Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
TehInfamousAmos
SlakeMoth
6 posters

Is this possible?

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Is this possible? Empty Is this possible?

Post by SlakeMoth Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:40 am

I played Demons' Souls through three times. I wasn't trying to get 'The Toughest Soul' trophy, just for fun.

Anyway I've just read a blog where someone claims to have started playing Demon's Souls on 4/11/11, finished it and earned the Platinum on 18/11/11, a total of two weeks. He then goes on to claim that he (I'm assuming it's a he) began Dark Souls on the 10/12/11, finished it on the 20/12/11, played through newgame+ the next day and earned the Platinum on the next day, 22/12/11. Oh and incidentally he was only able to play at weekends.

I would love to know how he managed to get all the materials needed to upgrade all the weapons in Demons' Souls (Pure Bladestone anyone?) and given the complications that World Tendency introduces, it seems hardly possible.

As for Dark Souls, we all know that to get the Knights Honour Trophy you have to play the game through two and a third times approximately and on top of that some of the weapons like the Channelers Trident are random drops. I can only guess he used Player Trade but, of course, he didn't say that.

Sorry to ramble on but I'd like opinions on whether this is possible.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Is this possible? Empty Re: Is this possible?

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:48 am

Dark souls is easily possible: 3 tite (t't is censored) slabs min per playthrough. thats upgrade achieve done within two playthroughs. I have speedran the game in 1 hr 30 mins. Got a Channeller's Trident from Parish. kk He needs to do two runs for all miracles. One run for all Spells and Pyromancies. Many of the weapons for knight's honor aren't that hard to get etc;
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:50 am

DeS LSoS, Dex/Int/Luck build - the Rings achievement can be done in two playthroughs happy Get PWCT in first playthrough and get PBCT in 2nd. Bladestone is probably the biggest issue.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:56 am

You need to play through the game 3,5 times to achieve the plat trophy legit on one character offline. Even if someone drops you all the weapons, armor and rings online, you must still get the demon's souls for spells yourself, since those can't be dropped (unless glitched drop).
    It can be gotten earlier by using the Thomas dupe glitch. With the glitch, and choosing the good ending, you can get the trophy in NG+ right after you rescue Yuria.
    You can get the ring trophy in one playthrough, even offline, just get the friends ring first.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:17 am

Yeah, it is possible with the thomas dupe glitch. Every stone and consumable including boss souls can be duped.

Both pure white and pure black events can be done in one playthrough. Suicide in nexus every time you're in human form and after killing area bosses all worlds are pure white. Complete pure white events. Suicide in every world enough times to get them pure black in it will unlock pure black events.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:37 am

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Dark souls is easily possible: 3 tite (t't is censored) slabs min per playthrough. thats upgrade achieve done within two playthroughs. I have speedran the game in 1 hr 30 mins. Got a Channeller's Trident from Parish. kk He needs to do two runs for all miracles. One run for all Spells and Pyromancies. Many of the weapons for knight's honor aren't that hard to get etc;

1 hour 30 minutes! are you pulling my chain? Geez. Fair enough, although on the speed run I saw on YouTube the player didn't stop to pick up stuff or upgrade anything because he didn't have time. Time isn't the important thing though. I can quite see that an accomplished player could get through newgame+ in a day but, when you consider all the rare weapons needed he must have been very lucky with drops and very well organised. I guess he worked it all out beforehand.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:35 pm

If you're running legit on Demon's it is certainly possible with the variable really being the pure blade. But that can still be had over 1 or 2 fiercely dedicated farm days. I'd say you would really need to start with a solid working knowledge of tendency and how to manipulate it. I'm actually reminded of the perfect playthrough, which is a ton of fun to do.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:40 am

Hey Emergence, is that you? You're wearing awfully well for your age. lol
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:04 pm

Botox. 8)
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:21 pm

Well come up and see me sometime! winking
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:29 am

Ya it's possible, I did do that with Demon's Souls. I basically got all the trophies within two weeks (legitly) as well except for the pure bladestone one. I got someone finally to help me get that one after another two weeks of trying to farm that one.

But ya it's possible but it's not a good idea I feel. Really makes you miss the little things in the game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 4:08 am