Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Espada Muerta
AugustBlade
TheBigLebowski
Bcc17
Knight Alundil
Back Lot Basher
10 posters

You know the Arena matches are bad when....

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

You know the Arena matches are bad when.... Empty You know the Arena matches are bad when....

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:13 pm

I spent a whole Sunday afternoon just mucking around in PvP (yes, even though I lose about 95% of my matches). I tried and tried to get into some Arena matches, but I had to wait a ridiculous amount of time, doing nothing. I find there are many more people just going to the OT for invasions. This really bums me out. I had hoped Arena stuff would be better than this.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

You know the Arena matches are bad when.... Empty Re: You know the Arena matches are bad when....

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:19 pm

I think it's because at the start less people had it, so less people were in the arena. This led to people being annoyed and not using the arena so much. This has just continued and people have been led away from the arena. I think if everyone just went and used it instead of world pvp it would work but you know what I'm saying.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

You know the Arena matches are bad when.... Empty Re: You know the Arena matches are bad when....

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:22 pm

I agree. Someone needs to just see if they can get some organized matches going. If 50 people at level 100 all go into team PvP on a Friday night at 10 pm, then we're going to see more matchups.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:26 pm

I regularely fight BCC in the arena. Honestly, it's not hard. We just go and wait an 9/10 matches we get paired up with each other.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:27 pm

Oh and btw man, you realize it was me and BCC who summoned you at township last night? winking
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:31 pm

Oh yeah...cool. First time I've ever accidentally crossed paths with a regular from the forums. Hope I didn't embarass myself too much. Love the PvP just for the human element, but my style is a bit like putting a donkey in tap shoes.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:32 pm

Nah man, we both got killed at same time by one guy before he took out bcc too, so that vader was boss!

There was one hilarious moment though, when you got most of your HP bar ripped off and you ran and hid behind me! big grin
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:38 pm

lol...I remember that. Never let it be said I'm above cowering and whimpering like a small child if the need arises.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:01 pm

Haha yeh, I was hanging back to see what you would do but you seemed totally capable to me man. We should organize some of the FFA and 2v2 arena matches seeing as we know us three have a decent connection!
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:07 pm

Ha...thanks. Most of the time I feel like I'm pretty close to being able to pull off a win, but have trouble putting people away. Anyway, I'd be up for playing some arena stuff sometime. Never tried the FFA...what's it like? I'm picturing a lot of mayhem.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:07 pm

Yeh man, it's pretty crazy. The 2v2 games are great especially when one guy thinks it's an FFA lol
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bcc17 Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:44 pm

It was weird when that dude just randomly died from walking down a staircase.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:28 pm

That was the cool thing about demon souls. dedicated servers and organized matches. Good old times...;-)
    AugustBlade
    AugustBlade
    Casual
    Casual

Post by AugustBlade Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:46 pm

I think since the DLC spasms started happening, a lot of people dropped off the arena. Before that, it wasn't very difficult to get a match...for me at least.
    Espada Muerta
    Espada Muerta
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Espada Muerta Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:33 am

The Arena is a joke, I mean TWOP and BS rinse and repeat, someone got to the top of the Teams leaderboards using those cheap tactics plus people resort to anything to keep a streak going, the best place to get some real good PvP is at the PvP hot spots.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:56 am

I had some pretty consistent matches going on yesterday at level 150 on xbox.

Granted, I was fighting the same guy for about an hour, but it was fun.
    PaladinManFace
    Casual
    Casual

Post by PaladinManFace Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:01 am

I feel like average players encountered the try hard douches that will use any cheap tactic to win and were tired of losing every match and just decided not to go back. Then all that was left was above average and crazy try hards with the occasional player wanting to try it out and still getting turned off. Eventually the numbers dwindled so much that the waits got unacceptable.

I've noticed a pattern of greed destroying dark souls pvp. First the gankers with there insatiable lust for souls ruined the kiln and other areas(although they have died down). Then try hards destroyed the arena because the need to have the longest streak on a video game. It's sad really.

I think if the leader board was removed at least the incentive to spend all day using deplorable tactics in the arena would be gone, and maybe people could just play for fun again.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:11 pm

PaladinManFace wrote:I feel like average players encountered the try hard douches that will use any cheap tactic to win and were tired of losing every match and just decided not to go back. Then all that was left was above average and crazy try hards with the occasional player wanting to try it out and still getting turned off. Eventually the numbers dwindled so much that the waits got unacceptable.

