Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Wilkinson3424
ChizFreak
StockpileThomas
THEOGLUIGI
8 posters

CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 2 OMG!!!!!

THEOGLUIGI
    THEOGLUIGI
    Regular
    Regular

CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 2 OMG!!!!! Empty CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 2 OMG!!!!!

Post by THEOGLUIGI Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:47 pm

Yeah, I'm not really all THAT excited but don't get me wrong, I am very anxious to play the game and get my snipe on without a scope being attached to my sniper rifle. I wreck at Modern Warfare 3, hopefully I will be doing the same on launch day for Black Ops 2.

What do you think about the game so far? What are you excited for? What are you worried might change or be bad about the game? Discuss...
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 2 OMG!!!!! Empty Re: CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 2 OMG!!!!!

Post by StockpileThomas Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:49 pm

I thought Black Ops was way better than Modern Warfare 2 and a little better than Modern Warfare 3. I'm looking forward to the re-vamped "perk" system and hopefully it won't turn into a circus like MW2.

And, Zombies...
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:54 pm

Honestly CODs get me bored quickly, like 2 months playing them then I stop. Maybe this year I will buy it, just because MOH sucks, and I'm tired of BF3, which is awesome, but one year playing it (november 2011) tires any game.
    THEOGLUIGI
    THEOGLUIGI
    Regular
    Regular

Post by THEOGLUIGI Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:56 pm

I'm interested in the attachments for gun system. You can have up to 3 now. Also interested in how the prestige system works since you don't have to start from square one every time to prestige.
    THEOGLUIGI
    THEOGLUIGI
    Regular
    Regular

Post by THEOGLUIGI Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:58 pm

ChizFreak wrote:Honestly CODs get me bored quickly, like 2 months playing them then I stop. Maybe this year I will buy it, just because MOH sucks, and I'm tired of BF3, which is awesome, but one year playing it (november 2011) tires any game.

I agree with your statement on getting bored with Call of Duty. I play it all the time but I get bored while playing sometimes very quickly. The only thing that makes it very entertaining for me and keeps me interested is playing with friends and making the game harder for myself online by using really bad guns and equipment and still doing well. Haha, Dark Souls rubbed off on me.
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:05 pm

ChizFreak wrote:Honestly CODs get me bored quickly, like 2 months playing them then I stop. Maybe this year I will buy it, just because MOH sucks, and I'm tired of BF3, which is awesome, but one year playing it (november 2011) tires any game.

Two months of playing a game is pretty good in my book. If a game keeps me engaged for longer than two weeks I'm impressed, haha. I'm the same though. After awhile these games get old, but for the first few weeks they're super fun.
    THEOGLUIGI
    THEOGLUIGI
    Regular
    Regular

Post by THEOGLUIGI Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:04 pm

Zombies looks very interesting. I like the idea of the level constantly moving and the possibility of there being a clear end.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:11 pm

FPS games bore me so quickly, I need some originality and fun in games.... instead of...

*Aim*

*Run*

*Aim*

*Shoot*

*Trash-Talk*

*Die*

*Cuss*

*Repeat*
    THEOGLUIGI
    THEOGLUIGI
    Regular
    Regular

Post by THEOGLUIGI Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:15 pm

There is some strategy along with variety, have you ever played the game type Search and Destroy? You only have one life per round. It can get pretty intense and you really have to think about where you are on the map, the enemies location, how much noise you make, etc. That is what I usually play and that is what keeps me interested. Also, I like doing stuff like killing people across the map within seconds of the round starting with a sniper rifle. It's always fun searching for those spots and making people mad.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:42 pm

modern warfare 1 was pretty awesome, everything after that it feels like a damn dlc which is not worth sixty bucks, they need to do something inovative instead of just the same crap all over again imo. im really looking forward to the next metrom, its looking really awesome.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:59 pm

Honestly I resent COD, the fact they do so manner sequels that just do exactly the same thing basically just bores me.

And i've never been a fan of the whole realistic shooter vibe anyways
    THEOGLUIGI
    THEOGLUIGI
    Regular
    Regular

Post by THEOGLUIGI Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:16 pm

Hmm, I guess the Dark Souls forum is not a great place to discuss shooter games like Call of Duty. Haha. Anyways, I'm excited for it and pre-ordered it today. I know that as long as I have some friends to play with I will have fun. For how long, who knows, depends on how good the game is.
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:34 pm

It's nice to be on the bandwagon every once in awhile.
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:37 pm

I loved MW2 and BlOps. Hated MW3. I don't think I'll be getting BlOps2. Hmmm...
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:41 pm

So tempting to post that IGN review parody video of this on here. Heh.
    THEOGLUIGI
    THEOGLUIGI
    Regular
    Regular

Post by THEOGLUIGI Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:53 pm

Moonlight Knight wrote:So tempting to post that IGN review parody video of this on here. Heh.

Go for it, I honestly don't know what you are talking about.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:55 pm

THEOGLUIGI wrote:
    Moonlight Knight wrote:So tempting to post that IGN review parody video of this on here. Heh.

Go for it, I honestly don't know what you are talking about.
    Remember what has been seen , will never be unseen.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbfTO2W2rUU&feature=g-all-lik
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:58 pm

I must be getting older, because dubstep sounds like sh*t to me... Terrible, just terrible.
    THEOGLUIGI
    THEOGLUIGI
    Regular
    Regular

Post by THEOGLUIGI Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:17 pm

Hahahahahahaha. Moonlight, that was hilarious. I even watched it at work, guess that makes me brave. Haha.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:19 pm

It's funny cause' it's true. You'd think IGN would find some term other than originality to pull out of their arse when they are giving it's inevitable 9 out of 10.
    THEOGLUIGI
    THEOGLUIGI
    Regular
    Regular

Post by THEOGLUIGI Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:34 pm

But in all honesty, the games may not be perfect, they may not be pretty but they are pretty darn fun and have a large player base at almost all times.

This and my friends make me really enjoy Call of Duty games. Also, Search and Destroy brings out my competitive side. It's kind of like Dark Souls, you have one life and one chance to either kill or be killed.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

It's as much a parody of gaming journalism as it is of the games themselves. Go and look at the reviews for the last Call of Duty title. IGN praised it for it's originality. Watching IGN reviews which essentially are self-parodies is entertaining enough, but now people are finally calling them out on it is even better for gaming as a whole
    THEOGLUIGI
    THEOGLUIGI
    Regular
    Regular

Post by THEOGLUIGI Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:55 pm

Oh definitely! I never buy a game because of IGN's reviews or any big time reviewer in general. I usually do my own research and pay closer attention to the community's thoughts. But I definitely agree that gaming journalism has gone the way of politics, sort of. Whoever has the most money and biggest budget game will get a decent review, while other more obscure low budget games get much much much more scrutiny.

Also, if you guys ever watch G4, the gaming community is also accusing them of going the way of IGN. Haha. Which is very much true, even though I like Adam and think he is very knowledgeable on video games, but he left the show X-Play, so everyone hates it even more now. Haha.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:14 pm