Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
aceluby
Gazman0169
VinheimProfessor
Automancer
KuNaMiDaVenGer
9 posters

I need help with broken pendant [ASAP]

KuNaMiDaVenGer
    KuNaMiDaVenGer

I need help with broken pendant [ASAP] Empty I need help with broken pendant [ASAP]

Post by KuNaMiDaVenGer Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:48 am

I bought the dlc yesterday. I know it's the correct region. I tried re-installing, killing the golem 100 times, restarting my PS3. I'm on NG+ and I have saved dusk talked to her killed the HYDRA. All of it. So please help me!
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

I need help with broken pendant [ASAP] Empty Re: I need help with broken pendant [ASAP]

Post by Automancer Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:07 am

Here's me assuming that you only talked to her immediately after killing the Golem. Did you summon her then talk to her?
    KuNaMiDaVenGer
    KuNaMiDaVenGer

I need help with broken pendant [ASAP] Empty Re: I need help with broken pendant [ASAP]

Post by KuNaMiDaVenGer Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:36 am

After I talked to her when I killed the CG. I went and summoned her and talked to her.
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:57 am

Did you go to where the Antiquated Set is, retrieve it, reload the game and then go back? Do you see a black swirling vortex?
    KuNaMiDaVenGer
    KuNaMiDaVenGer

Post by KuNaMiDaVenGer Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:04 am

Idk I was far in the game in NG+ I saved her a loooooooong time ago.
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:49 am

KuNaMiDaVenGer wrote:Idk I was far in the game in NG+ I saved her a loooooooong time ago.

Go back to the area where you fought the gold golem in Darkroot Basin and make sure you have taken the antiquated set. Then return to a bonfire and rest. After that, go back to the Darkroot Basin where the Set was and let us know if you see a black vortex.
    KuNaMiDaVenGer
    KuNaMiDaVenGer

Post by KuNaMiDaVenGer Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:21 am

I don't see a shiny there so that means I must have took it and there's no black vortex
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:34 am

You can check to see if you took it or not; you should have two antiquated dresses and 2 dusk crowns. If you are in the right place, the only things I can suggest are:

A) Unfortunately, your game has glitched.

B) You may have put the broken pendant into your bottomless box or dropped it, which means it is not in your possession.

Now, are you sure you killed the normal golem that is standing outside the entrance to the Dukes Archives? That is the one that drops the broken pendant, and you need to kill him each NG to get it. There are a couple of steps in a normal playthrough to unlock the vortex:

1) Kill Hydra, Free Dusk
    2) Go deeper into the Basin and kill the gold golem
    3) Go to bonfire or quit, reload and return to get antiquated set
    4) Defeat O&S to unlock the Lord Soul Areas
    5) Go to Duke Archives, defeat 2 bulls, go up elevator and kill the golem right in front of the entrance to the right of the stairs. The golem drops the broken pendant.
    6) Return to the Basin and look in the area where you killed the gold golem with the broken pendant in your inventory (it doesn't have to be in your active Item list) and look for the vortex.

It is hard to figure out where you may have messed up as not proceeding in the chain correctly at any point of the six steps won't open it up for you.
    KuNaMiDaVenGer
    KuNaMiDaVenGer

Post by KuNaMiDaVenGer Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:50 am

Is there any sign to know if the dlc is on me or not. cause i bought it and I need to know if it's there. I'll try using my new character and see if it works but I need to know if the dlc is there and yes i bought it.
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:40 am

KuNaMiDaVenGer wrote:Is there any sign to know if the dlc is on me or not. cause i bought it and I need to know if it's there. I'll try using my new character and see if it works but I need to know if the dlc is there and yes i bought it.

I would think the most obvious sign would be seeing if there is a golem near the entrance of the Duke Archives. Other than that, the only thing I can think of is to make sure you are loading "Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition" and not the regular "Dark Souls", since AFAIK, the new content can only be accessed by characters generated through the new game. Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:09 pm

Are you using a new character?

If not, is the character you are using BB glitched?

If you are trying to access the DLC on disc via the Prepare to Die edition, then you will be required to create a new character, as the new disc will not recognise any of your old saves.

If you are trying to access the DLC from a PSN download, check to see if the it downloaded fully, and if in doubt download it again.

Good luck, and don't forget to let us know how you got on.
    KuNaMiDaVenGer
    KuNaMiDaVenGer

Post by KuNaMiDaVenGer Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:20 pm

Via download and i re-downloaded it many times and it doesnt seem to work..
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:24 pm

KuNaMiDaVenGer wrote:Via download and i re-downloaded it many times and it doesnt seem to work..

Is it a BB glitched character?
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:25 pm

New character, or an old BB glitched one?
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:56 pm

BB glitched character wont affect the DLC ive had 3 toons that i made ready for DLC and none of them have had a problem, the fault maybe a glitch it self try a new toon
    KuNaMiDaVenGer
    KuNaMiDaVenGer

Post by KuNaMiDaVenGer Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:23 pm

I will try but i'm scared it wont work. if maybe it's because of the region how can I change it? Did I waste my money?
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:43 pm

I doubt if you would be able to, it wouldn't hurt trying, try contacting Sony via the PSN to see if they can help.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:11 pm

Didn't see this mentioned. You must update to 1.06.

And isn't the vortex there after that is installed? The DLC DL just adds the golem and broken pendant drop once requirements are met?

KuNaMiDaVenGer
    KuNaMiDaVenGer

Post by KuNaMiDaVenGer Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:01 pm

No, I updated! :'(
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:42 pm

If you freed Dusk from the golem ages ago after you'd killed the Hydra, go back to the Dark Root Basin and check that Dusk's Summon sign isn't down by the lake. This is what I did first and there was no sign of it. Then go back to the Duke's Archives and kill the Crystal Golem there. A sign should pop up saying 'Broken Pendant' acquired or something like that. You don't have to physically pick it up like other stuff. Then go back down to the Dark Root Basin and make your way round the edge of the left hand side of the lake, past the waterfall and eventually you should see a dark swirling cloud where the body with the Antiquated Set is. You just walk up to it and a sign comes up saying 'Examine X'.

Sorry if this sounds a bit simple and maybe you've already done this but it's worth trying again. You may have missed something.
    KuNaMiDaVenGer
    KuNaMiDaVenGer

Post by KuNaMiDaVenGer Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:33 am

I will try on my new toon and i'll get back to you ;(
    KuNaMiDaVenGer
    KuNaMiDaVenGer

Post by KuNaMiDaVenGer Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:16 am

But when I on my game " checking for artorias of the abyss content" isnt there... :'(
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:02 am

It doesn't say that on the loading screens. It says something like 'checking for downloadable content' and it flashes up real quick. I had the same trouble as you the first time I played after downloading the extra stuff. I didn't know whether it was there or not. All I'm suggesting is you give it another try. Good luck.
    HomicidalCanine
    HomicidalCanine

Post by HomicidalCanine Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:36 am

Are you able to summon Dusk? I think if you declined her services (lol) then you've missed out on the DLC for this run. Also, the golem's there even if you don't have the DLC, it came with the update before the release. When you're on the main menu, does your game say something along the lines of "Checking Artorias of the Abyss content"?
    KuNaMiDaVenGer
    KuNaMiDaVenGer

Post by KuNaMiDaVenGer Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:06 am

No, I accepted her and the artorias content thing isn't there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:35 am