Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
somnam
StockpileThomas
Glutebrah
GkMrBane
sunbro
FruitPunchNinja
reim0027
Rarayn
lextune
argotthar
Elite Knight
greeneless
16 posters

Balder Side Sword

greeneless
    greeneless
    Regular
    Regular

Balder Side Sword Empty Balder Side Sword

Post by greeneless Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:24 am

I'm sick of it. I facepalm whenever I see it now. Since the DLC was released, it has to have been in 90% of my invasions. I just invaded twice in the township, and there were three of them involved.

I know why people use it. I have a +15 swag sword in my inventory too, and 45 dexterity on my main man atm.

But seriously It's not that much better than other dex weapons. A scaling and a low recovery thrust and everyone is on the bandwagon?

I don't get it.

The swag is dead.
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Balder Side Sword Empty Re: Balder Side Sword

Post by Elite Knight Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:27 am

I don't wanna blame ENB, but he may have had something to do with its popularity. I myself have never used that sword, so I can say that with absolute certainty.
    greeneless
    greeneless
    Regular
    Regular

Post by greeneless Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:38 am

I'm thinking people might use it in combination with the leo ring. I've never thought of doing that before now.
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:43 am

Eh, it just never caught my eye. I'm a fan of straight swords, but that one just wasn't very appealing to me. I'd imagine it to be a very effective ganking weapon, especially with the Leo Ring.

But I digress. Maybe people are comfortable with it and rather than find another weapon, they stick with it because they know how good it is. I personally like Astora's Straight Sword, although it isn't the best weapon ever.
    argotthar
    argotthar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by argotthar Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:56 am

I got +15 one too but I never really "connected" to it. I found Ricard's Rapier suits my needs just fine winking
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:04 am

argotthar wrote:I got +15 one too but I never really "connected" to it. I found Ricard's Rapier suits my needs just fine winking

That's my favorite rapier, next to Velka's. big grin
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:08 am

I know I am going to sound like "that guy", but I was using the BSS before it was cool, lol.

I had it as the backup weapon on my first Image. When I started PvPing I buffed it with CMW and destroyed everything in sight. So much so that I soon got bored with it, and honestly haven't used it on another toon since.
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:11 am

lextune wrote:I know I am going to sound like "that guy", but I was using the BSS before it was cool, lol.

I feel that way about Elite Knight armor, because I used that when I first got the game when I pre-ordered and hardly saw anyone else in it.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:19 am

Elite Knight wrote:
    lextune wrote:I know I am going to sound like "that guy", but I was using the BSS before it was cool, lol.

I feel that way about Elite Knight armor, because I used that when I first got the game when I pre-ordered and hardly saw anyone else in it.

The Elite Knight armor is one of the coolest looking sets in the game, but I always feel like I am wearing Oscar's face when I wear it. silly
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:27 am

The R2 is where it's at for the BSS. Fast and powerful. Even more powerful if you use it to counter with the Leo ring.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:20 am

I like to pair the BSS and ricards, they are amazing light dex weapons. ENB had nothing to do with it, the BSS is a straight sword that scales A in dex that is what mde it popular. It is especially good for pyromancers who want to stay light but have a good weapon to keep players at a distance.

I wish they had a straight sword that scaled B in STR. Maybe Bstr/Ddex.
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:41 am

I used the BSS from the start, just because you can get it early in the game, its lightweight thus with a new toon you stay agile
    Most of the time when my toon get beeft up I change to the heavier weapons

And for some reason I don't see the BSS as much as the Zeihander and the BKGA

Last edited by sunbro on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:42 am

Man Swager sword isnt as cool as the dark sword I use the dark sword because its cool weighs a much as the claymore and Moonlight sword. so I can menu switch them out easily.

You know whats starting to pick up is heavy tank builds with that small curved sword from the DLC its lame in my opinion.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:03 pm

its the longest straight sword and has the best scaling out of all straight swords, as in it is basically a dex weapon, where the others are split C/C so the BSS will do more damage an has more range then the other swords if you only invest into 1 stat.
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:45 pm

It's an effective weapon and that's why people use it. Done.

Look Skyward
    greeneless
    greeneless
    Regular
    Regular

Post by greeneless Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:14 pm

StockpileThomas wrote:It's an effective weapon and that's why people use it. Done.

Look Skyward

Most weapons are effective.
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:21 pm

greeneless wrote:
    StockpileThomas wrote:It's an effective weapon and that's why people use it. Done.

Look Skyward

It's MORE effective than the other straight swords, I guess. The BSS looks cool and has one of the best move-sets in the game. Also, most dex weapons do slash damage and this one does not.

Look, there aren't THAT many weapons in this game, so we're bound to see a lot of the same gear... I see Black Knight Axes ALL the time, but who cares?
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:34 pm

greeneless wrote:

Look Skyward

its the most effective straight sword. doesn't require str and Dex to get good damage, and has longer range, and its super light.
    somnam
    somnam
    Casual
    Casual

Post by somnam Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:36 pm

Plenty of things can be effective and done-to-death, the BSS is one of them. But if the R2, dex focus, and the reach are the highlight of its moveset, why aren't more people using spears?
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:42 pm

somnam wrote:Plenty of things can be effective and done-to-death, the BSS is one of them. But if the R2, dex focus, and the reach are the highlight of its moveset, why aren't more people using spears?

More people ARE using spears.

So... should we stop using the Balder Side Sword because too many other players use it? While I'm at it, I'll stop using my Zweihander, Iaito, Claymore, Moonlight Greatsword, Falchion, Murakumo, Gravelord Sword, Rapier, Black Knight Greataxe, Large Club, Dragonslayer Spear, Silver Knight Spear, Great Scythe, and the Avelyn because I see those all the time too.

-_-
    Ser Isaac
    Ser Isaac
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ser Isaac Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:51 pm

StockpileThomas wrote:
    somnam wrote:Plenty of things can be effective and done-to-death, the BSS is one of them. But if the R2, dex focus, and the reach are the highlight of its moveset, why aren't more people using spears?

So... should we stop using the Balder Side Sword because too many other players use it? While I'm at it, I'll stop using my Zweihander, Iaito, Claymore, Moonlight Greatsword, Falchion, Murakumo, Gravelord Sword, Rapier, Black Knight Greataxe, Large Club, Dragonslayer Spear, Silver Knight Spear, Great Scythe, and the Avelyn because I see those all the time too.

-_-

Hey buddy if you don't like this thread don't post anymore. Everyone here is posting their opinions. Who cares if they are repeating previous posts. Get over it.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:54 pm

Ser Isaac wrote:
    StockpileThomas wrote:

-_-

Hey buddy if you don't like this thread don't post anymore. Everyone here is posting their opinions. Who cares if they are repeating previous posts. Get over it.

Look Skyward
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:04 pm

I like using the BSS and have for a while, but we've seen a transition in general from Str and Great weapons to dex with the patch. The BSS is the new BKGA along with the Gold Tracer, and it, unlike the GT, is rather weak in the hands of an unskilled user and can be parried if the user is incompetent enough.
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:17 am

Nobody's suggesting that people stop using it, merely stating that it is overused.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:31 am

great all we need now is for someone to do a guardian tail propaganda campaighn (horrible spelling), that would be much more entertaining:lol!:

and yeah i've had a bss toon before, fast and strong... another weapon i've been seeing alot of is the scythe not the great scythe farm tool but the one from the bottom of sens fortress (thats name in the real world is a bardiche), and frankly im happy about that cause it was pretty much non existant for the first 7 months of the game in my experience and it just looks so cool...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:43 pm