlondo, the abyss which may account for how lordrans archstone was busted etc.)
    I think that the area where you encounter the dragon god after defeating the vanguard is, in fact, the Land of the Giants.

    Its not the same area where you fight the Dragon God in 2-3, its a volcanic wasteland with the sky covered in dark ominous clouds. There is a path that seems walkable at your left if you're standing about 2 feet away from where the cutscene will trigger, which means that if the Dragon God was not in the way, you would be able to go further.
    king leonidas
    king leonidas
    Casual
    Casual


    Posts : 51
    Reputation : -4
    Join date : 2012-10-28
    Age : 41
    Location : cabot

    new archstone in nex Empty Re: new archstone in nex

    Post by king leonidas Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:31 am

    ok to answer you all no land of giants is not a part with demons souls to us in our hearts it is but the creators done said dark souls is NOT a sequel nor have anything to do with demons souls its just a brand new game. so please dont leave me a comment on saying dark souls is the part two please..............now again i would like to see a DLC for demons souls to explain the broken arcstone in the nex...
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1046
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-05-25
    Age : 30
    Location : Great Britain

    new archstone in nex Empty Re: new archstone in nex

    Post by Onion Knight Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:52 pm

    I think they just cut it out , sorta like Oolacile in Dark Souls. Probably weren't satisfied with the content. I'm personally glad they didn't just chuck it out as a DLC like they did with Oolacile. Oh welp , can't have everything.
    king leonidas
    king leonidas
    Casual
    Casual


    Posts : 51
    Reputation : -4
    Join date : 2012-10-28
    Age : 41
    Location : cabot

    new archstone in nex Empty Re: new archstone in nex

    Post by king leonidas Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:30 pm

    well i am a big gamer man so i would give anything to play demons souls again with a dlc i prob wont ever be done with either of the two games(dark souls/demons souls) so come on new area's
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1046
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-05-25
    Age : 30
    Location : Great Britain

    new archstone in nex Empty Re: new archstone in nex

    Post by Onion Knight Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:05 pm

    I'd rather a new game. It's refreshing amongst all these repetitive sequels and DLC that each souls game is different. Not that I'd mind if they did, but it's not going to happen with a 3 year old game. Way the industry goes I'm afraid.
    king leonidas
    king leonidas
    Casual
    Casual


    Posts : 51
    Reputation : -4
    Join date : 2012-10-28
    Age : 41
    Location : cabot

    new archstone in nex Empty Re: new archstone in nex

    Post by king leonidas Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:17 pm

    negative people like you is the reason it would just be a new game
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1046
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-05-25
    Age : 30
    Location : Great Britain

    new archstone in nex Empty Re: new archstone in nex

    Post by Onion Knight Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:25 pm

    What? The reason there won't be a DLC is because of the fact there's a more current game out. From Software are only a small developer ; they can't just throw money at projects. A DLC for this game now , would just result in financial loss. I don't know how it's my responsibility, I don't control the game industry. Geez.
    king leonidas
    king leonidas
    Casual
    Casual


    Posts : 51
    Reputation : -4
    Join date : 2012-10-28
    Age : 41
    Location : cabot

    new archstone in nex Empty Re: new archstone in nex

    Post by king leonidas Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:48 pm

    well i got news i know i damn sure would and so does alot of the true demons souls fans how do i know????everyone thought dark souls was a sequel to the point they had to say no its not i know i would pay for a dlc to demons souls and i promise you would to and so would alllll the true fans...i seen post on here hey i just beat dark souls should i buy demons souls? just saying
    king leonidas
    king leonidas
    Casual
    Casual


    Posts : 51
    Reputation : -4
    Join date : 2012-10-28
    Age : 41
    Location : cabot

    new archstone in nex Empty Re: new archstone in nex

    Post by king leonidas Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:51 pm

    NOTE: if any owners to this website or anyone with the hands on making this possible if you need a story line i have wrote one if your interested email me zeppelinn30@yahoo.com
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1046
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-05-25
    Age : 30
    Location : Great Britain

    new archstone in nex Empty Re: new archstone in nex

    Post by Onion Knight Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:26 pm

    If you want to contact From Software send them an email. If you want to drum up support then go to the official forums: http://forums.demonssouls.info/ . This is just a fan made Dark Souls wiki. Hope this helps.
    king leonidas
    king leonidas
    Casual
    Casual


