Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
batman1056
lucanious
Dellusions
ciscovet
8 posters

One million souls in the forest

ciscovet

One million souls in the forest Empty One million souls in the forest

Post by ciscovet Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:54 am

Hey guys,
    I'm new on the forum and fairly new to Dark Souls. before yesterday I was Sl90 and just trying to finish up the game. Currently I'm making my way to Lost Izath after finishing up the demon ruins. I decided to do some PvP. I was in the Sunbro's but really wasn't getting too much so I went back to the forest covenent. In the past it has been me losing 9 out of 10 mainly due to my crappy skill and many 2 on 1.
    There was more people yesterday so most battles were 2 vs.2 which is lots of fun. In one battle we happened to finish off some guy and I received 340k souls. I was shocked. the very time I was invading, I caught the tail end of a fight. Just as I was appearing it stated that the person was vanquished and I was returned to my game with 700k souls.
    Needless to say I ranked up to about SL110 and met some other nice players. Just wanted to share my experience.
    Dellusions
    Dellusions
    Casual
    Casual

One million souls in the forest Empty Re: One million souls in the forest

Post by Dellusions Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:00 pm

The forest covenant has no SL restriction on who fights who. In the case where you got 700K souls, you fought someone around SL 360!

If you enjoy PVP, I recommend not leveling past 125, as the action gets slim past that point.
    lucanious
    lucanious
    Regular
    Regular

Post by lucanious Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:32 pm

i like to spread the wealth by pvping in the forest and stockpiling like 2 million souls then when i die i feel good about them getting half my souls haha
    ciscovet

Post by ciscovet Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:33 pm

I think its based on your SL, not how many souls you have
    lucanious
    lucanious
    Regular
    Regular

Post by lucanious Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:04 pm

really? its darkwraiths that get half the souls then huh? cause i was invading as a DW in anor londo and the dude died (i didnt even kill him, he fell) and i got 800k souls and he said that he used the dragon head glitch to get em, had 1.6 million souls.
    batman1056

Post by batman1056 Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:06 pm

ciscovet wrote:
    There was more people yesterday so most battles were 2 vs.2 which is lots of fun. In one battle we happened to finish off some guy and I received 340k souls..
    humm that might have been me - saved up a lot - then when I respawned I had lot the flipppin lot ?? I was confused how I lost them
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Teh_hapy_octopus Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:26 pm

i feel like I'm that guy who gave you 350k
    ciscovet

Post by ciscovet Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:46 pm

Fine, meet me at the forest at 8pm est so we can duel... No lewd jokes please
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:28 pm

So, if you have a character that has gone past level 125 (I have a mage around 145), is the best place to get into PvP in the forest, by joining the covenant, since there are no restrictions? I guess dark Anor Londo probably does the same thing, with the darkmoons always invading. I wish there was a way to always get into 2 vs 2 battles.
    ciscovet

Post by ciscovet Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:37 pm

He is something that I didn't know until yesterday. You can be summoned in the forest even if your in the covenant. I was PvP when I started talking to some dude after a good duel. I took the covenant ring off and layed my summons down in the forest. He summoned me and we then proceeded to play against forest covenant members
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:59 pm

and it didn't break the cov? well next time my ring glitches and sends me as a white phantom i guess i'll help...
    ciscovet

Post by ciscovet Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:28 pm

No it didn't; I checked last night...
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:47 pm

ciscovet wrote:He is something that I didn't know until yesterday. You can be summoned in the forest even if your in the covenant. I was PvP when I started talking to some dude after a good duel. I took the covenant ring off and layed my summons down in the forest. He summoned me and we then proceeded to play against forest covenant members

That is interesting to know. I have been summoned as a white phantom about twice when invading the forest but I have suicided myself both times. I don't know if I could stomach killing any FoC members though (I have this thing about loyalty) but I would help a host take down Sif. Next time my invasion is co-opted I will first see what the host is trying to do before killing myself.

Again, thank for the info.
    ciscovet

Post by ciscovet Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:57 pm

Well it seems everything goes in the forest. Yesterday I invaded into a game where the guy was fighting another covenant member. So I did the right thing and stayed back while the other guy fought. He ended up losing so it was my turn. We started dueling it out. I was down to about half my health and some guy he summoned appeared and decided to BS me. So much for honor.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:06 pm

ciscovet wrote:Well it seems everything goes in the forest. Yesterday I invaded into a game where the guy was fighting another covenant member. So I did the right thing and stayed back while the other guy fought. He ended up losing so it was my turn. We started dueling it out. I was down to about half my health and some guy he summoned appeared and decided to BS me. So much for honor.

As a FoC member I only do the honor thing (i.e. 1v1) when a red spirit has already engaged the host and the host is alone. I back-off when GL invades so he can get his chance to get an EoD - but I will re-engage if the host summons a minion - gotta help those GLs do their thing!! When another FoC member invades or I come in while another covenant member is already engaged then its basically kill the host at all costs - honor gets thrown out the window!! That just the rules I follow.

I think the honor rule in this instance may have been your downfall - if you got killed that is:cry: . The honorable route should only be taken if you know for sure everyone will follow those same rules. This will be hard to do since any other invading spirit probably won't follow the established rules - you have to be wary at all times when you are in the forest. Very chaotic place - but that is why I love it:heart: !

“It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on.” – Sun Tzu

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:23 pm