Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
GkMrBane
Conrack
aceluby
ublug
Rarayn
Alara78
Nybbles
eminusx
Odinbear
13 posters

Resonance rings gone for all platforms?

Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Resonance rings gone for all platforms? Empty Resonance rings gone for all platforms?

Post by Odinbear Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:32 am

Just wondering, the 1.07 patch seemed to fix the resonance rings. I was seeing them everywhere for a couple weeks, then something broke for the PS3. Since the VISUAL GLITCH started, I've not seen one resonance ring anywhere.

Just wondering if all platforms are experiencing the disappearance of these rings?
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Resonance rings gone for all platforms? Empty Re: Resonance rings gone for all platforms?

Post by eminusx Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:52 am

nope, saw loads of them yesterday around Oolacile.

im on 360 by the way.. . . dunno bout PS3 / PC.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Resonance rings gone for all platforms? Empty Re: Resonance rings gone for all platforms?

Post by Nybbles Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:57 am

i haven't seen a resonance ring for a while now…PS3
    Alara78
    Alara78
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Alara78 Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:25 am

Nybbles wrote:i haven't seen a resonance ring for a while now…PS3
    Yup, same here.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:38 am

They work perfectly fine on PC.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:39 am

Either the PS3 p2p client portion of the game is corrupt/borked or it's got something to do with the PS Network.
    I still lean towards the p2p portion and am quite confused as to what triggered it on a certain day and almost system wide. (virus related to red invaders?). And for the software company to completely ignore a whole gamer platform user base.... Hmmmm.
    Says quite a bit, if you ask me.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:44 am

From Activision 11/13, We are aware of connectivity issues that some players are facing in Black Ops II on PlayStation 3. We are working on resolution, thank you.

Could be PSN?
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:52 am

They are gone for PS3 only (for now at least). They vanished when the visual glitches started, so it's somehow related. I think the red rings that shows players in the Stoicism lobby disappeared as well, at least I haven't seen any, but then again I don't play much in the arena.
    At first I thought they vere only turning invisible because of the glitch, but then I started reading reports of missing rings all over the game, not just in the dlc areas. I have also ran around in the usual 'resonance ring spots' with miracles equipped, to see if the resonsnace rings are invisible only, but I haven't been able to find any spot that boosts my equipped miracles.

This is a strange glitch. You would have thought that if it were related to online traffic it should have started the first days of the dlc, and not a few weeks in. I guess it could also be a PSN issue.
    The developers are probably looking into the glitch, but I assume they are trying to fix it 'server side' first, if there is such a thing with the p2p network. If it's arena traffic related it should return to normal once the online activity calms down.

Do resonance rings come in two varieties, one for 'heal' spells and one for 'force' spells, or will a single resonance ring cater to all affected miracles (like the ring of the sun princess)? The reason I'm asking is beacause two types would probably put an even higher strain on the net code than one. Most 'arena builds' also have a mandatory heal spell, and many use wog/force as well.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:06 pm

i wonder if it has something to do with the PS3 4.31 patch that came out on Oct 29th?

after getting the dlc, i had resonance rings all over the place, now i got nothing. i had also heard of this flicker glitch but never experienced it until last night when i finally made it to the sanctuary guardian (and what a prick he turned out to be).
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:12 pm

Glitch starts in the DLC, then affects any toon you have in the DLC . I was involved with a P2P sys a while back and it had a server that you connected to to "find" people to connect to, in order to share music client-2-client. The server was kinda kept secret ( security, I believe). This software, it's my belief would have to run on the PS network. FROM may not have unsecured access to this part of their network due to security. ( even if they are working on it )
    I personally am getting disgusted that neither company has acknowledged the BUG, letting a pretty large? User base become more agitated.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:19 pm

I can pinpoint when this bug began for me. Oocalile Township, red invasions began to fail and Begin as I stepped through the archway as human. No fail message! But my WSS could be used, but would not leave the summon sign (usually when the bonfire is disabled, your toon can't lay the sign and only shrugs). I can leave OT, so the fog gate is not up but a failed invasion has not let go of my connection yet. Then the flicker started. Has never stopped and that scenario happens alla time in OT now. never ever saw this game behavior till around 11/6.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:23 pm

Odinbear wrote:Glitch starts in the DLC, then affects any toon you have in the DLC . I was involved with a P2P sys a while back and it had a server that you connected to to "find" people to connect to, in order to share music client-2-client. The server was kinda kept secret ( security, I believe). This software, it's my belief would have to run on the PS network. FROM may not have unsecured access to this part of their network due to security. ( even if they are working on it )
    I personally am getting disgusted that neither company has acknowledged the BUG, letting a pretty large? User base become more agitated.