    Posts : 51
    Reputation : -4
    Join date : 2012-10-28
    Age : 41
    Location : cabot

    new archstone in nex Empty Re: new archstone in nex

    Post by king leonidas Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:01 pm

    oh i am so sorry then and thank you for that man from the bottom of my heart thank you.i have notebooks upon notebooks from my dungeon and dragon playing years on pencil and paper stories i have wrote some i think are good some i am not sure of but thanks helps alot
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1046
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-05-25
    Age : 30
    Location : Great Britain

    new archstone in nex Empty Re: new archstone in nex

    Post by Onion Knight Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:05 pm

    It's ok. I may not think it possible that it will ever happen , however I hope you find what you seek.
    Umbasa.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster


    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 33
    Location : Canterlot

    new archstone in nex Empty Re: new archstone in nex

    Post by Reaperfan Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:22 am

    There's a few reasons there won't be any DLC, the biggest ones being that Demon's Souls is an old game by now, it didn't sell very well, and Sony owns the rights to Demon's Souls instead of FROM Software. FROM no longer has legal rights to create anything for Demon's Souls without getting approval from Sony, and Sony won't give the okay on spending more money on an outdated game that was technically a commercial flop.

    king leonidas wrote:land of giants is not a part with demons souls to us in our hearts it is but the creators done said dark souls is NOT a sequel nor have anything to do with demons souls its just a brand new game. so please dont leave me a comment on saying dark souls is the part two please

    And I'd like to bring up a point you may find interesting. Originally, Dark Souls was in fact planned as a Demon's Souls 2, however, the previously mentioned "Sony owns the Demon's Souls IP" didn't come into play until after development had already taken place. The reason FROM has said that Dark Souls isn't connected to Demon's Souls is because they had to for legal reasons. It's not just in our hearts that we wanted it to be connected, it was in FROM's hearts as well. There are so, so many little details, clues, and themes in Dark Souls that connect it to Demon's Souls that make it harder to believe the two games aren't connected. I don't feel like writing too many paragraphs in a single post, so I won't elaborate on the specific connections right now, but if you want me to go into more detail on what they are I can winking
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed


    Posts : 577
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-05-23
    Age : 28
    Location : Buffalo, NY

    new archstone in nex Empty Re: new archstone in nex

    Post by Bcc17 Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:55 am

    Reaperfan wrote:There's a few reasons there won't be any DLC, the biggest ones being that Demon's Souls is an old game by now, it didn't sell very well, and Sony owns the rights to Demon's Souls instead of FROM Software. FROM no longer has legal rights to create anything for Demon's Souls without getting approval from Sony, and Sony won't give the okay on spending more money on an outdated game that was technically a commercial flop.

    king leonidas wrote:land of giants is not a part with demons souls to us in our hearts it is but the creators done said dark souls is NOT a sequel nor have anything to do with demons souls its just a brand new game. so please dont leave me a comment on saying dark souls is the part two please

    And I'd like to bring up a point you may find interesting. Originally, Dark Souls was in fact planned as a Demon's Souls 2, however, the previously mentioned "Sony owns the Demon's Souls IP" didn't come into play until after development had already taken place. The reason FROM has said that Dark Souls isn't connected to Demon's Souls is because they had to for legal reasons. It's not just in our hearts that we wanted it to be connected, it was in FROM's hearts as well. There are so, so many little details, clues, and themes in Dark Souls that connect it to Demon's Souls that make it harder to believe the two games aren't connected. I don't feel like writing too many paragraphs in a single post, so I won't elaborate on the specific connections right now, but if you want me to go into more detail on what they are I can winking