I've noticed a pattern of greed destroying dark souls pvp. First the gankers with there insatiable lust for souls ruined the kiln and other areas(although they have died down). Then try hards destroyed the arena because the need to have the longest streak on a video game. It's sad really.

I think if the leader board was removed at least the incentive to spend all day using deplorable tactics in the arena would be gone, and maybe people could just play for fun again.

They are turning hollow...
    PaladinManFace
    Casual
    Casual

Post by PaladinManFace Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:33 pm

aceluby wrote:
    PaladinManFace wrote:I feel like average players encountered the try hard douches that will use any cheap tactic to win and were tired of losing every match and just decided not to go back. Then all that was left was above average and crazy try hards with the occasional player wanting to try it out and still getting turned off. Eventually the numbers dwindled so much that the waits got unacceptable.

They are turning hollow...

....my god. that's actually kinda creepy lol
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:33 pm

i gave up on Arena because imo the Streaks killed the '"fun" of dark souls pvp.

matches went like this..

A. I die first and spend the rest of the match chasing a turtle with a spear around i can't catch

B. I start to win get his life low and he pulls a spear out and turtles for a draw the rest of the match.

C. if i break the turtle defense and get the first kill i usualy have around 50% or less life left, and since i refuse to turtle for a "win" i engage them and usually end up dieing next since i don't have heal spells. so after that they turtle for the match for a draw.

Arena would be awesome if people went all out from start to finish,but they don't. i have no interest fighting turtles.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:52 pm

Espada Muerta wrote:The Arena is a joke, I mean TWOP and BS rinse and repeat, someone got to the top of the Teams leaderboards using those cheap tactics plus people resort to anything to keep a streak going, the best place to get some real good PvP is at the PvP hot spots.

This is exactly what i'm talking about. You had a few bad experiences in the arena so you say oh everyone has to use twop and BS all the time then you go on to warn other people away from it, effectively lowering the arena population which means you're more likely to come across the people you're talking about.

You see what I mean?
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:19 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:
    Espada Muerta wrote:The Arena is a joke, I mean TWOP and BS rinse and repeat, someone got to the top of the Teams leaderboards using those cheap tactics plus people resort to anything to keep a streak going, the best place to get some real good PvP is at the PvP hot spots.

This is exactly what i'm talking about. You had a few bad experiences in the arena so you say oh everyone has to use twop and BS all the time then you go on to warn other people away from it, effectively lowering the arena population which means you're more likely to come across the people you're talking about.

You see what I mean?

i know what you are saying, but explain to me why i should spend 5-6 mins waiting for a que when i have a very good chance to face a turtle for 3 mins when in that 9 mins i can get 9 solid duels in the township/moonpit/etc

invading/hosting a pvp hot spot you get invaded/invade alot faster then if you wait for arena, you also aren't stuck with a turtle/twop BSer for 3 mins straight wasting more time.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:03 pm

Glutebrah wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:
    Espada Muerta wrote:

You see what I mean?

i know what you are saying, but explain to me why i should spend 5-6 mins waiting for a que when i have a very good chance to face a turtle for 3 mins when in that 9 mins i can get 9 solid duels in the township/moonpit/etc

invading/hosting a pvp hot spot you get invaded/invade alot faster then if you wait for arena, you also aren't stuck with a turtle/twop BSer for 3 mins straight wasting more time.

Knight Alundil wrote:I think it's because at the start less people
    had it, so less people were in the arena. This led to people being
    annoyed and not using the arena so much. This has just continued and
    people have been led away from the arena. I think if everyone just went
    and used it instead of world pvp it would work.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:14 am

I've only used the arena a few times, at SL 150-160, but all of my fights were "honorable" and a lot of fun.
    I never had to wait more than a few minutes. I think maybe at the higher soul levels you will find better players, because it takes more time and patience to get up there.

I might be completely wrong, but I do know that my experience in the arena has been pretty good.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:02 pm

The comment above about the leaderboards is dead-on. As soon as you put in an element where people can see their "name in lights" so to speak, it goes counter to the spirit of Souls. Not to say that this would completely fix the Arena, but it might help.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:55 pm