Don't take it so personally, remember, they are a pretty small company of about 200 total employees. I'm sure they are working on it, these kinds of bugs can take a while to find the root cause of, especially when dealing w/ a 3rd party (PSN). I work in this field and know firsthand that they are certainly not ignoring the biggest part of their user base, especially since this they are a Japanese company and it's that style of game.

It will be fixed, and it will be fixed soon. If it's really bothering you I'd suggest starting a new character. That's what I did and it has been a blast.
    Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Conrack Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:28 pm

aceluby wrote:
    Odinbear wrote:Glitch starts in the DLC, then affects any toon you have in the DLC . I was involved with a P2P sys a while back and it had a server that you connected to to "find" people to connect to, in order to share music client-2-client. The server was kinda kept secret ( security, I believe). This software, it's my belief would have to run on the PS network. FROM may not have unsecured access to this part of their network due to security. ( even if they are working on it )

Don't take it so personally, remember, they are a pretty small company of about 200 total employees. I'm sure they are working on it, these kinds of bugs can take a while to find the root cause of, especially when dealing w/ a 3rd party (PSN). I work in this field and know firsthand that they are certainly not ignoring the biggest part of their user base, especially since this they are a Japanese company and it's that style of game.

It will be fixed, and it will be fixed soon. If it's really bothering you I'd suggest starting a new character. That's what I did and it has been a blast.

A lovely post and very well written, I'm glad someone can make better sense of this tragedy. sadly I can upvote your post yet, but when I can I will.

This glitch has bothered me some, but has forced me to go replay some of the areas I've been avoiding, and I have to say after hundreds of hours and dozens of playthroughs this game is truly a gem. Possibly the most complete game ive played in years.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:29 pm

aceluby wrote:

Thanks. Not taking it personally. Just agitated. Lol. I'm sure they know and are working on it. Just don't understand why it hasn't been public ally acknowledged. None of the game news sites are talking about it. After all it is a rather new release (the DLC) and is plagued with a system wide bug.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:40 pm

My guess (and it's only a guess) is that since this is an online only bug and it may be a bug due to PSN or the most recent system update, they may not be legally able to make an announcement.

I can't say why the news sites aren't talking about it, but it may have to do with the huge recent releases of Halo and CoD, the upcoming holiday schedule, and the relatively small Dark Souls user base. Also, I'm not really surprised that gaming news aren't fulfilling their journalistic obligations to find news stories and instead focus on what brings in the most ad dollars.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:12 pm

Im on xbox so I dont know but how long after 1.06 patch did this glitch start happening? or did it happen after downloading the DLC?

Cause as far as I know you guys had been playing fro a while before this started happening.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:13 pm

GkMrBane wrote:Im on xbox so I dont know but how long after 1.06 patch did this glitch start happening? or did it happen after downloading the DLC?

Cause as far as I know you guys had been playing fro a while before this started happening.

It was at least a week after since I haven't seen it and only spent about a week playing in the DLC before starting up a new toon. I'd say about 2 weeks after release.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:28 pm

Thats odd isnt it? I mean wouldnt it have been seen immediatly if it was directly related to the game or the DLC? Could it be a result of PSN changes or something?
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:38 pm

GkMrBane wrote:Thats odd isnt it? I mean wouldnt it have been seen immediatly if it was directly related to the game or the DLC? Could it be a result of PSN changes or something?

It is, which leads me to believe it's a PSN issue. Blops is also supposedly having issues on PSN as well. It also explains why there isn't an announcement from From, they probably can't legally make an announcement about a bug that they have no control over. Just a theory though.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:42 pm

Hmm is there any issue's going on with heavy competitive games like MW3?
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:53 pm

Apart from the resonance rings, a PSN issue doesn't explain why it's only happening in the dlc area.

