Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
BLA1NE
The Letter X
Shindori
Seignar
8 posters

They should do something about Gwyn...

Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

They should do something about Gwyn... Empty They should do something about Gwyn...

Post by Seignar Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:44 pm

Riposting him is just too effective. I think it would have been much better if Gwyn would simply jump back after being parried. Making parry just a method to grant the player respite from the assault (Respite as in the time Gwyn takes into account what happened and readjust his hold on the blade). Then, kind of Sif-style, you could only parry him once his health is critical to make for a great victory.

Speaking of which, considering their distaste with that happened with Gwyn, do you think FROM will ever consider changing this aspect of Gwyn's fight? It kind of throws out their entire design of Gwyn out the window.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

They should do something about Gwyn... Empty Re: They should do something about Gwyn...

Post by Shindori Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:53 pm

YOU CAN PARRY SIF?! O_O
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

They should do something about Gwyn... Empty Re: They should do something about Gwyn...

Post by Seignar Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:56 pm

Not what I meant, lol. I suppose those words came out very wrong for interpretation. Sif-Style as in it happens once HP is critical, much like Sif stats limping once at critical HP.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:57 pm

Just don't parry him. I have to admit it kind of sucks that it's even possible to do it, though.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:59 pm

xD I know just giving ya crap about it. but i totally agree. The other day a friend of mine was here and he saw i was going to beat Gwyn to go into NG+ so he got all excited. when I said, "Dude.. this boss is a let down, really." He went "No way man! Agame like this?" Then he saw the fight. Parried EVERY SINGLE HIT. Hornet Ring + PW made such easy work of him it wasnt even funny.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:02 pm

The Letter X wrote:Just don't parry him. I have to admit it kind of sucks that it's even possible to do it, though.
    But, it isn't fun when you know you have to intentionally hold back for a fight to be better.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:08 pm

Seignar wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:Just don't parry him. I have to admit it kind of sucks that it's even possible to do it, though.
    But, it isn't fun when you know you have to intentionally hold back for a fight to be better.

It's the reason why I never parried him once. I didn't know I could on my first playthrough, so when I found out I knew it could ruin potentially the best fight in the game. I don't know what I'm missing. Heck, I know what those who do parry him are missing.

I agree euth you about holding back though.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:54 pm

Or if you could parry but not riposte, like the Berenike Knights.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:04 pm

They gave you art, who is the boss who Gwyn should have been rather than fix him. But as X said its easy not to parry him, and I dont see how not parrying is holding back lol.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:07 pm

I think the manus fight is what Gwyn should have been, at least difficulty wise.
    edgie_za
    edgie_za
    Regular
    Regular

Post by edgie_za Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:30 am

fujiphoenix wrote:I think the manus fight is what Gwyn should have been, at least difficulty wise.

Aggree, Manus to me is technically the final boss fight, as he is so damn hectic. And with Manus, as a summon texted me after i died, it is an endurance battle, can just run in guns blazing.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:16 am

Have you guys seen the method for cheesing manus? It is insane from let this happen. It is very similar to how you could cheese the first maneater in demon's souls.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:05 am