Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Disgaea 2 Crazy Coincidence!

BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Disgaea 2 Crazy Coincidence! Empty Disgaea 2 Crazy Coincidence!

Post by BLA1NE Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:11 am

For those of you who aren't familiar with the series, Disgaea is a Strategy RPG (or Tactical RPG) in which, in addition to the story characters, you can create your own party members from a wide selection of humanoid and monster archetypes. (The series is also characterized by humorous and over-the-top plots, deep gameplay mechanics and customization, and ridiculous replayability... all in all, I recommend it!)

Anyways, I've been playing through Disgaea 2, and naming all my custom characters according to Dark Souls characters. I've got (all of whom resemble their namesake): Gwyn, Artorias, Smough, Laurentinus, Andre, Shiva, Havel, Tarkus, Dusk, Eignyi, Beatrice, Logan, Reah, Anastacia, Gwynevere, Gwyndolin, Pharis, Bottomless Box; and a shooter, who I appropriately named Hawkeye.

Beyond completing the story, one of the main things you can do in Disgaea 2 is unlock the Land of Carnage--it's the main side-quest, if you will. So I just obtained all the map pieces to unlock this land, and a new NPC appeared in my town. The coincidence: his exact appearance and name match my own Hawkeye! At first I thought the game selected one of my party members to act as the NPC, but no, that's his actual name. So about 6 years before I played through the game and created this character inspired by my experience with Dark Souls, the developers of Disgaea 2 had already created the very same character!

It is a crazy coincidence, huh? If you've also played Disgaea, or have any other Dark Souls related coincidences, please share your experience!
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Disgaea 2 Crazy Coincidence! Empty Re: Disgaea 2 Crazy Coincidence!

Post by FexDS Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:37 am

That is an insane coincidence! Chance u can get a screenshot?
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:03 am

Sure! I'm playing it on PSP, so I just took some off-screen pics:

Here's NPC Hawkeye, in the location he first appears:
    NPC:

And this is my Hawkeye (seen in the Stats menu--I positioned my character so you could see the NPC at the same time):
    Mine:

His title is different, but that would've been easy enough for the game to change, had he been picked from my roster.

Also, I forgot to mention I also had a Ciaran and Moonlight Butterfly character!

Edit: added spoiler tags, because images are too big. Didn't want to down-size them instead, because it makes it easier to see the details.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:13 am

That's awesome and not just because of the sexy panties

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:21 pm