    Please do!
    king leonidas
    king leonidas
    Casual
    Casual


    Posts : 51
    Reputation : -4
    Join date : 2012-10-28
    Age : 41
    Location : cabot

    new archstone in nex Empty Re: new archstone in nex

    Post by king leonidas Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:41 pm

    again i go by the creators words not a fan show me a video of them saying its a part 2 you cant i can show you a video where they said we made dark souls as just a "brand new game" from their mouth.it has nothing to do with demons souls again that was from their mouth
    king leonidas
    king leonidas
    Casual
    Casual


    Posts : 51
    Reputation : -4
    Join date : 2012-10-28
    Age : 41
    Location : cabot

    new archstone in nex Empty Re: new archstone in nex

    Post by king leonidas Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:45 pm

    but yes there are alot like patches monk helmet slightly different i see hat your saying but i still want a dlc for it badly or another video game where we could inport our demons souls avatars to keep buffing thats what i was hoping for in dark souls alright we get to inport our char. sweeeeeet then seen the video and was sad....
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 295
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-09-07

    new archstone in nex Empty Re: new archstone in nex

    Post by Deathsitexxi Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:04 am

    king leonidas wrote:again i go by the creators words not a fan show me a video of them saying its a part 2 you cant i can show you a video where they said we made dark souls as just a "brand new game" from their mouth.it has nothing to do with demons souls again that was from their mouth

    Found this in an interview while looking up some other information. the P is Miyazaki himself....

    (I): Lets get onto the story related questions. Is there any connection to Demon's Soul?
    (P): I'll be yelled at if I don't say no.
    (I): But there are people who hint that
    (P): It must be a coincidence
    (IMP): lol
    (P): Well I am making it... I'm already getting flak just by saying its a coincidence but
    there is no connection. no No connection, really no connection
    (IMP): lol
    (I): The more you explain it, the more it sounds like a lie. XD
    (M): There are special circumstances
    http://pastebin.com/4axrD3nW
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed


    Posts : 1798
    Reputation : 61
    Join date : 2012-07-10

    new archstone in nex Empty Re: new archstone in nex

    Post by WandererReece Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:19 am

    king leonidas wrote:in my honest opinion i would to see a dlc for the broken archstone in the nex just saying.......

    First I thought that archstone would be where the last boss fight would be located. Then I thought that would be where Dark Souls would be located. Now I know it's just a broken archstone. :|

    king leonidas wrote:The creators done said dark souls is NOT a sequel nor have anything to do with demons souls.

    Don't take this comment critically, but if Dark Souls isn't a sequal, then why is Patches in it? Not saying anything bad about you. I'm just saying the devs may have lied a little bit. Probably because of the "Sony owns the game" thing.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1046
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-05-25
    Age : 30
    Location : Great Britain

    new archstone in nex Empty Re: new archstone in nex

    Post by Onion Knight Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:53 pm

    WandererReece wrote:
    king leonidas wrote:in my honest opinion i would to see a dlc for the broken archstone in the nex just saying.......

    First I thought that archstone would be where the last boss fight would be located. Then I thought that would be where Dark Souls would be located. Now I know it's just a broken archstone. :|

    king leonidas wrote:The creators done said dark souls is NOT a sequel nor have anything to do with demons souls.

    Don't take this comment critically, but if Dark Souls isn't a sequal, then why is Patches in it? Not saying anything bad about you. I'm just saying the devs may have lied a little bit. Probably because of the "Sony owns the game" thing.
    Referencing is a huge part of Japanese gaming culture. Like my avatar the moonlight sword for instance. It's a Kings Field reference , as is Seath and the mimic chests in Dark Souls. Patches and King Jeremiah are references to Demon's Souls. Expect to see Dark Souls characters in future Souls games.
    The Wandering Knight
    The Wandering Knight
    Casual
    Casual


    Posts : 66
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-11-05
    Location : U.K

    new archstone in nex Empty Re: new archstone in nex

    Post by The Wandering Knight Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:11 pm

    i hope not . id be out of money if they kept doing dlc! lol!

    Sponsored content


    new archstone in nex Empty Re: new archstone in nex

    Post by Sponsored content

      Similar topics

      -

      Current date/time is Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:00 am