The dlc areas are also as bit special from a pvp perspective, which could have something to do with the glitches. The Royal Wood has two bosses, Artorias and Kalameet, but only one at a time. Then there's the Township and Chasm, two areas that share one boss, Manus. You also have a shortcut between the Royal Wood and the Chasm, although not available during pvp afaik. And finally the Stoicism Arena, a unique feature in dark souls, but not directly connected to the rest of the dlc world.

I'm pretty sure I've also had problems with the 'township bonfire will not re-ignite' after I kill an invader, or failed invasions, since dlc launch.

Speculation: I suspect the Chasm was originally (during development) separated from the Township by a proper area boss (the chained prisoner area looks the part), so the Township would no longer be open for pvp when you reached the Chasm. If I'm right, and they didn't correct this after removing the boss, could online data from both areas (twice the amount) potentially push the netcode beyond its limit? For example: You get failed invasions when you are hosting in the Township, by players trying to invade in the Chasm.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:09 am

For me the trigger was when I entered into a duel in the Arena last night, and it is clearly tied-in with the online aspect of the game as I started to play off-line and (touch wood) experienced no issues afterwards. I suspect that it'll be fixed with the next system update, as I am fullly convinced that it is an issue with the PSN and not the DLC, simply because prior to the visual glitch surfacing I had used the Arena without any negative effects whatsoever. It's a minor hiccup, and so we'll just have to be a little patient that's all. big grin
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:14 am

PS3 here, also haven't seen the resonance signs in a while (probably since the DLC flicker glitch). I'm sure it's related, but it's odd that only the DLC is affected by the visual glitch while resonance is re-broken everywhere.

I should add that unlike the visuals bug, I believe that it's not an issue of the resonance not merely showing up visually (ie - invisible), but they're no longer spawning.

What's different from now vs. the old era of no resonance, is that the the 'bugged/ permanent resonance signs' of the Catacombs haven't returned. Before patch 1.06, when resonance didn't work correctly for most or all PS3 players, there was a spot in the catacombs by the last necromancer where two permanent resonance signs would disappear occasionally (but appeared most of the time and typically wouldn't be gone for longer than a minute). They left when 1.06 came, which makes me think that resonance signs did used to spawn, but a bug caused them to 'teleport' to a fixed, incorrect location (just a guess).

ublug wrote:Do resonance rings come in two varieties, one for 'heal' spells and one for 'force' spells, or will a single resonance ring cater to all affected miracles (like the ring of the sun princess)?
    A single resonance sign caters to all affected miracles, just like the ring of the sun princess. There aren't different categories based on heal vs. offensive, only wether it's one of the nine miracles that are capable of synergy or not.

This is because, as far as I can tell, wearing the RotSP is identical to having a personal resonance sign that follows you around at all times. The ring doesn't do anything different or unique, as not wearing the ring and using a resonance sign will boost the same miracles by the same amounts. The only thing that is unique with the ring is that wearing it and standing near a sign at the same time will grant a 'double boost'.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:26 am

ublug wrote:
    Speculation: I suspect the Chasm was originally (during development) separated from the Township by a proper area boss (the chained prisoner area looks the part), so the Township would no longer be open for pvp when you reached the Chasm. If I'm right, and they didn't correct this after removing the boss, could online data from both areas (twice the amount) potentially push the netcode beyond its limit? For example: You get failed invasions when you are hosting in the Township, by players trying to invade in the Chasm.
    This is an interesting idea. I think there's some merit to the two bosses in the Royal Wood and/or the single boss for the two levels (Township/ Chasm) as being part of the problem.

I'm not sure how it'd push the netcode beyond its limit, though. There are only 3 places to invade in the township & chasm combined, and a total of 7 places to invade in all of the DLC (not counting the Arena). Blighttown by itself has 7 places to invade and is a comparable size, and also has two bonfires. I'm not sure why the Township/ Chasm wouldn't work the same as Upper vs. Lower Blighttown... but then again there could be a unique aspect that isn't obvious (like you said, a removed boss, etc).

Hopefully this gets fixed and we'll learn more about it!
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:29 am

I'm on 360. I've been busy with Halo 4 for a while now, so i'm not sure, however the first time this problem was mentioned on PS3 i had not experienced it, so i assume it's got something to do with PS3 only.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:29 am